Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003
My stalker WAS watching me...
Is there a list of Rift game release dates anywhere? I've only got Lucky's Tale and Eve Valkyrie. They're fun and I'm definitely going to spend more time on them, but I'm curious what's on the horizon and having a tough time finding anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003
The more I play Eve Valkyrie, the more I like it. Matches are filling up more frequently, and I'm having a handful of "Holy poo poo..." VR moments per play session. Tailing an enemy ship, swinging my head around to track him while navigating my ship through some debris, then having another guy come screaming over my other shoulder.

I got SteamVR set up with my Rift this morning. Most of that content seems lackluster, but I'll check out some indie stuff on there I'm sure.

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003
"Wow. I can't believe Oculus isn't letting their main competitor control their ecosystem and make buckets of money from software sales." - People shocked at Oculus acting like a business, I guess.

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003

Fredrik1 posted:

Oculus is acting like no PC peripheral maker has ever done; I don't need to buy games based on the brand of my monitor. Also have completely done a 180 of all promises since the kickstarter.

Usually businesses show a little bit more respect for their customers especially when we are talking a purchase worth 600$.

Oculus does not consider themselves a peripheral maker. They're not acting like a company that makes monitors because they aren't, nor do they want to be, a company that makes monitors you stick on your head. They want to be a VR platform company, and their strategy involves deep integration between hardware, software, and content. Maybe it's anti-consumer (for consumers who purchase competing products), and maybe it's a bad business move for them long term, but the "but monitors!" defense is silly.

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003
Not sure if it hit the thread, but Minecraft announced it would have Oculus Touch support in an update coming on the 18th. This information was later removed from the press release. The baseless speculation is that it's a leak of Touch's release date. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/54i28n/minecraft_october_18th_update_announcement_no/

That seems early, but given that Oculus wants to wash the launch clusterfuck out of everyone's mouth I could see them announcing pre-orders at Connect and shipping units en masse 2 weeks later.

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003
Oculus Connect 3 Keynote kicking off right now: https://www.twitch.tv/oculus

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003

w00tazn posted:

Not that anyone cares but my late Day 1 Rift order has equated to no processing email and no shipping notice yet for touch.

:(

https://twitter.com/brendaniribe/status/804738550545559552

That seems like quite a promise that'd be stupid to make otherwise, so I bet you'll get your touch early next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003

Deviant posted:

My (slightly used) Oculus rig arrives today.

Let's see what I can do with a touch, a rift, and four cameras..

Make sure you're splitting cameras across multiple USB controllers, otherwise you'll run out of bandwith and tracking gets worse.