Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Chinatown posted:

Tell me how dumb I am for having pre-ordered a Blizzard Game.

(this is my first Blizzard purchase irl)

This is not your uncles Blizzard.

Blizzard is not even remotely close to the talent back in the day which made them a household name.

gently caress Blizzard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

Blizzard still knows how to make fun games, which of course is important. However they've lost that knack for story telling and narrative polish. SC2 and Diablo 3 come to mind.

No, they only know how to make eye candy now. Engaging and meaningful gameplay has been gone for a while.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Shaquin posted:

you sound very old

I am not young. You sound like a millennial who doesn't know quality for poo poo.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

signalnoise posted:

oh but I pine for the days of everyone being the same character, or hats and gameplay that has to be unlocked

This is rich, considering the current state of WoW character customization.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

ButteCysts posted:

i used to care about "competitive" gaming but now i just want to have fun and its a fun game

if you have strong opinions on the "casualisation" of gaming you should probably kill youre self

What are you even talking about? Who are you making a bad attempt of arguing with?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Otacon posted:

makes you think

You think you think, but you dont.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

People are still playing TF2 after 9 years?

I still play poker and chess.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

The Skeleton King posted:

You guys should all just play ArmA 3, which will always be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't think multiplayer FPS games are fun

Like I really don't care for when some 12-year old teleports 30 feet, shanks me with a knife and calls me a human being friend of the family on xbox live

Please explain to me how playing online halo and cowwa doody are at all an enjoyable experience because I've tried it and I'm just not seeing it.

Get gud and suk less?

• Locked thread