Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im the sexy girl cause face it guys, if im going to spend a bunch of time looking at a character's butt it better bet a hot one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
check back in when you learn fov settings, greenhorn

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah tf2 didnt allow you to play (or even better, kill :twisted: ) sexed up babes. best we had was lumpy agender pyro.

also overwatch is for when you're confused by the simple cartoon physics of tf2 and want something you can just w+m1 on as fancy directx explosion/rune graphics stack up 30 layers deep, obscuring the fact that nobody actually designed these maps

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"faster paced" now means that everybody has their own ubercharge on a 10 second cooldown btw. Blizzard

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
heh, "shoot mans"

heheheh

just a little industry slang there fellas. If you're "In the know", you Get It.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Macasaurus posted:

there's no score screen, :arghfist: MILLENIALS

no but for real how do i even gauge what im doing

do you have a boner? if not, you are not playing Sexy Angel or Sexy Hacker enough

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Macasaurus posted:

ive only found the fist key, wheres the jerk off one

right under the desk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Macasaurus posted:

i dont want to bother your mom while she's working

s'all good, she works days. your dad's on nights, just stand by a few

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
60% of the screencaps for a youtube search for 'overwatch' just happen to be sexy hacker / sexy angel screengrabs

Tomato Burger posted:

There are a lot of people in that picture. Please explain how any of them are more differentiated than TF2 classes. Is there a fat, slow character with a big gun? A sniper? A sprightly smartass character? Looks like all the bases are covered.

Half-serious about this - what makes the characters well-defined rather than a blurry spectrum of classes?

with Blizzard(Tm)'s Overwatch(r) you don't have to choose! Every loving fps trope ever conceived is represented. there are twenty-one classes.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Why would anyone not play tracer, you get to win every fight you pick and leave the ones you don't, its like playing scout but with more speed and escapes.

Sounds like my ex-wife! Hoo buddy.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have literal hundreds of weapons extra just sitting there in my backpack, if you're so hard up for a kritzkrieg i got you fam

i mean they just give you guns every few minutes lol it could not be any easier

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

!Klams posted:

TF2 always had this accomplished sense of humor, like it's actually endearingly funny a lot of the time. It was always a case of like "we hope you like this?" And then valve really over delivering. With overwatch I get this sense of "...You're gonna LOVE this. (Smugface)" and it's just a worse TF2?

Like, they've done a series of "meet the..." videos fit the characters, except instead of being funny, they've tried to be emotionally manipulative instead. Like, the introduction for "Soldier 76" who is basically a 90s, deadpool level "COOL DUDEŠ" doesn't really feature him at all (because where's the shmaltz) so instead it's about some poor favela girl buying milk for her mum...

yeah. tf2 nailed it because they somewhat understood strangelove/military industrial complex/cold war humor and focused on that and it ended up just sharp as a tack. I see overwatch screenshots and im like ok, there are western cowboys and a samurai and an angel and a wow dwarf, what the gently caress is your notion here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it helps a whole lot to turn down your mouse resolution a bit i bet no overwatch players do this because theyre playing on macbooks or whatever which is why they made a trackpad shooter

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
*turns corner in tf2*

*sees enemy*

*does wild 1080 spin while spraying bullets because mouse sens is set to 72.6*

loving fast reflex asians! owned again!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you can replace the phrase "begs the question" in your snotty little sentence with the phrase "raises the question", you're using "begs the question" incorrectly. please stop.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ease up, boys. The man clearly said he works for a living

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im hearing a fair bit of grumbling come up re: stacks and it emboldens me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

thathonkey posted:

lol if you can be bothered to remember all the character names from a stupid videogame

*can recite the niggerstomper58 post verbatim*

• Locked thread