Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried Soundboxing for the first time and now my wife has a video of me "dancing" to Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Please please tell me this works with Rift, because I literally just reinstalled the game after having not played since launch.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone had a whirl at Battlezone? I saw it finally dropped on Rift/Vive and I'm curious if it's got enough content to be worth the price tag.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally got around to installing Virtual Desktop, and I gotta say, browsing the forums in VR is... a different experience. I guess this is what it feels like to be YOSPOS.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like I had to get "VR legs" at first through stuff like Dirt Rally and Empire of the Dying Sun that were seated but had a lot of looking around and what not, and the only thing that made me actually sick was when I tried "Waifu Sex Simulator" as a joke and going oh god what is this nightmare fuel to see just what I could handle.

Also helps to be barefoot on carpet as a sort of tactile reminder to your brain of where you are in real reality.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemming posted:

Star trek bridge crew is next week :toot:

Who's in?

Ready on the bridge, Number 1!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone had any luck with getting a decent framerate in the Rift (or Vive) with IL-2: Battle for Stalingrad? I tried putting it all on low and still getting only like 40FPS.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheMirage posted:

The secret the good fps in IL2 is to bind a key to disble the HUD. Only toggle it on when you need it. Disabling the HUD should give you about a 30fps boost depending on your hardware .

Oh, poo poo. Well I'll have to give that a try then.

EVERSPACE is out on Steam with VR support, I'll check it out and come back with a trip report: http://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/EVERSPACE/

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 26, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just flew from a station to an ice planet, parked in a canyon, and hosed around in a buggy spinning brodies, seamlessly, all in VR. Elite really is the flagship title for this medium.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phi230 posted:

How many years till VR is worth it

2-3 tops, I love my Rift and find cool weird poo poo on it every day, but it's not a die-hard essential just yet.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fooz posted:

Samsung showed off this screen today, pics taken through the lenses.

Fuuuck me. The next round of headsets is going to be life-changing.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am actually hurting from laughing so hard. That was a complete and total justification of virtual reality and the hundreds of dollars I've dumped into it, holy poo poo. That was loving fantastic - Bridge Crew is a must-buy!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

That does look fun as hell but I'm worried about how it plays with randos (both the lack of camaraderie and the lack of skill/order following/playing the objective).

Pretty well, actually! Everyone has to communicate and improvise to succeed, and it's pretty much impossible to troll.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

While this man is absolutely useless at any station aboard a federation starship - he is spot on with this opinion. :patriot:

Pfft, I was an excellent helmsman!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Grillo posted:

Does ubisoft do PC-PSVR cross play as well? Would be great if so, might mean when I finally get to play vr again in a month, there will still be people on Bridge Crew...

Yeah, we had me on the Rift, two on Vive, and one with Playstation VR all in the same session and it all flowed together perfectly!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syves posted:

does it matter what platform you buy bridge crew on? is it just u-play anyway?

Nope! I really like it on Rift with the Touch controllers, but that's just me. Everyone can play together.

InevitableCheese posted:

That looks cool as hell, I'm going to have to pick that up!

Is it multiplayer groups only? I could see a player base dying out.

You can find pubbies really easily, or try the VR goons Discord.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gorson posted:

Sorry but I had to clarify. In the Uplay shop there are 2 options "VR Rift" and "VR Vive". I have a Rift, but I can buy the "VR Vive" version (which activates on Steam) and play with my rift using Steam VR? I would prefer it to do this way to not fragment my library.

I bought it off Steam and it worked with my rift just fine!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndrewP posted:

Does Star Trek music play in the background while you play?

Yes and if you play on the TOS Enterprise bridge all the audio is period-appropriate.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

Engineering is really the only station that has any kinda depth to it tbh, there's kind of an art to getting everyone the power they need and rerouting power around stuff that's about to catch on fire. Helm and tactical you can master in about 30 seconds.

It's also kinda the most boring, because you're just enabling everyone else to do their job by keeping the lights on. You don't even get a decent angle to watch the viewscreen, and on the TOS bridge, they put babby in a corner!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You have roomscale movement (for platforms that support it, of course) but other than that it's all teleportation.

I have a standing setup with the Oculus Rift & use the right Touch Controller thumbstick to move around.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enos Cabell posted:

Sounds like a bargain at $10 then, thanks!

Be sure to pick up the soundtrack, it's an absolute loving ball. I haven't been in love with a game's atmosphere like this in years.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please don't rebuy fullprice games for fullprice in VR. It's a lovely practice by Bethesda when that support should have been incorporated natively into the PC version.

Just saw this at E3, Echo Arena looks to be free for Rifters: https://www.loneecho.com/

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemming posted:

Yeah can't wait I'm gonna be the best at it

Nuh uh Ender Wiggum

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The E3 thread taught me a lot of people really hate VR and now I'm sad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So that Steam VR Home beta is weird. Jumped into a public room and we all drew dicks jizzing on an anime schoolgirl.

And then we went to Kaikaro Village and all drew dicks jizzing on a chicken.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo Archangel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JsWG-CLt28I&feature=youtu.be

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh, I tried to give Elite Dangerous another chance but I just grew so frustrated with how confusing a lot of the missions can be, like skimmer destruction. Ended up uninstalling as I just couldn't deal with bashing my head against trying to find a "Goliath skimmer" at a moon base that had turrets and regular skimmers or what the gently caress ever. Hoping to find something new to dump some hours into.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Picked up Unspoken, The Climb, Edge of Nowhere, Kingspray, Overkill, and Airmech so I'll try to come back with trip reports on all of those.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm researching whether or not I can get a 3rd Oculus Rift sensor, maybe you guys can help. I have an Alienware 17 R4 laptop which has 2x USB 3.0 type A, 1x USB Type-C(Thunderbolt 3), and 1x USB Type-C (10Gbps). I have converter plugs for USB 3.0 to C and a powered USB 3.0 hub as well as a USB Type-C hub, should this work?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

I play VR games so that I can pretend that I'm outside without actually going outside

I played The Climb today and then I took a nap and I had a dream that took place in the environment I was The Climbing in

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you thread for reassuring me on the third sensor, I can finally appreciate Sairento in all of its cyber-ninja glory.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Love the movement in that Echo Arena beta, too bad I couldn't connect to a match :(

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The absolute boy Anton made a Westworld parody level for H3VR and holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN_J9o-akJc

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made my wife experience VR for the first time with VR Kanojo and I made her touch the girls. You can see their panties

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 1, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally did the Gunnasium in H3VR, hot drat does that mode stretch your arms out. My time was 14:35 on the first try.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Went gently caress it and got the fancy Pro Tube with carbon and two point strap. Can't wait to try it in H3VR.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh god the video is absolute gold

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

While we're on the subject of retro style VR, everyone owes it to themselves to try the Compound alpha on Steam. Wouldn't have expected a lo-res pixel art style to work so well (Minecraft aside) but it does.

Oh, it's so sharp. Takes some getting used to but I had a ton of fun with it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, Oculus does a hardware sale that should help get more people into VR, and people still can't help but console warrior about it. Affordable VR is a good thing.

Yes but when are we getting ObamaRifts *rimshot*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JazzFlight posted:

I hope I made an okay decision...?

-Sairento
-H3VR
-GORN
-Dirt Rally