Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
I'm technically stereo blind (although I can temporarily focus with an effort to get stereo vision) and the Rift/Vive are basically like magic for me. Not only do I have zero problems focusing and getting stereo 3d in the headset, for a while after using them my eyes will continue to naturally focus without effort and I get depth perception again.

I'm a bit of a weird mutant edge case, though, but it's encouraging to hear not only that other people are also finding that 3D has therapeutic effects but that it's significant enough that its uses in treatment are being actively pursued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Does anybody know if they found an easy way to unlock VR functionality for Alien: Isolation? I know it's been done but I don't know if it's necessarily something you can just up and do, that will probably be my first stop when I get a VR setup.

I'm just now realizing that the area I'd use for VR is only like 7x7, probably not ideal.

I think the last time VR worked in Alien: Isolation was with the 0.4/0.5 SDK using the DK2, although people were able to get it running on the 0.6/0.7 SDKs as well through shenanigans. Since 0.8, however, The game was never updated to work with the later SDKs, and probably never will be.

If you're one of those people still running Windows 7 and can find someone ebaying a DK2 for cheap, you could probably install the older SDK and get it running that way, but I don't think there's currently any way to get it running on the modern hardware.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Pryce posted:

Okay we can all agree on that. Handshakes all around :)

In other news... has anyone been able to try Accounting with touch controllers yet? Super excited for more from Justin Roiland and/or CrowsCrowsCrows.

I liked Accounting for what it was, but it's still just a 20 minute experience of being (hilariously) yelled at while taking probably less than twenty actions throughout the course of the entire game.

Between the various tech demo type apps I've tried (including the paid ones), vs short games like House of the Dying Sun or games with good VR integration (Elite: Dangerous) and bad VR integration (War Thunder), I'm finding that I tend to prefer seated experiences that don't involve the touch controls. Really, something that I'd look forward to (although the devs have already stated it's not happening until/unless they switch engines) would be added VR support to Rocket League.

There's been nothing in roomscale that's wowed me; I had a roomscale setup at one point and now I just spend a few minutes clearing the space out first and move furniture if I want to try roomscale out.