Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaquin
May 12, 2007
looks good dont jack off to the kimo chick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
whats blizz's recipe for success? that's right good games bitch. straight good games. if you dont like them report to the policia because you are probably a murderer in the making.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Tomato Burger posted:

There are a lot of people in that picture. Please explain how any of them are more differentiated than TF2 classes. Is there a fat, slow character with a big gun? A sniper? A sprightly smartass character? Looks like all the bases are covered.

Half-serious about this - what makes the characters well-defined rather than a blurry spectrum of classes?

are you a girl brained idiot obviously the weapons and their abilities what is wrong with you

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
bastards got girlbrains

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I am already tired of the waifu craze attached to this game

i bet your waifus are poo poo

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
husbandos if applicable im an equal opportunity poo poo poster

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

CJacobs posted:

McCree is handsome, but also a video game character

it's all about trans humanism now

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Shaquin posted:

it's all about trans humanism now

^layers like an onion^

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
blizzard is fine

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Cartouche posted:

No, they only know how to make eye candy now. Engaging and meaningful gameplay has been gone for a while.

the gameplay is fine

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
you sound very old

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
it's good to me that there might be an an arena fps "casual" people like to play. they will like them and this will open the market for a broader swathe of entries in the genre.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
the stories are fine, it's just a video game

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

That Robot posted:

god drat the hype for this game is so fucken annoying

is it actually good at all?

yah i hate it when people are vocal about enjoying things as well

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
the "wit" of tf2 says a gbs

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
heroes of the storm is pretty fun

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

i think you dont like it because some of the ladies look nice

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Madcosby posted:

i played hearthstone for about 45 minutes

it was loving garbage designed around strength through microtransactions

and people paid in like chhhhuuuummmmpppps

shaquin did you like hearthstone and how much did you spend

i dont like card games other than a couple that were outright buy to play for my phone so none

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

New Sharif in Town posted:

I played overwatch today.
I think I might have enjoyed it.
What do I do?

have a good time and fun and laugh at the funny quips

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
there's no upper limit on how many video games we can have guys maybe enjoy the games you like and dont worry about the rest namaste

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

I like butts

hell, I will agree

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i like chris metzen

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

spud posted:

He reminds me of a transgender lady. I think it's the earrings.

It is also hilarious that he is responsible for lore throughout all Blizzard franchises...all because he did the Warcraft RTS "lore" back in the day.

the man has lived the dream of being a video game writer to it's fullest. I don't care if it's not high art, and that's people who pine for old blizzards problem. All of these cinematics and moments and things people remember as deeper or meaningful weren't, it was the pulpy heart string pulling kind of stuff that grabbed you by the balls as a teen

It wasn't about the writing being good, it was just about it resonating with something human and dumb but no less virtuous for any of that. It's conan confronting thulsa doom. It's luke confronting the emperor. It's base and it's nerd, it's not and never was articulated artfully. It's bombastic and loud, it's primal and thoughtless. It's blood and thunder. It's feeling, not the details.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
metzen has no pretensions about what he does, he sticks his stand in character Thrall in a trench coat for an expansion because he thinks it looks cool. A lot of folks get mad about that because it's dumb, something I can't argue in the least.

But there was a time, when I was a child, where I would have told him how cool that was and meant it. We should all be so blessed to have that child within us somewhere, and to be able to pour it into our work.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
you should relax

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
you should empty yourself of that hate man it takes a toll

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i post a bit in gbs you might want to take some steps to mitigate your aggravation if you are going to stick around

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 25, 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

thathonkey posted:

can i get it on mac

breaking from tradition no, they cited branching into consoles as a reason they couldn't devote the time to an osx version

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i play cribbage

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

dethkon posted:

I remember being about 10 and looking at all the cool pictures he drew in the warcraft 2 manual. then I'd go to imagination land and pretend I was an orc :)

I liked that the original d2 manual had detailed little lore blurbs for every skill for every character, literally every single one.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
"FREE JAINA - HOT"

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also one of my fraternity brothers in college played pro halo for MLG so that might explain why they give me a bad taste in my mouth.

why would this leave you with a bad taste in your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

• Locked thread