Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I saw this last night with my boyfriend, and while I got what the movie was going for, it became one of those 'watch glancing' movies, where I was constantly checking the time, hoping it was almost over. I thought the start/beginning concept was good, but right around 'I kicked your brother to death' the shift of the plot/storyline just became overly long and overly dull. The pointless narration, like Colin Farrell says/does something, then the narrator goes 'He said...'. The thing that may have bothered me the most was the constant repetition of that 'DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN' musical stinger. It didn't even come up at overly dramatic parts.

I thought it was plodding and boring, and felt like it just meandered from vague half-explored plot to vague half-explored plot. Like what's the animal 'nobody wants to become'? What's the 'red intercourse'?. I also felt like some scenes went on far too long like the woman that jumped out the window, and was moaning wailing got on my nerves really fast, but just kept going.

My boyfriend liked it, but even he said he felt it went on for maybe 45 minutes too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

It's pretty obvious what the latter is.

Yeah, kinda true, but at the same time, it seemed like such a throwaway line in retrospect considering I expected it was going to happen to them, considering they were breaking the rules, rather than just blinding the woman. Maybe the mention of it was just to see the one punishment and let your mind run amok filling in for itself what the other could entail.

• Locked thread