Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
so that's why you need so much room for a VR setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Wow, this is super useful, thanks for posting it

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tom Guycot posted:

Obviously this list is far from comprehensive and I was going off mostly my memory, so I'd love any suggestions of what to add, or if theres a better way I should present the spreadsheet or something. Just thought We could use an updated list for quick reference, or for a new OP or something.

Under paid sim games, you can put IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of <whatever>, rFactor 2, Evochron Legacy, House of the Dying Sun, Everspace, and that Descent clone whose name I can never remember. Also you've got Gorn, Raw Data, and Space Pirate Trainer listed twice. I don't know where you'd put Minecraft on there, but it's pretty chill in VR

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Vrsen will let you actually play them in 3d

E: I guess that’s not it’s name and now I don’t know what it was called

3dSenVR. I tried the demo and it seemed pretty neat, but idk if it's twenty bux neat

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Vakal posted:

I only have a Oculus Go at the moment but I'm looking at upgrading to something with 6 DOF.

How does that work with stuff like Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR anyway? Can you crouch down and look under tables or lean over and look a chicken in the eye? Or is the camera not that free moving?

I once took a shortcut in a Fallout 4 quest because I could lean in through a window to hit the switch I needed to get to

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Gort posted:

I should look up some stuff on how to actually play Blade and Sorcery outside of the arena. The first time I played it I went to the marketplace map and could not for the life of me find anyone to fight or anything to do besides pick up apples.

There's a book in each level that you can interact with, to set up some dudes to fight. In the marketplace map it's at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to where the well is

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Fuzz posted:

The way Facebook has just completely stopped making replacement parts for the OG Rift basically right as people's units are failing is actually a really bad sign, from a consumer perspective. The CV1 is barely 3 years old and it's already discontinued... This better not be their trend, even Apple supports their poo poo for longer than that, and their product are literally designed specifically to become obsolete and not accept software updates.

Well if I have to upgrade, it'll be to an Index, so great plan there Facebook

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

homeless snail posted:

He's also a weirdo libertarian so you should probably roll your eyes any time he mentions the FCC

I did this and now I have a detached retina

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Taintrunner posted:

Honestly War Thunder sucks compared to IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/etc. - you can turn down the realism settings to make it incredibly accessible and still have a really solid and historically accurate experience, the level of care put into each plane is really something else and it’s incredibly deep with the career mode, the landscapes, and everything else.

It’s really the best VR combat flight sim out right now.

True, but IL-2 costs a bit more than War Thunder

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Taintrunner posted:

Depends, since WT is very micotransaction and grind heavy. With IL2 you get a great deal up front and you know what you’re getting with the DLC.

Oh yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking of microtransactions

Anyway, speaking of expensive-rear end flight sims, does anyone have RealFlight 9? Or 8, I guess. I played one of the earlier versions and it was pretty good; I was wondering how good the VR support is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Uh this thread is fine tho