Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Finally threw my answers in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

sharkytm posted:

Ditto. I knew "drive it"would be #1, but it's too boring, and I couldn't help poke fun at an old forums member. I'll bet 90% of the people here don't even get it there joke, I'm getting old.

The proper joke would have been "Take pictures of the headlight of the car my mom just bought and act like it's mine".

"Clean all of the mold my brother left in the car" would also have been acceptable.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CannonFodder posted:

Cat Terrist brought his A game.

Also the worst 10 years of cars was 1975 to 1985. Emissions restrictions, the death of true muscle cars, teething problems with EFI, and some flat out junk.

I'll agree with this. In the realm of fixed decades spanning 0-9, I put 1970-79 as worse than 80-89 because things got steadily worse along the way. 1980 cars were still pretty poo poo but by 1989 there were more than a few bright spots.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I knew Senna would be the Sheep answer but I couldn't bring myself to do it. If the question was "greatest F1 driver ever" I'd have to split it between Senna and Schumacher, sure.

But Liquid Communism, Wrar, and SFH1989 know how to read the question. :smuggo:

Senna and Foyt were both arguably the best at their main form of racing (F1 and Indycar respectively) but Senna never really went outside of F1, aside from a test in a Penske Indycar sometime in the early '90s.

Foyt, aside from a dominant Indycar career (the first of three four-time 500 winners, 67 race wins, seven championships), is the only person to have 500 wins in both front-engine and rear-engine cars, and the only person to have wins in the Indy 500, Daytona 500, and 24 Hours of Le Mans. He is also apparently immortal, evidenced by the fact that he is still alive today despite a lifetime of brutal crashes, tractor incidents, and ice cream.

You want to win a F1 race, you pick Senna. You want your best chance of winning a race held anytime, anywhere, in anything? You pick Anthony Joseph Goddamn Foyt, Junior.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

SFH1989 posted:

If you're going to go by driver's who had the majority of their success in the same basic type of racing then the true greatest driver ever is clear: John Force

Tru.dat. Has there ever been someone more dominant in a single series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

I find the usual problem with "worst" car opinions is you have to take into account what the car was meant to be.

For instance, Micras are basic city cars, and they do that job pretty well and reliably. So even if they're not fantastic, they're doing their job.

A truly terrible car must not only be terrible on the face of it, it has to fail to do what it's meant to do, and the lower the bar, the more serious that is.

Yep, which is why the Sebring gets a slight pass over the J-body. The Sebring was vaguely more ambitious, even if it was crap. The Cavalier was trying to be just basic transport and across multiple generations they never got it right.

The PT was exactly what it was supposed to be, and was only a single generation. :colbert:

I have a feeling I whiffed on the consistently good question, though.

• Locked thread