Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't seen this yet but I saw they have a quiz on their website that asks questions like "do we all die alone?," the trolley problem, and a free repsonse Rorschach blot.

http://thelobster-movie.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

blue squares posted:

I got a loving ant. What the hell

Did you scroll down? It should give you three choices. Also post the description.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just watched this and I have some questions about the loners. Who's making their rules? Is it the red haired woman? Is she operating independently of the hotel? Why does she try to break people up and punish people who fall in love, does she just want everybody to be alone?

Anyway, the phrase "emotional rollercoaster" is overused, but The Lobster left me dizzy and wanting to throw up by the end. And I mean that as a compliment.

Looper posted:

The movie definitely could have used some trimming but I think it works best with the timing and delivery of an audiovisual experience. It does feel pretty bookish, though

The stilted dialog and shallow conversations reminded be of Don DeLillo, but the initial premise almost sounds like a Roald Dahl book.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

One thing I was wondering is, is the donkey the animal nobody wants to become that you get turned into if you build a relationship on a lie? They're sterile, and there are a couple points in the movie where they make a big deal about the possibility of intimacy and fertility even when you're turned into an animal

It must have been a mule then.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

I loving loved how a flamingo just walks by in one scene.

lol how this dork saves special resentment for claiming the "no, the bisexual option isn't offered" as some incredibly damning slight. People literally will find ways to take umbrage and offense at the tiniest asides.

And right after that they tell him he can't have shoes in half sizes. How does he not get that the society in the movie requires people to fit into strict categories and doesn't care about being accommodating.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

A Facebook ad suggests I visit thelobster-movie.com, where a ten-question test offers to tell me which animal I should choose if I fail to find a partner. I should become a lobster, an ant or a camel, the test determines. How fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

General Dog posted:

It doesn't really make much difference, but did anybody else get the impression that the turning people into animals thing was bullshit?

You mean they just kill the person and act like some animal they found used to be that person?

• Locked thread