Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

th wireframe star wars game tht was just the attack on the death star ws freakin sick too, bar near me just got it in nd i spent all night playing it

Yeah that game owned too, I had played it on MAME but I played it on a real machine for the first time in San Francisco last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fungah! posted:

th wireframe star wars game tht was just the attack on the death star ws freakin sick too, bar near me just got it in nd i spent all night playing it

oh man

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The full Afterburner cabinet. Also this;

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 24, 2016

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys wanna go to Dave and Busters this weekend

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress no we made plans already!! Were all catching pablos set at rough trade and then doing the barcade crawl

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HORMELCHILI posted:

gently caress no we made plans already!! Were all catching pablos set at rough trade and then doing the barcade crawl

gently caress! I forgot all about this

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Brooklyn Barcade Crawl

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Barcade Brooklyn has an extremely win selection of games actually

1943: The Battle of Midway
Aero Fighters 2
Alien vs. Predator
Arkanoid
Asteroids
Berzerk
Bubble Bobble
Bust-A-Move
Centipede
Championship Sprint
Cheyenne
Crystal Castles
Daytona USA (Twin)
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Junior
Final Fight
Frogger
Galaga
Gauntlet
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Golly! Ghost!
Gunblade NY
Joust
King of the Monsters
Lady Bug
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age Of Heroes
Metal Slug X
Mortal Kombat II
Ms. Pac-Man
NARC
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Nightmare in the Dark
Pac-Man Battle Royale
Punch-Out!!
Q*Bert
Rampage
R.B.I. Baseball
Robocop
Robotron: 2084
Satan's Hollow
Smash T.V.
Spiker
Star Wars Trilogy
Strider
S.T.U.N. Runner
Tapper
Tecmo Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tetris
Timber
Windjammers

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I posted about it in the Classic Gaming Thread but mgs4 had a Japanese only MGO cabinet that was insane

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
NBA Jam was one of my favorite arcade games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The rubber banding is bullshit.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NBA Jam: TE on the SNES was extremely my poo poo when I was a kid and the unlockable characters were epic

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bill Clinton was a playable character lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I remember an arcade game when I was young where you just moved moved a stick back and forth and made a guy dodge stuff, it was super easy but I thought it was cool when I was eight and I wish I could remember the name of it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

what the gently caress? Every time I saw one of those cabinets there was only one glove. no wonder it was so hard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no they will not posted:

what the gently caress? Every time I saw one of those cabinets there was only one glove. no wonder it was so hard

looks like you got owned

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

no they will not posted:

Kenshiro could do it one handed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is awesome

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

no they will not posted:

prepare to get blown up by pattycake champion GurlRaver1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5d5tnl996I

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that looks like the gayest possible way to play a badass game

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

https://youtu.be/N3ns-JO0V_g

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 25, 2016

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pookum posted:

Time crisis 2 is pretty cool. Almost bought a cabinet from a place that was closing down

I remember time crisis 2...from last weekend when I played it. Hell yeah, Japan ftw.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember time crisis 2...from last weekend when I played it. Hell yeah, Japan ftw.
Does Japan have barcades??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They don't need them because they have real arcades

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont have to go to japan to play time crisis 2... theres a machine a block away from me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my fried had time crisis II on ps2 and we played that a lot. One of the unblockable modes was you dual wield SMGs on one player and shred the game in like 15 minutes lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i dont have to go to japan to play time crisis 2... theres a machine a block away from me

Oh, is there one at your boyfriend's house?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

my fried had time crisis II on ps2 and we played that a lot. One of the unblockable modes was you dual wield SMGs on one player and shred the game in like 15 minutes lol

Nice. I liked Crisis Zone, the Time Crisis spin-off where you were a SWAT officer with a machine gun and a riot shield that the pedal would control

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I know that but it's pretty epic to drink and play classic arcade games, that's why I was asking.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

You guys wanna go to Dave and Busters this weekend

Theu dont even have arcade games 90 % of the ti.e frigg u dave amd busters

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Pablo Gigante posted:

Barcade Brooklyn has an extremely win selection of games actually

Golly! Ghost!
Satan's Hollow
S.T.U.N. Runner

These are the games I play at Barcade

Also, whoever posted Police 911, that game was my poo poo. You could essentially do Neo-style (matrix) bullet dodging. The mocap boxing one sucked rear end though, my first job was at an arcade and we had to fix that game all the freaking time bc buff people would rage on it, well that's my story

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
my dad and i played one of the newer Time Crises and uh.. it kinda sucked. the pedal mechanic seemed to be... gone? or just not really important anymore? However, the two other new arcade games that are sick are: The New immersive Star Wars game (essentially an update of Sega's classic SW Trilogy game) and Killer Queen (idk why this game isn't on steam or Wii U...)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that guitar hero has stuck around random places as a arcade machine because guitar hero/rock band are still awesome. The price is usually bull rear end though it's like a buck a song.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I played the metal gear arcade game when I lived in Japan. And I got to play the ride on version of hang on which was badass.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chill Penguin posted:

my dad and i played one of the newer Time Crises and uh.. it kinda sucked. the pedal mechanic seemed to be... gone? or just not really important anymore? However, the two other new arcade games that are sick are: The New immersive Star Wars game (essentially an update of Sega's classic SW Trilogy game) and Killer Queen (idk why this game isn't on steam or Wii U...)

That new Star Wars one looks fairly badass, might have to track it down

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

is till need to go check out tht badass looking arcade ysg wwas posting about last month thats out in the chicago burbs, place looks fuckin cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Aerosmith's Revolution X

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

is till need to go check out tht badass looking arcade ysg wwas posting about last month thats out in the chicago burbs, place looks fuckin cool

Friday, May 20th
  • Sebatian Bartlett set the Aurcade High Score in Red Baron: 35,300
  • Phillip Ahn (Shang Tsung) and Daniel Pesina (Johnny Cage) visited the Arcade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yooooooo

• Locked thread