Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mgr is really good, while bayo 2 is perfect. thats all im gonna say on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like bayo2 more than mgr but my staredog still stands

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I have any problems with MGR either though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going into blade mode and cutting your foes into a million tiny pieces is so insanely satisfying every time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the controls really suck but I haven't tried KBM yet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my main issues were the camera acting up sometimes, the retarded way you block stuff instead of there just being a block button, and the environments looking extremely bland. there were also a lot of enemies that were just really annoying to fight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
speaking of games of that type, i played DmC Devil May Cry for like an hour last night and it was pretty fun.. I only heard ppl hating on that game in the past but I kind of liked it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Lmao... Who did this.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

my main issues were the camera acting up sometimes, the retarded way you block stuff instead of there just being a block button, and the environments looking extremely bland. there were also a lot of enemies that were just really annoying to fight

There is a block button, it's forward

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

my staredog expands infinitely, aside from the camera thing where it respectfully nods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a lot of metallic sheen for sure in the art design but all of the locations and boss fights and encounters are very memorable. You also don't spend too long in any one spot for it to get drab or anything, to me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

rediscover posted:

Lmao... Who did this.

nvm it was scary ghost dog.. i posted in the new avatar thread in fyad without thinking -.-

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

nvm it was scary ghost dog.. i posted in the new avatar thread in fyad without thinking -.-

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

still dont know where my new av came from. av mystery

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bobnumerotres posted:

The point is that you don't block, you parry. It takes a while to get used to but mastering it feels very cool!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

The point is that you don't block, you parry. It takes a while to get used to but mastering it feels very cool!

i mean i got used to it after a while but there were def times where the game would have me attack instead of block even when my timing was good and that was frustrating, and even if the blocking was perfect that doesnt solve the other issues. ive said enough about this tho, mgr isnt a bad game by any means

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

according to wikipedia mikami is done directing games :/

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope it's like with Kojima where he'll say that several times despite it not being true.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Resident evil 4-god hand-vanquish is a hell of a run

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This is one of my favorite games. Lighting a cigarette, taking a drag, and flicking it so the robots target that heat signature was a nice touch. I'd love a sequel, or at least some sort of spiritual successor with fast third person shooter action.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Skidding around on your knees shooting rockets ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think we can all agree the world needs more shooters that play like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brSsTm_yz0U

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was poo poo at MGR and I don't have the patience to become good at it, same with Dark Souls which is a shame.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You can set Platinum games to easy mode tho which is nice.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

becoming proficient at Dark Souls was very satisfying

however I don't know if I have it in me to do it again. I sucked at Ni-oh and I'd probably be bad at MGR or Vanquish above Easy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i got extremely tired of zandatsu in mgr. it's still a really good game though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

i got extremely tired of zandatsu

:dogstare:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

zandatsu mad e parts of the game too easy but hey whatever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really liked the rage mode that let you oneshot everything

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Vanquish & Binary Domain make all western 3rd person shooters look and play like dog poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the location robo shredding in binary domain is so cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Vanquish & Binary Domain make all western 3rd person shooters look and play like dog poo poo.

binary domain is a nightmare to set up and play on pc though lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I've never played Binary Domain. I actually don't know that I even know what it looks like.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

binary domain is a nightmare to set up and play on pc though lol

it plays fine with kb+m and the default controls though? unless you mean the voice controls which don't work that well but you don't need to rely on them if you're good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The voice controls didn't really work on console either

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

NickRoweFillea posted:

I've never played Binary Domain. I actually don't know that I even know what it looks like.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Big Bo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Big Bo is one of the preset names in FFXIII-2 for chocobos

• Locked thread