Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Deviant posted:

Well, I'm upgrading from an i5-2500k and a GTX 770 today to an i5-6600K and...a GTX 770. Thanks, lack of supply of 1080s.

I wonder how my rift will perform until I can get the 1080 in-hand.

Hold steady, friend.

I'm sorry you believed that there would be a massive amount of 1080's on launch day, it was pretty obvious that it was a paper launch. Give it a couple weeks, you'll be in VR Valhala as shipments ramp up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zero VGS posted:

Not everyone has rechargeable NIMH batteries (most people buy a bunch with good intentions then lose them or the charger) and alkaline aren't exactly a great value either. Li-ion is simply a much better energy to weight/volume ratio and you can make them removable if hot swap is a big concern.

Most people lose rechargeable batteries? What? If your problem is that you can't figure out where to store a couple batteries in between swaps, to the point where you literally lose them, maybe you should be worried about losing your touch controllers too. Or even the entire headset.

I think you mean most people don't think to buy them, which is a stupid argument since they sell them at the grocery store. Yes they're more expensive up front than a pack of normal AA's, but the $15 I put out a few years ago for 4 AA's and a charger has ran my 360 controller on my computer flawlessly. The cost in non-rechargeable AA's would have been many times that already, and the batteries I have still hold close to a full charge. You don't even need to go to a fancy electronics store, you just buy them when you do normal shopping. Or Amazon.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

Collateral Damage posted:

Guys guys Valve and Oculus and HTC has been doing it wrong with these giant headsets all the time. Why don't they just make a headset the size of a pair of sunglasses that automatically track your hands without needing any special controllers? :downs:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/203407287/dlodlo-v1-opening-a-new-world-of-vr

"Pocket VR computer"

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

I'm not sure how to handle knifegrab being allowed back into the thread and also bringing legit awesome info, so I'm just gonna roll with it.

Touch final shipment packaging is loving awesome.

I dropped $450 for a 1070 able to run VR, and have been waiting for Touch to buy VR. As soon as it's announced for shipping, I guess I'm buying the rift and touch.