Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

quote:

It seems to me, and please correct me if I’m wrong, that the only way to become wealthy is to know lots of people and leverage your connections and information in a way that’s really similar to having lots of functions and tools in your box.
How wealthy do you want to be? If you're just aiming for early retirement/financial independence type wealth, being a programmer in a major tech hub can pay very well. Of course, then you have to be frugal and save a lot of money and wait a long time (this is more or less what I'm doing).

Some programmers also get rich from a startup, but only a small % of startups succeed in a meaningful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread