Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
why is everyone drawing overwatch characters as constantly loving each other yet living in a conventional nuclear family dynamic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
i have fun by deliberately not playing well until someone loses it and calls me a bad word and then i screencap 'em and send it to blizz

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

quote:

And I really have to get something off my chest people. I don’t have a problem with these skins, in fact I adore them. Please just chill with me for a second while I explain.

The biggest issue I see here is people (who usually arn’t ndn, let alone from pac nw tribes) yelling about cultural appropriation. Which good! I’m glad people are on guard for it! But it’s entirely possible that Pharah’s father was Eyak/Tlingit/Haida/Tsimshian or from another closely related Pacific Northwest tribe, so we can’t really call that yet. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was.

Most importantly, speaking as an Eyak. Which is all I can do despite Tlingit/Haida/Tsimshian being so closely related, our tribe’s relationship with cultural appropriation is uh, not exactly the norm.

The last Eyak fluent speaker died in 2008, her name was Chief Marie Smith Jones and she was also the last full-blooded Eyak on Earth. The very last. Please appreciate Eyak culture. It’s the only way it’s going to survive. There’s less than 500 of us remaining, and we’re scattered more and more every year. Families I grew up with in Alaska converted to Catholicism. The military took my family across the globe and left us an entire continent away. The language I learned at the dinner table in 1998 now almost exclusively exists on those cassette tapes my white father recorded that night and in reconstructive attempts from a French academic that studied our language from halfway across the globe.

It sucks poo poo guys, it really does.

When I first saw the Thunderbird skin I cried, I cried for an hour. Because Overwatch is huge. It will live on for years if not decades. And there’s Pharah with her hair in braids I haven’t seen my mother wear in over a decade. Wearing the colors that remind me of a home I no longer have. Embodying a mythic figure that I trusted to protect me during Y2K and sought out constellations in the sky for.
nobody cried for an hour after seeing a cartoon rocket woman dressed like a totem pole i loving promise you

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
my personal life is so hosed up and weird and hopeless that i have to depend on this drawing of tracer and the purple lady doing the nasty in order to maintain some kind of mental and spiritual balance

and now, i fear i shall have a panic attack if lucio and mcree don't play footsie with one another in the hollywood level

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Overwatch is a fun game but TF2 is a much better game.

someone finally loving said it

but valve's hosed the goddamn thing up with this competitive mode push

• Locked thread