Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

OL and injuries seem like way bigger issues than the defense but sure whatever fire everyone they lost a game why can't we be Alabama?

That's a part of it. We shouldn't need our star players to get other players lined up against the right guys players to their correct assignments at least twice every drive. The DEs are fine and the DTs are okay, we've had to put in walk on LBs three times already because LBs 'aren't ready' in spite of being completely healthy and getting good reviews throughout the camp. The play where Derwin got hurt is because our LB just decided to cover the running back out of the backfield when he should've been on the slot or TE or whoever. "Being like Bama" is one thing but even getting lined up correctly in the first place sounds like the coaches can't teach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

pillsburysoldier posted:

That's a part of it. We shouldn't need our star players to get other players lined up against the right guys players to their correct assignments at least twice every drive. The DEs are fine and the DTs are okay, we've had to put in walk on LBs three times already because LBs 'aren't ready' in spite of being completely healthy and getting good reviews throughout the camp. The play where Derwin got hurt is because our LB just decided to cover the running back out of the backfield when he should've been on the slot or TE or whoever. "Being like Bama" is one thing but even getting lined up correctly in the first place sounds like the coaches can't teach.

Isn't part of the issue that the LBs have had guys like Matthew Thomas or Kilby-Lane who spent like two years on the roster getting dog-housed for grades or things like that? That lack of consistency/recruits playing when needed has a nasty tendency of throwing guys off, as I remember from the late Tressel years.

MourningView posted:

OL and injuries seem like way bigger issues than the defense but sure whatever fire everyone they lost a game why can't we be Alabama?

I would say the playcalling is making this even worse for them. Cook may be hurt, but you still have Patrick as well, and you should be running those guys as much as possible to keep that OL the gently caress away from pass protection right now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pillsburysoldier posted:

FWIW our boosters are starting to push Jimbo to fire our DC.

Need to fire our WR coach and OL coach and LB coach too. Probably out RB coach too.

What I'm getting from this is that Jimbo is coming back to Baton Rouge.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NippleFloss posted:

Not before Tom Herman has a shot there.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
If Florida State wants to get a new coach, there is an up and coming coordinator who I think could do good things there. He even has experience coaching in Florida.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

TheGreyGhost posted:

Isn't part of the issue that the LBs have had guys like Matthew Thomas or Kilby-Lane who spent like two years on the roster getting dog-housed for grades or things like that? That lack of consistency/recruits playing when needed has a nasty tendency of throwing guys off, as I remember from the late Tressel years.

Kilby is grades, Matt Thomas was "ankle tweak" but something else as well as being unhappy and refusing to try for two years so being in the doghouse. Kilby lane was fine and being worked in pretty nicely last year if i remember correctly.

But yeah, doesn't help. The walkon was targeted like inmediately when we trotted him out. Having like 3 viable LBs game ready is a pretty bad thing.

NippleFloss posted:

Nah Tom Herman probably. LSU fans will want flash out of their offense. Alabama pretty takes either Dabo or Jimbo once Saban retires

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bama going from Saban to Dabo would be so fuckin' weird

E: from a personality point, I mean

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Comedy option: Cam Cameron once Saban retires

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KKKLIP ART posted:

Not before Tom Herman has a shot there.

I would greatly prefer Herman, but there is a cadre of boosters that apparently very much want Jimbo because he has history here and he is proven.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

NippleFloss posted:

I would greatly prefer Herman, but there is a cadre of boosters that apparently very much want Jimbo because he has history here and he is proven.

I don't think LSU's had that many rape cases to deal with lately :v:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

I don't think LSU's had that many rape cases to deal with lately :v:

Well, actually...

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NippleFloss posted:

I mean, Les is proven too by the standard of winning a natty :v:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If I were Jimbo I would definitely be desperate to leave a great job that has had two coaches in the last like 50 years for one that is in a more difficult conference, isn't a significant upgrade in anyway, and where the standard for keeping your job is winning multiple national titles.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

If I were Jimbo I would definitely be desperate to leave a great job that has had two coaches in the last like 50 years for one that is in a more difficult conference, isn't a significant upgrade in anyway, and where the standard for keeping your job is winning multiple national titles.

I don't actually think he would leave FSU, but there was a lot of smoke around it last year. But then I also laughed when Michigan fans said they were going to steal Jim Harbaugh from the NFL, and here we are. Sometimes people make weird choices for non-obvious reasons.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

NippleFloss posted:

I don't actually think he would leave FSU, but there was a lot of smoke around it last year. But then I also laughed when Michigan fans said they were going to steal Jim Harbaugh from the NFL, and here we are. Sometimes people make weird choices for non-obvious reasons.

Michigan didn't so much steal Harbaugh as Harbaugh got sick of SF's front office and knew he had that job waiting for him if he wanted it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Why do people think that Saban is leaving anytime soon? Just because he's been so successful there's not much else for him to do?

He's not that old and could easily coach for another decade.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah he could, but he is 64 and if he gets tired of recruiting he has no reason to stick around.

Of course I think he's a weird special kind of vampire who lives on the blood of 5* recruits so I doubt this happens anytime soon.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why do people think that Saban is leaving anytime soon? Just because he's been so successful there's not much else for him to do?

He's not that old and could easily coach for another decade.

Much like God, he may grow bored of his creation and abandon it for something more interesting

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

General Dog posted:

Much like God, he may grow bored of his creation and abandon it for something more interesting

This is why I'll never be really successful because if I were Saban I'd have quit five years ago and be sitting on my gigantic boat instead of kissing 17 year old's asses and posing for pictures with Jethro with the national championship trophy down at the Walmart.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
First in-season casualty, Ron Turner let go at FIU.

In addition, Notre Dame scapegoats DC Brian Van Gorder. I'd move Kelly down to Heating Up, because while Kelly should be fine I could see him getting the axe if the wheels completely fall off the bus, because This Is Notre Dame and such a boneheaded decision would be par for the course.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah scoring hasn't been ND's problem but that D is junk.

Firing BK would be dumb as hell but I could also see Kelly just getting worn out on dealing with that school and its goofball fan base. There's a reason nobody has stayed there that long.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

brian kelly went for two for no apparent reason against northwestern and they missed and it turned out to be the game and that is still funny to me, also that jack mitchell hit two kicks to win the game and is now so yipped out that he can't make extra points

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I guess Clay Helton's seat heated up pretty drat quickly

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FIU apparently fired their head coach. That'll fix their program

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Les Miles hasn't been fired yet?

They're 110th offensively overall. That's just silly

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

now he is

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/780143021014736896

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/780144082777616384

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 25, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/780143682557128704

COACH GODDAMN O :swoon:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Les Miles hasn't been fired yet?

They're 110th offensively overall. That's just silly

Funny you should mention that...

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'm legit kind of scared of Interim Coach Orgeron at LSU

he had USC playing like maniacs

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wait, does that mean Les is out and dacoacho is interim head coach or just that Cameron is out and dacoacho is interim OC?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Coach Owns-geron

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Holy poo poo it happened. Les Miles fired. Cam Cameron fired.

Laine Kiffin to LSU. Tom Herman to LSU. Coach O staying at LSU. Bring it on :getin:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Korranus posted:

FIU apparently fired their head coach. That'll fix their program

Do they still have the same AD who fired Mario Cristobal? Because lol at anyone wanting to work for that guy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spintzel posted:

Holy poo poo it happened. Les Miles fired. Cam Cameron fired.

Laine Kiffin to LSU. Tom Herman to LSU. Coach O staying at LSU. Bring it on :getin:

That would be a disaster.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Was not expecting this right before the Monday debate.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

CharlestheHammer posted:

That would be a disaster.

Which one though

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What this tells me is that if you are the head coach at a team who hires Oregron, just go ahead and quit because eventually he will just be the interim head coach

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/jfey5/status/780145781852426241

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Wonder if any of the LSU player twitter accounts validate this report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo

posting this forever

COACH O :swoon:

• Locked thread