Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Nthing Osprey packs, I just bought a Talon 22, (smaller version of the 44 mentioned earlier for day hikes/cycling) and I love it.

If you're looking for a new pack, I would encourage you to look for larger, ~60L. Since you're starting out, you probably have bulky gear and a tent, and the extra space is invaluable.

I still bring my Osprey Volt 60 pack on overnight trips, because I can just leave my quilts uncompressed and they fill up the space no problem. Plus, I can fit in stuff like my bear canister. You can always fill in or cinch down a pack, but it sucks if you have to start strapping a bunch of poo poo to the outside because there's no room inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Cuck_Mulligan posted:

Just get a regular loving backpack. No need to throw down hundreds on some poo poo like a cuck.

Regular backpack does not have a hipbelt to transfer the load down to your hips and off your shoulders/spine.

Do not get a regular backpack, and don't get some Molle/military thing. Basically any hiking backpack with a padded hip belt and chest strap will do fine.

• Locked thread