Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I'm going to Chicago next month with my girlfriend and I'm looking for an Airbnb to rent for a few days before her corporate hotel room is open.

I know nothing about Chicago. Where can I stay that's cool and also which parts of the city are the horrible death zones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Mostly I think we would spend most of that time having sex and then walking out of the room to get food and booze, so I was hoping to stay in a nice, livable neighborhood without too much of the tourist stuff.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Thanks, guys! Now my problem is that Airbnb rates in Chicago are stupidly high, after fees, deposits and a substantial state tax. Hotel rooms seem similarly expensive... I didn't know that Chicago was such a pricey town!

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Welp, I'm going there on the 21st for a week, wish me luck, goons!

Also gently caress Illinois tax on hotels, Jesus. It's cheaper to rent mansion in DC than it is to rent a room in Chicago.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Oh, can I expect the same thing when I'm there? Your standard CCW license isn't valid in city limits, right?

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
How nice is the inner loop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Oh, so as long as I don't go out at night I won't die? Great!

Oh and Jesus, Airbnb is super expensive here, strangely enough, so are generic hotel rooms. A crappy hotel room is roughly analogous to a small Airbnb. Chicago is really pricey.

• Locked thread