Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Hierophant posted:

Carmack is full steam ahead on mobile VR, which is a bit mystifying to be honest because mobile VR is always going to be a second-rate experience.
No one will ever need more than 640k of RAM.

Mobile VR is the future. Just farther in the future than PC VR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

ShadowMoo posted:

That is a lot of sensors and cameras just to track facial expressions. Unlikely to come out anytime soon like that. And having to stay in front of the camera to see the mouth seems like it would be a pain.

Eh, I'm pretty sure just a single video camera could detect facial movement as well. Maybe not to the same fidelity, but good enough for us normals who just want a fancy chat room.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
What is it about VR thread OPs and their obsession with DRM debates that go in circles?

Let's get back to games and other fun VR things... Speaking of which, has anybody made a VR planetarium yet? I want to explore our galaxy from the comfort of my bed.

nelson fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 14, 2016

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

I just spent like an hour and a half in House of the Dying Sun and the real world feels so horribly flat in comparison. Literally; it's astonishing and strange and hard to describe how my depth perception changes and comes to life in that thing.
Virtual Reality: Better than Reality Reality