Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

InitialDave posted:

I would like to clarify that when I take "useful" parts from a car, this may be anything from pinching a valve cap for one of the other cars, or as in the most recent case, cutting a three foot hole out the roof panel.

Mine was specifically the owner's manual. I have an OCD thing about having one for each car I've owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Owner's manuals are a nice little window into what kind of market that car was being sold for. I'm a huge fan of old advertising and technical materials so I like thumbing through that kind of stuff.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Everyone answered the second question wrong. I want to hear some reasons why the 80s produced bad cars because the only bad cars made in that period were American.

Also I see nobody else in AI is an F1 fan.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cars were making more than adequate power in the 80s and handling was made leagues better. In 7 years of owning cars with 80s EFI I've never had a real issue beyond idle air valves. The brakes for the first time ever didn't feel like a wet sponge, the cars were light and agile and the steering feel of most cars were very direct. Again none of this really applies to American cars which were mostly just as wet, sloppy and unreliable as ever but the rest of the world made some real good cars in that time period.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also the E30 Corolla coupe is the most beautiful car in existence and redeems the entire 1970s for me on looks alone.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Senna is a bum :colbert:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Seriously guys - that wasn't a cheat. A very clever reading of the rules, allowed to race and banned afterwards.

I can't remember whether it raced under appeal or not but there was alot of politics surrounding that car, the legality of it hinged on the primary purpose of that fan being for cooling which I doubt would've stood up if there was a serious appeal to the result of that race.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 17, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MrChips posted:

MG Rover K-series. - The Locator

I actually thought the K series was quite a novel little engine design let down by the fact that Rover (having designed it) were the ones to actually build it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks again Chips, these are always great.

• Locked thread