Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I forgot about this until it was too late, that's what I get for working on my car instead of posting. I'll just watch to see how correct y'all's answers are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
You spelled Ayrton wrong, and how did nobody pick Smokey Yunick's livery? It's like JPS, but better.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Locator posted:

The game is to pick what you think everyone else will pick. Gulf livery is low hanging fruit on that question.

I didn't expect it to win, but I at least expected it to be mentioned.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

???? Someone thought he fan car was a cheat when it was declared legal at the time????

There was no regulation on the length of fuel line you could have, either ;)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

meatpimp posted:

Why are there only two engines in the teaser? (aren't an LS and a 1955 both "Chevy Small Blocks"?)

I was thinking the same thing. Unless you're splitting up each version of the AMC six as well, a gen4 SBC and a gen1 SBC should be the same for the purposes of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The earlier SBC and the LSx are so different, they cant be called the same engine. Like for the fact one is cast iron, the other is alloy.

Except the truck versions of the LS motors, which are iron but otherwise the same design. The bellhousing pattern is the same, the crank/main bearings are the same, and maybe some other similarities? Still, I'd be interested in knowing how many people answered "SBC" when they meant "LSx, but that older stuff is cool too." What about the gen5 LTx? Isn't that just an evolution of the LSx? It's also a SBC. Did those SBC answers call out gen1 SBC?

I know it's MrChips' power to be able to arbitrarily group answers, I'm just sure that I would have answered "SBC," meaning all generations of the design including (and especially) the LSx.

• Locked thread