Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

What's wrong with his face?

he looks like hes about to go shoot up a school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

I actually had a dream last night that I was MacGyver and I was dropped from a plane into Syria for a secret mission.

Perhaps that is a sign that I should watch the new episodes. Or go to Syria...

caro II: electric boogaloo

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Remember when rebooting something was fun and different, and not a lovely attempt to capture lightning in a bottle?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Why is he still using a swiss army knife? Hipster Richard Dean Anderson needs to upgrade to a Leatherman®.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Veshpo posted:

Every episode will be him taking apart somebody's cell phone and using the battery to blow something up.

Every episode will be him taking someone's cell phone and call some grown ups.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if only macgyver himself was writing for this show

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Veshpo posted:

Every episode will be him taking apart somebody's cell phone Hoverboard and using the battery to blow something up.

FTFY

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

As a kid I had a strict bedtime except for Monday nights when I was allowed to stay up for MacGyver.

I watch the show on Netflix sometimes and it's lovely but in the very comfortable and inoffensive way typical of television from that era. New show will prolly be lovely too??

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Airborne Viking posted:

Remember when rebooting something was fun and different, and not a lovely attempt to capture lightning in a bottle?

Yeah :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Airborne Viking posted:

no because that is and has always been the case.

There were few exceptions like BSG that wasn't just a nostalgia-trap and they did something unique and even better with it than mormon space adventures, and some "reboot" movies like Batman Begins were good, but largely those were minority than majority and most reboot/remakes loving suck

naem
May 29, 2011

Im the shaven headed gen x old guy sidekick so old people can relate to the show still

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Applewhite posted:

Is this what culture is now? Are we just going to freeze all shows and movies into the example that best embodies its genre?

not just that, we're also going to extend shows and movies into the example that most profitably embodies its setting, and every movie will be a cross over of universe and genre.

it's going to make marketing so easy

heist in space: Star Wars: Ocean's Eleven
medieval romance: 50 Shades of the Lord of the Rings
spy film set in WWII: Mission Impossible: Saving Private Ryan
superhero mystery: Sherlock Holmes, Agent of SHIELD
family comedy set in prehistoric times: Jurassic Simpsons
wizards travel back in time: LEGO Harry Potter goes Back to the Future

you just take any script, alter the setting slightly to fit an ongoing universe and slap on the latest metaplot as backstory so everyone is forced to see everything if they ever want to know what's going on. sooo eeeasssssyyyy, and that way there are two brands for audience to recognise

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
can't wait for the walker texas ranger reboot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

no because that is and has always been the case.

There were few exceptions like BSG that wasn't just a nostalgia-trap and they did something unique and even better with it than mormon space adventures, and some "reboot" movies like Batman Begins were good, but largely those were minority than majority and most reboot/remakes loving suck

Tim Burton's Batman, Christopher Reeve's Superman, Matt Damon's Bourne Identity, Charlieze Theron's Aeon Flux, Harrison Ford's The Fugitive, Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible, Benicio del Toro's Traffic...

• Locked thread