Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Picked rhino over water bear (lmao), I think I'm satisfied with my new fursona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Chili posted:

Eee. Can you or someone maybe throw the details in a spoiler tag? I've gotten really sensitive to animal stuff recently, but this movie is appealing to me.

There's some hunting that goes on, but in one scene a woman kicks a dog to death, and we see the aftermath, which is probably the most horrifying part of the movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Dogs are better than people, which is why the scene where the woman jumps out the second floor window is funny and the bloody, dying dog isn't.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Number Ten Cocks posted:

The role of kids in this was hysterical.

Him kicking the kid in the shin was a beautiful moment.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The hotel raid scenes were my favorite because they had the most of the deliciously cruel Lars von Trier-esque sadism that I wish was more present in the rest of the film. That whole bit with the gun could be sold as a short film and it would be better than 90% of everything in theaters this year.

Kangra posted:

I think it's entirely possible to interpret this scene as that he did not provide any new knowledge. I had the sense from the way they looked at him they were thinking, "Yeah, we've been through that already. Turns out we actually have developed a loving relationship not built on matching a superficial trait, so why don't you get the gently caress off the boat and go back to the woods."

I don't think it was old news, but I do think the wife made a decision in that scene to back him and face it as a private issue, rather than face the humiliation and danger of going back to the hotel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

mysterious frankie posted:

Like a few people in this thread I really enjoyed the first half of the film, but ten or so minutes after the action transitions to the loner camp it became a bit of a slog. It's not unwatchable by any means, but I had to fight the urge to check my email.

"Satire turns dull after characters wind up in a commune" is probably common enough to be its own trope, Fahrenheit 451 and Weekend both hit a roadblock there, too.

• Locked thread