Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

here's one for overwatch what about hoversquat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
overwatch is bad

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Internaut! posted:

CSGO and nothing else popular

Battlefield 1 is coming sometime soon but I can't get too excited at the prospect of crawling through mud shooting a bolt action winchester

That's cool because there aren't any bolt-action Winchesters in BF1. There's a semi-auto and level action Winchester tho.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

no mans sky is poo poo that an obese man poo poo out of he rear end

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
no mans sky is a great game because it has crafting and multiplayer and crafting

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Putty posted:

no mans sky is a great game because it has crafting and multiplayer and crafting

even the crafting list is pretty short and obviously has stuff cut :laugh:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I bought overwatch, and $40 is a bit steep. There was about 3 maps i nthe rotations. And like, I get it. A billion characters whhhooOOaaAAA!! But come on. Also I only played about an hour of matches, got sextuple kills in one without dying (according to robot voice lady), and no one unanimously voted me the best ( I had 1-2 votes each time, but I assume the server does that because games are for millennials now) or gave me the sweet "sit here and watch a guy shoot for a bit" cam at the end. Korean meme warrior didn't even have any girl group skins. What the hell is that about?!

I'm pretty sure Overwatch is not great.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
OW is like ten bucks too expensive and good as in only okay.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Hrist posted:

I bought overwatch, and $40 is a bit steep. There was about 3 maps i nthe rotations. And like, I get it. A billion characters whhhooOOaaAAA!! But come on. Also I only played about an hour of matches, got sextuple kills in one without dying (according to robot voice lady), and no one unanimously voted me the best ( I had 1-2 votes each time, but I assume the server does that because games are for millennials now) or gave me the sweet "sit here and watch a guy shoot for a bit" cam at the end. Korean meme warrior didn't even have any girl group skins. What the hell is that about?!

No it's great, sorry you didn't get play of the game or any votes in the first hour you played

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Hrist posted:

There are more than three maps.

Levels 1- 20 in matchmaking mean everyone is noobs who don't know what they're doing.

Voting is dumb and nobody votes for the enemy.

The word "millennial" used unironically.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
embrace the meme for 1000 bitcoins

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
DVa rules

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I get there's more maps than that, but it just kinda sucks that the thing gave the same few so many times in a row. I had no idea about the level grouping thing though.

edit: unless I'm completely misunderstanding that, and I just also happened to get group with other new people. I didn't even pay attention to what anyone was at. Either way. That's what I get for trying to make a joke in gbs

Hrist fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 19, 2016

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Overwatch is actually, truly bad

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Zorodius posted:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Hrist posted:

I get there's more maps than that, but it just kinda sucks that the thing gave the same few so many times in a row. I had no idea about the level grouping thing though.

edit: unless I'm completely misunderstanding that, and I just also happened to get group with other new people. I didn't even pay attention to what anyone was at. Either way. That's what I get for trying to make a joke in gbs

Yeah sometimes you keep getting placed in the same maps again and again. You have a player level and the game tries to match you with similar levels. It's mostly a measure of how long you've been playing instead of skill but at lower levels it's basically the same thing. Also no jokes allowed in GBS for workgroups we try to keep things professional here

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Putty posted:

embrace the meme for 1000 bitcoins

upvoted

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Try to stay in your quickplay group for a long as possible. You get :siren:BONUS XP:siren: for consecutive matches and see the same maps less. Less Hanamura is better.

Also theres an XP bonus for being the guy who joins a match after someone else ragequits which is funny.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Overwatch's memes are all poo poo tier anyway. Like Diva has a skin where here robot has "wr3kd" on the back. Like Blizzard was obviously trying to say "#REKT" but were too retarded to pull it off. They should hire me to be the meme consultant for future Overwatch content.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
knowing memes theres probably someone out there who unironically has a copyright on it

also Monday Night Combat had even worse forced memes

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hrist posted:

because games are for millennials now

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rekt isnt a meme its just something dorks say in videogames

like back when dorks used to say owned and stuff

its dorktalk, you fuckin dorks

the reeason it says "wrecked" on dvas mech is because she uses the mechs wreck to wreck people when she ults and wrecks the mech

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
overwatch is good and bf1 will also be good

namaste

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Zzulu posted:

Rekt isnt a meme its just something dorks say in videogames

like back when dorks used to say owned and stuff

its dorktalk, you fuckin dorks

the reeason it says "wrecked" on dvas mech is because she uses the mechs wreck to wreck people when she ults and wrecks the mech

you forget that Meme is/was an actual word with actual definition - An element or behavior in a culture that spreads from one individual to the next

Metal Gear Solid tried to use this word in the unironic sense

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Everything is a meme, wr3kd

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Overwatch is rated T for Teen because McCree smokes a cigar

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

What if memes r real life

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

social vegan posted:

What if memes r real life

Your memes end here.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zorodius posted:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

separated at birth???

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

dva is the worst video game character ever created

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Fagmaster posted:

i'm amazed dva isn't worse than she is. on paper, an asian gamer girl whose catchphrases are "time to raise my apm" and "nerf this", and who rides around in a giant mecha sounds like such a terrible, inauthentic idea that it would make me embarrassed for all nerds everywhere just by existing. but i'm actually totally ok with picking dva and shooting mans.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Shoutout to simpleflips.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Overwatch is /bad/

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Aralan posted:

DVa rules

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Fagmaster posted:

She's in a game with loving Tracer in it and you say she's the worst?

And even then, Tracer's only the second worst video game character ever.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
moonmoon's a good streamer and is doing a good charity stream right now for baton rouge, featuring lots of roadhog, d.va and stupid donator challenges, I got him to play a round as Reinhardt with no shield for $50

https://www.twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

She's in a game with loving Tracer in it and you say she's the worst?

And even then, Tracer's only the second worst video game character ever.

Who's the worst?

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
tracer is fantastic to play though? do people not like her from an aesthetic perspective or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Internaut! posted:

moonmoon's a good streamer and is doing a good charity stream right now for baton rouge, featuring lots of roadhog, d.va and stupid donator challenges, I got him to play a round as Reinhardt with no shield for $50

https://www.twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow

Lmao you gave $50 bucks to a scammer to play a video game, a bad one, at that.

• Locked thread