Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Tell me how dumb I am for having pre-ordered a Blizzard Game.

(this is my first Blizzard purchase irl)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
no one cares about your smash bros op

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
i'm not going to get it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ExtraQuiet posted:

no one cares about your smash bros op

fair enough

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
the gameplay is fun. The backstories and stuff are terrible

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

i'm

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
*gamestop girl* Woosh bang pow! Owned! Primal Rage Mode!!! Give me back my brittney sthpears recordths, kenny!!!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

the gameplay is fun. The backstories and stuff are terrible

that sucks. i dont care much for gameplay, but i need my backstories to be tip top so i can pretend im a superhero or anything other than this gay shell

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Looks like some competitive arena shooter garbage, but without hats. Why would anyone leave tf2 for this?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im the sexy girl cause face it guys, if im going to spend a bunch of time looking at a character's butt it better bet a hot one!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nuts and Gum posted:

Looks like some competitive arena shooter garbage, but without hats. Why would anyone leave tf2 for this?

butts, mostly

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

im the sexy girl cause face it guys, if im going to spend a bunch of time looking at a character's butt it better bet a hot one!

You can't see your own butt, idiot. It's an FPS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
check back in when you learn fov settings, greenhorn

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I downloaded the beta but I couldn't care enough to press "play" and learn all the powers.

How was it ? MLG material ?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It is a fun game, op

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Decebal posted:

I downloaded the beta but I couldn't care enough to press "play" and learn all the powers.

How was it ? MLG material ?

Depends on if you like games

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

signalnoise posted:

Depends on if you like games

Does it require DOTA levels of "dedication" ?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i still dont know which key is melee

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Decebal posted:

no, you can be casual as hell and still have fun. Just pick the autoaim gorilla if you're too drunk to control a mouse.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Decebal posted:

No, it's a game you can sit down and play for 10 minutes and not care about anything. It is very rewarding to people who are bad at games and even if everyone in the match sucks it'll still be like "This one guy did something really cool" at the end of the match

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
get facefucked in a dirtpit OP

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You are smart op and the melee key is 'V'

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

JiveHonky posted:

But...why male models?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JiveHonky posted:

which hero has that special ability

Ahundredbux posted:

You are smart op and the melee key is 'V'

thanks OP!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Sixty bucks? That could get me enough malt liquor to be drunk for 3 weeks straight

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ChrisHansen posted:

Sixty bucks? That could get me enough malt liquor to be drunk for 3 weeks straight

yeah thats a perfectly fine argument but i mean i would just go to costco and stock up on kirkland beer & burbon

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
it's $40 for the game, the $60 price point is for extra poo poo you don't need unless you want your bastion to be covered in weeds

so i guess what i'm saying is it's $60 yes

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I find it so funny how many people say "it's not like team fortress 2" and then go on to describe the exact gameplay of team fortress 2, and make the same criticisms, counter criticisms and discussion points as people have made about team fortress 2 for something nearing a decade now.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
you can be cute girls in this tho

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

!Klams posted:

I find it so funny how many people say "it's not like team fortress 2" and then go on to describe the exact gameplay of team fortress 2, and make the same criticisms, counter criticisms and discussion points as people have made about team fortress 2 for something nearing a decade now.

its basically a faster paced version of TF2 so thats cool and good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah tf2 didnt allow you to play (or even better, kill :twisted: ) sexed up babes. best we had was lumpy agender pyro.

also overwatch is for when you're confused by the simple cartoon physics of tf2 and want something you can just w+m1 on as fancy directx explosion/rune graphics stack up 30 layers deep, obscuring the fact that nobody actually designed these maps

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"faster paced" now means that everybody has their own ubercharge on a 10 second cooldown btw. Blizzard

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I seriously dont get this games popularity its just another tf2

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
looks good dont jack off to the kimo chick

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Chinatown posted:

its basically a faster paced version of TF2 so thats cool and good

I don't think the pace was ever a problem with TF2, but that has basically sold me on it so I guess I'll dish 40 bux.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I've reached a point in life where I just can't play pointless games anymore that will not remember in a years time.

Some games are still cool and good, they have memorable action scenes or actually kinda good stories or beautiful vistas or what have you.

But games like these are just the same thing, over and over and over again. Shoot mans, get points, win or lose round, switch to other hero, kill mans, etc.

If Im going to spend dozens of hours on something I wanna remember it somehow, I want to be able to think back and go "oh yeah that was cool" and not think "I remember something about a spawn camper, maybe?"

In short I finally grew up and realized video games are a waste of time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
heh, "shoot mans"

heheheh

just a little industry slang there fellas. If you're "In the know", you Get It.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im playing only characters with hitscan wepons :twisted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Overwatch is a garbage game for people whose time is worthless even to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I found it to be overhyped and spammy

• Locked thread