Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/09/chicagos-500th-homicide-of-the-year/498785/

500th murder this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/09/05/religious-argument-may-have-preceded-fatal-shooting-of-pastor-80/

Chicago police say they have a person in custody in connection with the death, which occurred at the Senior Suites of Rainbow Beach in the South Shore neighborhood early Monday.

Police say the 80-year-old victim was shot in the face and died. Investigators said the suspect, who uses a motorized wheelchair, fired one shot, then moved closer and fired several more.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
my kind of town, chicago is.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
you can't legalize it without losing gov't jobs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think we're gonna break 1000 this year. Maybe if we have a warm fall.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Video captures attacker shooting, robbing 71-year-old man watering his lawn

In a video Askew provided to the Tribune, two young men on bicycles pass the man standing just off the sidewalk in front of his home. One of the riders circles back, gets off the bike and starts wrestling with the victim, the garden hose apparently spraying the robber during the struggle.

The robber appears to fire at the man as he falls to the ground, then goes through his pockets before getting back on the bike and riding off. The victim gets up and starts walking to his home, then goes to a neighbor's home while holding his abdomen. He later was taken by good Samaritans to a hospital where he underwent surgery, said neighbor and 69/70 Calfair Block Club President Loisteen Walker. Walker on Wednesday said her neighbor, whose name has not been released by authorities, was in stable condition.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-video-captures-attacker-shooting-robbing-man-watering-his-lawn-20160907-story.html

Chicago killings: 'It's like crates of guns got dropped off'

Killings in Chicago have hit a 20-year high as the grim toll for homicides in the city passed 500.

Rapper Bo Deal is a member of a gang and has spent time in prison - but even he's shocked by the scale of the violence.

"I've never seen so many guns", he told the BBC's Ian Pannell for the digital documentary The Lost Streets of Chicago.

Watch the full film here

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/features/magazine-37292306/37292306 :nws:

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
I went there for a week for business and had my wallet and phone stolen it was sweet.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Oh, can I expect the same thing when I'm there? Your standard CCW license isn't valid in city limits, right?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chicago has good theatrer

SketchyNick
Oct 15, 2005
If you avoid the bad areas you will be fine. Its really not difficult to never be in the south or west side.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Boof Bonser posted:

I went there for a week for business and had my wallet and phone stolen it was sweet.

You must look like an easy target or something bc lol

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
1970'S South Bronx is laughing at "modern" Chicago.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

So I'm flying to Chicago on Sunday.....between a) flying on September 11, b) staying in Chicago for a week and c) being the last hope to fix a multi-million dollar machine that everyone including the manufacturer has failed to fix it's bound to be a great week.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Just stay close to downtown if you don't want any of the local flavor

SketchyNick
Oct 15, 2005
If you want good food any stop between daemon and belmont on the blue line is a good choice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SketchyNick posted:

If you want good food any stop between daemon and belmont on the blue line is a good choice

I'd extend that from Belmont to Chicago just so he can get D'Agostino's Pizza.Get the thin crust. Our any of the sushi places on Chicago west of Ogden/Milwaukee.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, don't miss out on that Midwestern sushi :wtc:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Toro Sushi is run by a guy named Mitch. He's the loving man and his place is legit.

https://goo.gl/maps/F2D2x7AQDwM2

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
Chicago people deserve to die I guess?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

1970'S South Bronx is laughing at "modern" Chicago.

I think the guys with Mac-11s and 30 round extended clips are going to give the guys with bicycle chains and switchblades a run for their money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bejAWQBvkC0

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yes, don't miss out on that Midwestern sushi :wtc:

Although pricey Chicago gets world class fresh sea food flown in daily. U just got to know where to go.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

So I'm flying to Chicago on Sunday.....between a) flying on September 11, b) staying in Chicago for a week and c) being the last hope to fix a multi-million dollar machine that everyone including the manufacturer has failed to fix it's bound to be a great week.

duder I have flown on nearly as many 9/11s as I haven't, including the BIG TENTH ANNIVERSARY, and let me tell you it's actually pretty sweet because the airports are less crowded

also Chicago sucks but seconding the guy that recommended kuma's. i lived in the chicago area for six goddamn years and only found out about the place after moving to another state, fml.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chicago does three things exceptionally well.

1. Food (all kinds...literally every kind)
2. Bars
3. Low income violence

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěili🥰kdy nm Pn Bůh🙌🏻zdrav d💪?
Love is a battlefield

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Ryoshi posted:

duder I have flown on nearly as many 9/11s as I haven't, including the BIG TENTH ANNIVERSARY, and let me tell you it's actually pretty sweet because the airports are less crowded

also Chicago sucks but seconding the guy that recommended kuma's. i lived in the chicago area for six goddamn years and only found out about the place after moving to another state, fml.

Speaking as someone stuck in Chicago, Kumas can suck my balls fuckman. Cook your own food at home you fat loving goons.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

WaryWarren posted:

Speaking as someone stuck in Chicago, Kumas can suck my balls fuckman. Cook your own food at home you fat loving goons.

A guy visiting from out of town is going to cook food at home.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Love is a battlefield

gently caress Chicago.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Chicago does three things exceptionally well.

1. Food (all kinds...literally every kind)
2. Bars
3. Low income violence

chicago pizza is rly bad and most bars in the city are poo poo but yeah boy howdy they sure do nail that last one

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
hmm I wonder who's doing all the shooting in Chicago ? I see a trend but can't quite identify it

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

wouldnt
wouldnt
would

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Crime has started to seep into the nice neighborhoods now too. This is like right around million dollar homes and $400k condos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkgoqDnyX9A

If you are wondering where the cops are they moved a bunch from the nicer areas to the bad areas. Now the nicer areas have no cops and criminals have started to figure that out and just go around mugging people and shooting guns off because there is no one to stop them.

Also our pizza is good.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Niwrad posted:

Crime has started to seep into the nice neighborhoods now too. This is like right around million dollar homes and $400k condos.

If you are wondering where the cops are they moved a bunch from the nicer areas to the bad areas. Now the nicer areas have no cops and criminals have started to figure that out and just go around mugging people and shooting guns off because there is no one to stop them.

Also our pizza is good.

I'm the guy who's looking for BLM

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm the guy who yells we're all human right before the gunfire starts.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm one of the lawyer friends

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i wanted to visit chicago one day so fix that poo poo

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
lmao that shits like a comedy sketch.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
*said repeatedly and increasingly nasally* where's black lives matters, huh?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Also our pizza is good.

This has always been the case. Anywhere within a couple blocks of a red line stop (any red line stop) is going to have poor people mugging people/breaking in. Really the only solution is to just pave over entire southside except China Town and Canaryville and just make it a huge parking lot with bus access to take you downtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

This has always been the case. Anywhere within a couple blocks of a red line stop (any red line stop) is going to have poor people mugging people/breaking in. Really the only solution is to just pave over entire southside except China Town and Canaryville and just make it a huge parking lot with bus access to take you downtown.

Is wriggley on the south side? Please don't pave that.

• Locked thread