Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Well, I'm upgrading from an i5-2500k and a GTX 770 today to an i5-6600K and...a GTX 770. Thanks, lack of supply of 1080s.

I wonder how my rift will perform until I can get the 1080 in-hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ThaGrandCow posted:

Hold steady, friend.

I'm sorry you believed that there would be a massive amount of 1080's on launch day, it was pretty obvious that it was a paper launch. Give it a couple weeks, you'll be in VR Valhala as shipments ramp up.

Well, I had an FE preordered, but I decided to hold out for a reference card. Whatev.

That Asus Strix has me sold with its 2nd HDMI port.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

r0ck0 posted:

Wheres the rick and morty VR game?

You mean Roy?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Thinking about selling my Rift if anyone is interested. Used a few times, well taken care of, includes everything except the EVE: Valkyrie code, but you don't want it, trust me.

PM me.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Any idea why all my SteamVR games would just...not launch when I hit "Play in VR"? I've completley uninstalled and reinstalled my Rift and SteamVR. Gonna try one of the offending games next.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

Just to check the obvious, you have allowed the "allow external apps" in the Oculus app?

Yes. SteamVR itself works, I can see my environment and the SteamVR HMD menu and stuff. The games just...don't launch.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

If you're using a Rift, are you trying to launch Vive only games? While the Rift can use SteamVR, if a Game is specifically setup to use the Vive's Roomscale design, it might not allow you to play it with the Rift because there is no way to control the game currently with it.

Once Touch arrives, it shouldn't take too much for devs to patch in support for it, or heck even SteamVR could possibly just natively support it rather quick as it has a similar amount of buttons and a analog stick (to cover the touchpad).

No, this is stuff that worked before, like Keep Talking and Elite. I don't know what I changed, but it seems to work now.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I know this isn't SA Mart, but just to have a record somewhere, I have agreed to sell my Rift to user Zero VGS for $550 and he will provide me a shipping label.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ShadowMoo posted:

If this is between goons you really should post that in SA mart. I doubt the games mods will do anything about it if something goes wrong.

Fair.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Michaellaneous posted:

It's only like 200 bucks.

Still, if you're patient you could get a 1070 for that in the next few weeks. I'm still waiting on my 1080 because I am dumb as hell and hate money.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Michaellaneous posted:

Not here. Almost 700 euros.

Anyway, questions about the basestations.
Do they need vision on the controllers as well? I am scared that one edge of my room will be blocked off by my table.

I had a Rift, not a vive, but my understanding is they have IR LEDs as well, so I think yes.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

As a dude who got a free Gear VR a while ago, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on Darknet but two things discourage me: time limits (That Which Has No Place In Gaming, Ever) and a higher difficulty seems to be an issue based on some of the videos I've watched. Bought Lands End last night on a whim and got a bit urpy stomach-wise by the end.

The time limits are like "You have an hour to crack this server." It's very low stress.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Wintermutant posted:

No, I don't believe a paper invoice came with mine, just email.

same

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Flashbackjack posted:

Since getting my Rift i barely open steam anymore, i havent played a game on my monitor in over a month. I have plenty of games on Oculus Home to play, heck i still play lucky's tale because it makes me feel good inside. I get at least a hour of playtime in every night, just got started on Darknet (its so cool!) I see this thing as a console that uses my pc for power and the more i use it the more i love it. Utterly addicted.

Found Palmer's parachute account.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Does anyone know if best buy locations have enough Touch controllers for me to wander in and get one?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Carmack noooo, feel bad about theft not that you got caught...

This sums it up:

If it were anyone else saying they rewrote the code from scratch, I'd call bullshit.
With Carmack though? I'd believe he sneezed onto the keyboard and functioning code happened.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Is the best buy deal with the $100 gift card the best deal on the Rift right now? Thinking of buying back in now that my PC is up to the task.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Update: Got a Rift, Touch, 2 additional sensors, and active cables for $810 shipped on ebay.

as the ad listed:

quote:

- Oculus Rift (With all original accessories; Xbox One Controller, Oculus Remote, Sensor, Wireless Xbox One PC Adapter)
- Oculus Touch w/ 1 Sensor and Guitar Hero Adapter
- Oculus Sensor (x2)
- Cable Matters USB 3.0 16.4ft Active cable w/ power supply (x2) [THIS IS KNOWN AS THE BEST ONE YOU CAN BUY W/ NO DROPS)
- Cable Matters USB 3.0 16.4ft Active cable (No power supply but not needed if the other two are powered)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

My (slightly used) Oculus rig arrives today.

Let's see what I can do with a touch, a rift, and four cameras..

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

How do I rotate the view in Tabletop Simulator using the Touch? I always seem to get the blue cube when I want the purple, and when I do get purple, it doesn't seem to twist in accordance with my hand movements?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Randomosity posted:

Make sure you're splitting cameras across multiple USB controllers, otherwise you'll run out of bandwith and tracking gets worse.

I only have a single controller, and this has not been my experience. seems perfectly smooth with 4 cameras.

I'm still going to order the Inateck card because this thing is chewing up all my loving USB ports.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPIMICA

Is this the best one?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Lemming posted:

Is it good? I haven't messed around with Rec Room yet

Seems fun.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

The Walrus posted:

I'm holding off on playing it until the meetup on Sat, hopefully some others will be lvl one still also, not that I have any idea if that matters

It doesn't.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Bhodi posted:

We really need to find a better way of figuring out who's a goon other than yelling about stairs. Maybe meet in a visible-at-load but unusual area, like on that walkway above the info kiosk so people can just reload the room until they find us.

Just add each other as friends and invite to a private quest room?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Nalin posted:

From what people have said you first have to find each other in Rec Room before you can add as friends.

You can do it on their website.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

holy crap in a hat

go loving play roborecall

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Lemming posted:

Works great for me, I would say 3 sensors is pretty much a requirement at this point.

Same, but I run 4. Works good.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i wish this could be the thread title.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Dumb question, I have a Nanoleaf Aurora, which is basically this thing:

Could it affect my tracking as one of my sensors can see it? I was getting the occasional tracking bug in SkyrimVR. Also does anyone know a good lighting mod compatible with SkyrimVR? I'd like to be able to have the nights be actually dark.

If it's not throwing infrared light, I doubt it. Which I doubt. Also talk about this in the Interior Design Thread if you like, we love to fellate the Nanoleaf.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819901

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Same on paper, but Oculus reviews the refunds with human beings that need to approve manually. The one time I did it (I bought something and then it went on sale a few hours later) it took them like 5 days to process the refund for me and the sale was over. I asked nicely if they could credit me the difference for the sale I missed while I was waiting on the refund, and they told me to eat poo poo.

So yeah in cases where you just didn't like it and want your money back, it'll work fine with a waiting period, but it's not quite as convenient as Steam's turnaround.

Oculus: They Told Me To Eat poo poo

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

What's the USB addon card best approved for use with the Rift Cameras? I have one that was cheap and one of the devices keeps going unrecognized by windows.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B6ZCNGM

Is this one good? It was linked in an Oculus official tech support article.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

EbolaIvory posted:

If you're buying that brand, Buy the one I linked and not try and save 5 bucks. For real. These cards are already semi flaky with lovely quality control. I say that, Because I "know" the one I linked actually works if you get a decent one (for 2 sensors at least). I cannot promise that one doing anything.

Now with that said, I'm sure it'll be similar/fine.

I have the one you linked, it doesn't work for poo poo. Devices crash left right and center on it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

armorer posted:

What components make up a standard Rift setup? A friend of mine is giving me a broken rift headset, and if I can fix it I'd like to know what else goes into the setup.

I have an extra camera I can probably sell you. The rig I bought on ebay had 4 and that's kind of overkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Tetris Effect is surprisingly robust, and has a mode that accurately emulates Tetris The Grandmaster, including being able to turn on Initial Rotation and Initial Hold in the options