Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Republicans posted:

I think the most immersive/impressive experience I've tried so far is The FOO Show. It genuinely felt like I was sitting among three dudes talking about and loving around in the game world they made. It was also super-uncomfortable (in a neat way) when one of them would move up in my personal space. I can't wait for more episodes.

It's super weird in a lot of ways, but that discomfort was one of the things that sold me on AltspaceVR. My boyfriend was asking me how it's materially different from Skype, and I must have sounded like a gibbering idiot being like "but he was up in my face! it was like he was really there!" Seeing the heads move exactly like real humans helps with the illusion too, and the Vive wands and Leap Motions go even further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Context
Sep 11, 2006

AndrewP posted:

This has probably been asked, BUT:

I've had a preorder for a few months now, but I just checked Best Buy on a whim and was able to order a Rift. Sweet! Have they said anything about how cancelling a preorder will affect your "place in line" or whatever for Touch?

e: eh, all signs point to yes, but I didn't preorder mine until like April anyway so I'd probably be waiting a while either way.

Like Helter Skelter said, it's supposed to give you your EVE code and reserve your spot for Touch, but I never received my EVE code until I contacted support last week (I waited over a month). Support was quick and responsive, but it doesn't give me a ton of confidence that I'll see the Touch particularly early.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Is there not a way to start a new game in SuperHot for purposes of demoing to friends? I guess I could poke around and find where the saves are stored.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

I can't stop thinking about The Unspoken. I got it free as a preorder, so consider that, but it's way better than I expected. Only knock I have is that it's only multiplayer duels. There's lots variety between the spells and classes, and strengths and weaknesses for each. And the throwing/teleporting feels great.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

mad.radhu posted:

it's good and polished and makes for a weirdly good social game with people watching you build crazy poo poo and shouting suggestions. I'm not sure how well it would work without roomscale. Make sure your cameras can track to the floor.

The devs also took very direct advantage of VR to make a fun UI - the Menu is less "Press button to bring up buttons rendered on this 2D plane" and more "Put on the panda helmet then grab the tiny model of the level you want and throw it into the mouth of the burning frog"

How much content is in it? I watched quite a few videos of it while I was waiting for Touch to come out, so I'm wondering if I've seen most of what it has to offer.

Also wondering how robust Kingspray is. I'd like to mess around with it, but a big blank wall would probably be too directionless for me. Are there stencils to color in or something?

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Lemming posted:

I played the #1 ranked dude in the Unspoken and beat him \o/

Is there a way to see ranking? I might've totally missed it.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

coolskillrex remix posted:

I got some christmas cash and was considering buying the rift+touch controllers so i could have that and the vive. Im looking at all the reviews of the touch and it looks like theres only 3 exclusive games that get good reviews:
superhot
dead and buried
the unspoken

am i missing any? seems like the rest i can just play on my vive

I don't know about reviews, but VR Sports Challenge is way better than I thought it'd be. I understand if you're not into sports (specifically American sports) games, though. Regardless, I've gotta imagine that it makes more sense to use Revive for those 3 or so games.

Medium is really good too.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

hannibal posted:

The initial setup thing is Oculus Dreamdeck, it should be an entry in Oculus Home.

It's down at the bottom of the Library in the desktop view, under "Tutorials".

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Is there really no way to play Echo Arena with friends yet? That seems like a huge omission.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Can anyone suggest a free or cheap horror game/experience I can use to scare my mom on Thanksgiving? Preferably teleporting or just seated/standing still (definitely no joystick locomotion).

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Brass Tactics seemed super cool, but moving the table around made me motion sick :(

I'm loving Skyrim so far, going to dive deep into mods after work today. Hopefully my minspec PC can keep up.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Lemming posted:

I heard something about steam beta screwing up buttons in Skyrim, could be that

I had this with my Touch controllers. Happened yesterday, fixed by opting out of Steam VR beta.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Parallelwoody posted:

Can somebody post a decent reference for some vr approved Skyrim mods? I haven't picked it up in a long time and don't know what to load up besides the top rated nexus stuff that doesn't involve tits or some weird succubus. A "go here, get this poo poo it shouldn't break in vr" list would be greatly appreciated.

A good list from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/89dqya/recommended_tested_mods/
The cannonical community Google document from that reddit post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5U15qQLop9-HXufGtSNf0bUqIOS7PdVycoR2WtmW4c/edit
An UploadVR article with some of the same mods, a few more: https://uploadvr.com/must-skyrim-vr-pc-mods-make-tamriel-even-better/

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Darker nights/interiors are essential. I wouldn't ever care about them in traditional Skyrim, but waving a torch around or having to use the Candlelight spell is great for **immersion**.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Has there been any indication either way whether previously-purchased Oculus games will transfer to the Quest? That's probably the deciding factor in me getting one.