Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'm really jealous of the youth who get to grow up being cool and awesome in places like this.

Drugs are cool, guns are cool, shooting people and dying from being shot is cool as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
As a white person who regularly travels through poor black areas and walks through projects, I always felt pretty safe.

Black people seem to be terrified of white people in those areas. One time I was on a bus that was entirely packed with black people except for 2 seats on either side of myself. They were the only free seats on the bus and no one wanted to get near me

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

HeldenSterbenNicht posted:

Were you at the front of the bus?

kind of, i was one those triple seats they have at the front at the side of the bus, but i was on the one furthest back

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I was actually surprised not to see Lagos on that list of the most violent cities, I guess their reputation is a lot worse than the reality.

actually, they're almost all South, Central or North American (nice work United States, you're like the only properly developed first world country on the list and with multiple entries no less) and then South Africa is the only African country that has cities on the list.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
From what I heard, in Lagos if you report a murder, the cops arrest you for committing it, so literally no one ever reports them and the corpses just lie there and rot, so that makes sense.

For a place to have murder statistics, someone has to care enough to mark it down as a crime.

• Locked thread