Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Bought today's meh offer (Sony RF headphones for $60) since I was tired of untangling headphone cables with the vive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

disappointed but not surprised i hope

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

wolrah posted:

I've been telling people to treat VR like "Early Access" for an entire class of hardware. Don't buy it based on future promises, but if you like it in its current state and feel it's worth the money you probably won't regret it. Headsets will only get better and/or cheaper as time goes on, GPUs will only get faster and cheaper, the game selection will only get more developed, etc.

The real question going forward I think with cross-platform development will be what the AAA game devs decide to treat as their lowest common denominator as far as input and game layout.

Two of the three big names have tracked controllers by default, one does not but will eventually offer them as an add-on.
Two of the three have a standard gamepad all players can be assumed to own, one does not.
Two of the three are officially seated/standing experiences with limited movement, though one of those is technically capable of much more if configured appropriately, while one fully supports roomscale.

That's my biggest fear with the Vive, that the big names lazily put out seated gamepad titles because they can sell those to the entire market. I really hope Oculus makes roomscale an officially supported configuration when Touch is released.

let's not forget about whatever comes out of japan's vr industry :dong:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

This seems like a dumb question but how do you move around in Subnautica with vive? My controller sticks aren't responding.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I imagine the rift is better at dealing with mirrors. My vive still goes a bit funky if I turn towards a mirror.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Anyone know how to reset the head position in war thunder?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Covered the mirror in my room and it went a long way towards reducing vive glitches especially with the controllers.

Also tried out minecraft vr and it's p cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Have they said if there's a weight difference on the Vive Pro?

It’s lighter