Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

blue squares posted:

That, too. Can't believe I didn't mention how funny it is. The entire thing is absolutely absurd.

I loved it. Beautiful film, seemed to keep digging deep into this completely alien world. It's fascinating how I thought the director couldn't dive any deeper than he did with Dogtooth in terms of ridiculous depths, but he straight up went from a single household to turning the whole world into one that is built on black and white. It's probably not going to be for everyone with how darkly dry the humor is or even how long in the tooth it gets, but there's so much I know I'll be thinking about in the next few days or weeks regarding this movie. Kind of reminds me of Anomalisa, which I saw in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Also darkly funny was the fact that folks turned into animals aren't deposited in the actual environments that they'd do well in. They are just chucked into a temperate zone woods.

I loving loved how a flamingo just walks by in one scene.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I saw this last night and like many of you could not stop thinking about it (and still can't).

Here's a fun review by a college sophomore who completely misses the intent behind the movie and every scene they reference: http://cornellsun.com/2016/06/14/the-lobster-youve-been-warned/

lol how this dork saves special resentment for claiming the "no, the bisexual option isn't offered" as some incredibly damning slight. People literally will find ways to take umbrage and offense at the tiniest asides.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Xealot posted:

My best assessment of it is that someone brained Wes Anderson with a hammer and tasked him with directing a really lovely, self-satisfied episode of Black Mirror.

your assessment is real fucken bad

• Locked thread