Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

You know what's crazy? The PC port of Mordor was loving fantastic

yeah. Arkham knight is an unreal engine game, too.
Shadows of modor has a later version of fear's engine huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

part of their apology was saying they were going to give everyone free batman themed tf2 items, and then asked people to make them the tf2 items for free

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

part of their apology was saying they were going to give everyone free batman themed tf2 items, and then asked people to make them the tf2 items for free

Oh my god

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Black Baby Goku posted:

You know what's crazy? The PC port of Mordor was loving fantastic

Monolith knows what the hell they're doing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of broken games, SFV still doesn't half of the promised launch features, including their in game microtransaction shop and they haven't announced what May's new character is going to be yet, lol. It will also be free due the shop still not existing so that's 50% of the content in the season pass that is now free.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Speaking of broken games, SFV still doesn't half of the promised launch features, including their in game microtransaction shop and they haven't announced what May's new character is going to be yet, lol. It will also be free due the shop still not existing so that's 50% of the content in the season pass that is now free.

Lol. Capcom are such gently caress ups

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SFV's ongoing struggles have been so bad that Capcom issued a public apology about it and said "we will try better in the future"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lol. Capcom are such gently caress ups

I like to call them Crapcom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also they do weekly "server maintenance" that lasts 8+ hours and they do it during Japanese down time which means every Tuesday you can't play the game online at all, which is the only way you can play the game. SFV is crazy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
We will never have normal games again and it's sad. It's about selling games as a service or platform. It's loving disgusting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hey, at least there's always Ninte- *the camera guy with the headset behind the teleprompter starts making the throat cutting motion and shaking his head* at-at least there's always John Romero's Kickstarter.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

SFV's ongoing struggles have been so bad that Capcom issued a public apology about it and said "we will try better in the future"

They made Rashid of the Turbulent Wind for the game, and that's enough for me

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

Hey, at least there's always Ninte- *the camera guy with the headset behind the teleprompter starts making the throat cutting motion and shaking his head* at-at least there's always John Romero's Kickstarter.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

they're making normal games, for their next console the NX

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

drat

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Assassins Creed Unity, MKX/Arkham Knight and the new Homefront have done this also. I don't want games to be lovely but I think this new trend is funny

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

look who's sticking up for the normies

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Assassins Creed Unity, MKX/Arkham Knight and the new Homefront have done this also. I don't want games to be lovely but I think this new trend is funny

who in the loving world would buy a homefront sequel after how bad the first game was lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

who in the loving world would buy a homefront sequel after how bad the first game was lol

Lumpy lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mfw a company releases a poo poo game that is universally panned, makes a largely unrelated different game and puts the same name on it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DSP made a video about it calling it the worse game ever lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

DSP made a video about it calling it the worse game ever lmao

giantbomb did a quicklook that's an hour+ and i kinda skimmed through it and never saw any shooting

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I give credit to the Homefront guys for pushing through their parent company going bankrupt and everything else at least

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

I give credit to the Homefront guys for pushing through their parent company going bankrupt and everything else at least

yeah god bless them for dumping this turd out of their rear end despite the world trying to push it back in

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Homefront would have been decent if it came out like 4 years earlier

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Homefront would have been decent if it came out like 4 years earlier

From what I've read nothing you collect or upgrade in it matters because you can't make your own save (just the one autosave) and there's a point of no return at the end of the game so you just lose everything no matter what, which seems really bad no matter what year

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

From what I've read nothing you collect or upgrade in it matters because you can't make your own save (just the one autosave) and there's a point of no return at the end of the game so you just lose everything no matter what, which seems really bad no matter what year

I should have mentioned I didn't even get past the first level because it was an hour of really boring story poo poo and then a wave of infinitely respawning enemies like COD4

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh gently caress yeah! Next gen gaming inbound! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 27, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh gently caress yeah! Next gen gaming inbound! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

mods??????

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

/me longs for the good asscreeds, arkham games, and mortal kombat games intead of the bad ones

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

/me longs for the good asscreeds, arkham games, and mortal kombat games intead of the bad ones

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

honestly if there isn't one assassin's creed game out of the 50 assassin's creed games released since 2008 or whatever the first one came out that strikes your fancy, maybe the problem is with you, the brand and intellectual porterty experiencer and the way you experience brands and intellectual properties, rather than a problem with the brand and/or intellectual property itself.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

mysterious loyall X posted:

honestly if there isn't one assassin's creed game out of the 50 assassin's creed games released since 2008 or whatever the first one came out that strikes your fancy, maybe the problem is with you, the brand and intellectual porterty experiencer and the way you experience brands and intellectual properties, rather than a problem with the brand and/or intellectual property itself.

Embrace the Brand. Experience the Product.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This looks like dog poo poo lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
2.5d games are almost universally hideous and gay

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

2.5d games are almost universally hideous and gay

i think nintendo keeps the secret to making them look awesome locked up tight

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why him av a lizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus