Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

e-cult of autists posted:

hey can i have a secret foram account with all the elite gossip that totally isnt libel or slander or state secrets that should be prosecuted in a timely fashion but o no i cant do that because im not wacky tacky and i dont have a hard on for victimhood ~signed sandy hook
That's BYOB, or as they call it in the study, Bring Your Own BYOB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

skeletonotherkin posted:

Dare this is your dog speaking

What is it boy? What is it? Did Dare fall down the well again?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Goonfreund I have bad news

i won the lottery but have to split the winnings?

i'm not sure i could take any worse news than that

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Anybody got that nigerbasher or whatever his name is quote where he blames fyad for breaking his mind?

Google "niggerstomper58" or "things your dad has said"

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Windows 98 posted:

Google "niggerstomper58" or "things your dad has said"

My dad is nowhere near as cool as niggerstomper58
idiot

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

What is it boy? What is it? Did Dare fall down the well again?

He fell into K8s vag again, now hes on a registry.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

skeletonotherkin posted:

He fell into K8s vag again, now hes on a registry.

That's a deep rabbit hole

e-cult of autists
May 25, 2016

by zen death robot
hmm no i here because family has co ownership of sa which is something i forgot about and im guessing some childhood friend does too and these ppl told me to post here in the 90s but i figured id give them a hangout spot where i wasnt gonna be around all the time for space reasons and now im dealing with the aftermath at the end of my life or something

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Much like a woman is dealing with the aftermath of being raped?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

jBrereton posted:

That's BYOB, or as they call it in the study, Bring Your Own BYOB.

the extra B is for Bring Your Own BYOBring Your Own B

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

hmm no i here because family has co ownership of sa which is something i forgot about and im guessing some childhood friend does too and these ppl told me to post here in the 90s but i figured id give them a hangout spot where i wasnt gonna be around all the time for space reasons and now im dealing with the aftermath at the end of my life or something

You are the sword of Michael
The pretty hair Dare it must be punished
Now do the masters bidding

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

e-cult of autists
May 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Windows 98 posted:

Much like a woman is dealing with the aftermath of being raped?

which woman is dealing with the aftermath of ur psychosis this time? u tried to throw michelle in jail cuz she wanted a baby. at least im taking the big dick tight chix ur a rapist 4 crimes commit a decade ago bill cosby son of a bitch!!! thing well

i mean my worst case is k8 nero sandy hook

seeing as sandy hook and nero didnt require ect, and haven't been ousted by their own families for being aspd, im assuming im fine there and to live and let live.

ya i have some political issues with the current unnuanced version of no means no being open to heavy abuse/mob mentality/entrapment - see enfield/dj jephs whole juggalo existence etc

im fine dying 4 this stuff in various horrific ways if it gets real social justice and prevents 20 years of gossip from following another person, keeps people out of jail, combats street justice, and real violence that leaves real injury and disability, etc

a cookie cutter he did something to me that i didnt like when i invited him over for dom/sub roleplay kink sex with sexting before and after just doesnt strike my moral back bone like it does a roach womyn like wicky tacky i guess

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

sorry ... that i dont want to write in perfect grammar or style on a forum that mostly focuses on bullying its members and reinforcing their crazy behaviour with more crazy behaviour cuz internet-science

Hm, this is a valid point. Is Dare's posting finally getting somewhat more coher--

which woman is dealing with the aftermath of ur psychosis this time? u tried to throw michelle in jail cuz she wanted a baby. at least im taking the big dick tight chix ur a rapist 4 crimes commit a decade ago bill cosby son of a bitch!!! thing well

i mean my worst case is k8 nero sandy hook

seeing as sandy hook and nero didnt require ect, and haven't been ousted by their own families for being aspd, im assuming im fine there and to live and let live.

ya i have some political issues with the current unnuanced version of no means no being open to heavy abuse/mob mentality/entrapment - see enfield/dj jephs whole juggalo existence etc

im fine dying 4 this stuff in various horrific ways if it gets real social justice and prevents 20 years of gossip from following another person, keeps people out of jail, combats street justice, and real violence that leaves real injury and disability, etc

a cookie cutter he did something to me that i didnt like when i invited him over for dom/sub roleplay kink sex with sexting before and after just doesnt strike my moral back bone like it does a roach womyn like wicky tacky i guess

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"Two researchers conducted the interviews and collectively spent over 60 hours lurking within the site in an attempt to understand the cultural norms within the community."

Thirty hours lurking on the whole of SA forums per researcher. Not even long enough to begin to understand the major hotdog references in GBS. Fail.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Horniest Manticore posted:

one of the authors:

look like our kinda gal

e: oh lord it's even worse

Looking good imo

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
So, like, these people are trying to make SA look like some weird fringe community (which, ok, fair point), but seriously? Where would any of you actually hang out on the internet if SA wasn't around? Just sit around on Facebook? Be one of those weird people commenting on news stories or youtube videos? The authors of this paper try to make themselves look like some kind of internet pros, but I seriously have to wonder what they do with all their online time?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

probably on reddit like everyone?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Issues That Matter.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

its not even contemporary which is pissing me off

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
The idea of a conference proceedings paper with an image of the "GAR-BAGE DICK" av makes me chuckle.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
the only cultural norms i know of in this forum tend to mirror that of the gay bear community of which i am also familiar

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

loving goon SAF traitor wrote this study!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

The authors of this paper try to make themselves look like some kind of internet pros, but I seriously have to wonder what they do with all their online time?

Did you see the reference to https://www.forums.somethingawful.com in that video? Slapping www on every single internet address is something my grandmother would do.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i look forward to the follow up study on something sensitive and the other various off-sites

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

So, like, these people are trying to make SA look like some weird fringe community (which, ok, fair point), but seriously? Where would any of you actually hang out on the internet if SA wasn't around? Just sit around on Facebook? Be one of those weird people commenting on news stories or youtube videos? The authors of this paper try to make themselves look like some kind of internet pros, but I seriously have to wonder what they do with all their online time?

SA is a weird fringe community simply because of time. It is like being part of a newsgroup @ this point. Also SA has so many offsites don't act like you are foram king you son of a whore

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
dave georgeson maintains an account here i mean come the gently caress on LOL

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Zahgaegun posted:

Did you see the reference to https://www.forums.somethingawful.com in that video? Slapping www on every single internet address is something my grandmother would do.

Dubya dubya dubya dawt s o m e t h I n a w y f u l dawt calm

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

mdm posted:

did you know that OP can suck on my drat balls and eat the poo poo directly out of my rear end in a top hat?

Confirmed

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Jastiger posted:

Looking good imo

but guess where she goes to school...!!!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Shaquin posted:

can you imagine a bad post? imagine no longer. falun bong refugee has taken care of that for you and is posting them in a thread nearby.

I'm worried about you, mate. You are extra bitter the last couple of days.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
he ran out of wed

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
cum to room 801B guys

let learsn the hueristcs of of SAF

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

good :q:

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

We're all for Digital Disruption of traditional communities

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
these forums are a space outside of my workplace or home where I make meaningful connections

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
As a member of the Something Awful forums, I feel I'm really pushing forward the meaning of communication and community itself in the digital age, and furthermore,

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I hope to see a course on something awful being offered by major universities soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Prawned posted:

I hope to see a course on something awful being offered by major universities soon

GOON101: Studies in internet losers

• Locked thread