Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Looper posted:

I think they never specify the worst animal so you can imagine your own personal worst

That was my interpretation as well. Same with whatever animal the Girl With No Feelings gets turned into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hemophilia posted:

if you can tolerate man on man violence you should grow a stomach for this stuff, it's a really cool movie not to be missed for delicate sensibilities.

Yeah I mean it's not like they really did that, it's just special effects and puppet doubles and stuff (in fact, I thought it looked kinda fake). You can even close your eyes during that entire scene, you'll know it's coming up well before it happens.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

Eh, it is what is. After some life changes, I've had to switch over to not eating meat and any forms of animal cruelty, even fictional depiction, just stick with me for too long. It's certainly my hangup and I don't fault the filmmaker for doing whatever he thinks is best for his film, but I don't want to lose sleep over it. And yeah, I've heard the whole "you can watch ________ happen to people, but not animals?" thing before. And all I can really do is agree, it's a silly thing I have.

Well there's also a donkey getting shot in the head from a distance as the cold open and brief shot or two of rabbits being skinned, but I think that's it for violent animal scenes. And again, all fake

• Locked thread