Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
(repeat x3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
(repeat x3)

sir please leave this is a serious academic conference.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't understand the fancy words those nerds said about us, so what I need to know is did they insult me or not?

I smell a lawsuit and a fart brewing!

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
garbage dick > OG stupid newbie > current stupid newbie

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think communities with high barriers of entry, hazing and penalization of worthless contributions are totally counterintuitive and not the norm in all of nature and human society. Also, I do not understand the difference between a platform like Facebook and a comedy forum community.

Who am I?

a turnip
Jul 22, 2015

by Shine
If i was this whale's tutor i would fail her, then ridicule her to the point of a mental breakdown (probably pretty easy i guess), then riduclue her more for being a sadbrains sack of poo poo who goes to a mental doctor

Coz you loving know she does

If you're reading this, HI OP!

Infinite Katzenjammer
Aug 17, 2004

the sphinx with social anxiety disorder

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

a turnip posted:

If i was this whale's tutor i would fail her, then ridicule her to the point of a mental breakdown (probably pretty easy i guess), then riduclue her more for being a sadbrains sack of poo poo who goes to a mental doctor

Good job humiliating the newbie and exactly proving her point, you dickbag. Whalelady, you and your pathetic, worthless academic work are totally welcome here. Don't listen to him. :)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I read it, it was real boring don't read it

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Ahundredbux posted:

I read it, it was real boring don't read it

thanks ahundredcux you do goonkind a favor unlike the rest of us

a turnip
Jul 22, 2015

by Shine
in other new ive got a stiffy coz the phrase Rich 'Lowtax' Kyanka was mentioned in a academic paper

Other thgouts: this was authored by FOUR STUDENTS

Setting aside that that's one page, each, can you imagine them sitting around a table in grad school the nerdy asian kid pipes up

"ummm hi guys thers this, like, internet forum that i look at, like, its been going for along time and they like to have flame wars and there s a forum called gently caress you and die it used to be really funny, but now therees one called byob its like gently caress you and die but friendly, umm i gues we could write a story about the forum?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Iron Prince posted:

thanks ahundredcux you do goonkind a favor unlike the rest of us

don't let it be known that I was useful 1 time

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
i didnt know what fyad stood for thanks " a turnip":

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

a turnip posted:

in other new ive got a stiffy coz the phrase Rich 'Lowtax' Kyanka was mentioned in a academic paper

Setting aside that that's one page, each, can you imagine them sitting around a table in grad school the nerdy asian kid pipes up

"ummm hi guys thers this, like, internet forum that i look at, like, its been going for along time and they like to have flame wars and there s a forum called gently caress you and die it used to be really funny, but now therees one called byob its like gently caress you and die but friendly, umm i gues we could write a story about the forum?

Most likely it was Facebook or Reddit, who came up with this idea. Sponsored industrial espionage like this is pretty common in academia(or as I like to call it "The 'Cademia"). They have been trying to steal lowtax's secrets for years now and nobody suspects some nerdy researcher lurking around and doing research for "science".

Infinite Katzenjammer posted:

the sphinx with social anxiety disorder

Sorry,I don't get it. Ban.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a turnip posted:

hello.

not the author bee tee dubbs

a turnip
Jul 22, 2015

by Shine
which one are you then matey

edit: oh i said OP when i meant author, whatever, same diff. Are you a sadbrains whale who gets mental treatment? Iff so, pls, neck yourself asap

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Mateys not here man

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress academia i cant wait til half the forums are homeless and the answer to the question changes to "i dont have a house"

homeless from all the reregs

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
do you think that the strawberry guy made love to the chunky blond girl? i hope he treated her well

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a turnip posted:

which one are you then matey

edit: oh i said OP when i meant author, whatever, same diff. Are you a sadbrains whale who gets mental treatment? Iff so, pls, neck yourself asap

okt hanks.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a turnip posted:

In my experience Asians in college work groups don't do anything

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
By Asian I mean recent chinese ones

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

8 track betamax posted:

Hmmmmm.....CNTR+f...restroom reviews.............0 results.

close tab. exit chrome. power down computer. cry into pillow

+1 revieew from my heart x

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

"gently caress Yourself and Die" lmao

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Testikles posted:

Lmao it's literally 3.5 pages of text

It's a conference paper. Someone wrote it so they could get a reduced-cost trip to wherever the conference was being held.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Add this to your profile or SA and its users can steal your information or use it without your permission.

quote:

Today, May 25, 2016 in response to the SomethingAwful.com, LLC guidelines and under articles L.111, 112 and 113 of the code of intellectual property, I declare that my rights are attached to all my personal data, drawings, paintings, photos, texts, and posts published by my profile. For commercial use of the foregoing my written consent is required at all times.

Those reading this text can repost it. This will allow them to place themselves under the protection of copyright.

By this release, I tell SomethingAwful.com, LLC and its member and visitors that it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, broadcast, or to take any other action against me on the basis of this profile and/or its contents. The actions mentioned above apply equally to employees, students, agents and/or other staff under the direction of SomethingAwful.com, LLC. The contents of my profile includes private information. The violation of my privacy is punished by the law (UCC 1 1-308 - 308 1 - 103 and the Rome Statute). SomethingAwful.com, LLC is now an open capital entity.

All members are invited to post a notice of this kind, or if you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you have not published this statement at least once, you will tacitly allow the use of elements such as your posts, photos, as well as the information contained in your profile.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

quote:

distinctive brand of humor with a focus on the quality of member contributions

If this is true why is nobody funny and every post is poo poo?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I consider myself to be quite SAFic

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So you have to pay money to read the article or something?

That's almost as dumb as having to pay money to post on an internet forum

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

King Vidiot posted:

If this is true why is nobody funny and every post is poo poo?

It's not up to date

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

There's a video trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faxTv5V1fo0

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

holy poo poo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

her next paper is going to be the SA response to her first paper

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Huh. So can I put SAF on my resume?

Moltke
May 13, 2009
i have never posted anything funny. this person doesnt know what shes talking about

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

When I'm in a study, I usually get :20bux:, so when I can except my money?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
who participated in this so we know who's the snitch

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Inconsistent application of moderation is not SAF-unique, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Moltke posted:

i have never posted anything funny. this person doesnt know what shes talking about

This check outs

• Locked thread