Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Poland Spring posted:

Take the [ten foot prole], always good to have a peasant companion to carry your stuff

Edit:. NEVER go North....but we might want to see the earliest possible demise that way. My vote is with weeping openly, I seem to remember that giving you something nice.

Edit edit: poo poo the prole isn't even available yet. I vote xylophone sticks then

:agreed:

definitely keep an eye out for a 10ft pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Random Axis posted:

It says in the intro that skeletons like wine! We should grab some in case we get the chance to schmooze.

Is there anything we can grab to waterproof the barrel, like pitch? I'm thinking it would be good to have a makeshift boat for fording rivers a la Oregon Trail.

I think there's a spell or something called "bone dry," but I'm not sure how early we can get it. Ten-Foot Prole is definitely something we're gonna wanna take because it unlocks a few fun things just like in all the other books. Besides the Prole I don't have an opinion on items to start, but I think we should head to Bilgeton since we run into one of the most useless and hilarious characters there. Asgwrn the Bone Buyer

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
>bring calcium pills

You can never have too much calcium!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Got 4 for the rat, 4 for the sticks and less for everything else. I rolled a dice to pick between rat and sticks and we get the rat. It hardly matters, they're both good. We also get the shears.

Most votes are for heading towards Bilgeton, which as far as decisions go could be a lot worse.

I'll post the next update tonight based on this info.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Is there a skill system? Do you have Herbalism (Knowledge of 80's fast food ad campaigns), a shear proficiency?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

djwetmouse posted:

Is there a skill system? Do you have Herbalism (Knowledge of 80's fast food ad campaigns), a shear proficiency?

nah you just know roughly as much about gardening as the author thought a medieval skeleton would know about gardening

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im ready boner what do you need me to do

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Oooh poo poo I played this one. Don't forget to go back inside and drink your milk! The calcium buff lasts a long time and saves your rear end many times. It's worth missing the initial action for a turn.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Equip rat in skull

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The milk is a "better" choice, but it's funnier if you drink the wine store you go

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If we keep the barrel instead of equipping a rib cage doesn't it slowly fill up with wine the more we drink till we can eventually sell it as a cask? I never owned this game and only played it through once with a buddy of mine and seem to remember him saying something about it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Solice Kirsk posted:

If we keep the barrel instead of equipping a rib cage doesn't it slowly fill up with wine the more we drink till we can eventually sell it as a cask? I never owned this game and only played it through once with a buddy of mine and seem to remember him saying something about it.

I think if we fill it up and pull the spigot to 'piss' wine the right village we get worshipped as a god, but I might be thinking of a different book.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Outrail posted:

I think if we fill it up and pull the spigot to 'piss' wine the right village we get worshipped as a god, but I might be thinking of a different book.

This is the right book but that's if you go to the north for a long way first. we're going the other way.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Someone said "never go North" and i think its the opposite, as in "never go South, always go North"

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
No I thought it was "You never do anything right" but I'm pretty sure that was the Bastard Elf's stepdad.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Luvcow posted:

:agreed:

definitely keep an eye out for a 10ft pole

prole

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fun fact: This is actually a left over localization error from the source line of Asian adventure novels, Two Foot Journey

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Sorry for the delay, the "authorities" are hassling me for information about my "tax arrangements" and won't just take my word for it, so I've had to spend all night looking for "evidence that I have paid any tax at all on income for the past seven years". Anyway it's lucky I did that because I found the scrap of paper I was looking nestled among the mountain of pizza boxes that occupies the southern half of my man cave.

Here's the last entry, complete at last:

We chose to go to Bilgeton (44), but first here are the items we picked:

and

The garden shears were a good choice. They're a weapon so it means we don't get an ESPRIT penalty in combat. It's not a good weapon so it doesn't give us a bonus. That bit about transplants will come in handy later, I think.

The rat is a loyal pet and a good snack. It has mostly situational value and smells atrocious. Luckily skeletons don't have the kinds of olfactory senses that get upset by things like rotting rats.

On to Bilgeton, where we find some trouble on the road (44):

Again, sorry, this book is really flaky. I'll go looking for the entry, you guys help me out again if you remember what happens here. It'll save time.

Here's the adventure sheet:

Just so you know I will keep the second entry updated like I usually do, if you miss anything and want to catch up just check there.

There Bias Two posted:

Fun fact: This is actually a left over localization error from the source line of Asian adventure novels, Two Foot Journey

I don't know how it got missed but it's definitely a "ten-foot prole" in this one. It could be a joke based on us playing a skeleton worker, or it could be a localisation error, or it could be a rare example of Mr Skull bending in the face of hostility from a pressure group. In this case the local Polish community of Skullthucke-upon-Woad set fire to his house a bunch of times over the insulting and stereotyped "Ten-Foot Polack" character in Sword of the Bastard Elf.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 28, 2016

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

If I remember right this encounter is with a couple of toughs roughing up a fellow union man skelly over a past picket. We should rush to his aid, the local union offices are a good first stop for information gathering and it helps if you've demonstrated you're a union man skelly through and through.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If this is the bend I'm thinking of (never went straight to the Capitol before), then one of those dudes is a necromancer and we can try to blend into his summoned thralls for a laugh. I might be wrong about the section we're in, though.

Creep toward the men

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
poo poo this is that loving encounter with the reverse centaurs isn't it. gently caress those guys

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poland Spring posted:

poo poo this is that loving encounter with the reverse centaurs isn't it. gently caress those guys

You can actually push them over really easy if you have the the "Several Hands of Hugeness." I don't think you can encounter them this soon since there's no way to have that many limbs so early in the game. My vote is to sneak up on the men. Nothing says stealth like the reanimated rattling bones of the deceased contained with in a big hollow barrel to amplify the sound!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Hide in the barrel and pop out at them, cackling loudly.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Poland Spring posted:

I really hope this is the reverse centaur encounter. They're a recurring race if you play your cards page choices right. Make fun of their tiny man/horsehood and they'll back down. Probably.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
> Shuffle Past and Avoid Eye Contact. Smile and wave if you have to.

Most people tend to ignore a skeleton worker that's clearly on the job.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
>turn and quickly tend to bushes with shears to blend in

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I feel like an idiot for not realizing that Skull and SIB are the same guy just with an account name change.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gridlocked posted:

I feel like an idiot for not realizing that Skull and SIB are the same guy just with an account name change.

I'm just a humble collector of Mr. Skull's work!

You guys have a better memory than me, it's one of a few possible 'taur encounters in the book. Compared to most of Skull's books it's very easy to get your poo poo pushed in but luckily we're the kind of skeleton that doesn't worry about that sort of thing.

So far we have 2 for going straight in (counting insulting their manhood as part of this stategy)
1 for creeping up on them
2 for shuffling past/attempting to blend in/mind your own business
1 for hiding in a barrel (we can do this because we are partially a barrel)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

So in you playthrough, if one of these choices is hypothetically an insta-death, how far can we rewind? Or will you just do the second most popular choice?

(Also I'm pretty sure there are at least two votes for creeping up on fools)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

poisonpill posted:

So in you playthrough, if one of these choices is hypothetically an insta-death, how far can we rewind? Or will you just do the second most popular choice?

(Also I'm pretty sure there are at least two votes for creeping up on fools)

I'm pretty bad with the counting and i've gotten by so far because no one is checking, thanks for ruining that for me. Ok so vote stands at 2 creeping up, 2 going straight in, 2 shuffling past or trying not to get involved and 1 for hiding in the barrel until everything goes away.

If the insta-death is fun I show it because it hardly gets in the way of things, I will steer us clear of anything that might kill us in ten choices time because that's not all that entertaining.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
>Confront the man and offer your friendly-skeleton help

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I vote for hiding in a barrel, it is a traditional activity of our kind.

And goddamn we gotta find that ten-foot adventurer prole, we always need ten-foot pole/proles for proper adventuring

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Count me in for creeping up as quietly as possible to investigate

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ChrisHansen posted:

I don't understand this approach. It's like you're trying to get to a good ending or something.

Vv: Can someone translate this please?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 28, 2016

pedo-katty
May 28, 2016

by Shine

Outrail posted:

I don't understand this approach. It's like you're trying to get to a good ending or something.

why would we not want to rig a good ending against privileged popular clique elitists with a hard on for prison sentences and authoritarianism

do u not realize this girls dad is HA and has been in for way longer than any human should ever have to endure that bullshit

ur dad being gay/mom being dom and ur resulting insecurity based psychosis is not an excuse to imprison ppl in 2016

pedo-katty
May 28, 2016

by Shine
also this hread straight up made me lol irl to the point where i realized i am of the mindset that being forced into proper spelling and grammar (even inbad writing) is worse in a lot of ways than a weekender in jail

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Vv: Can someone translate this please?

It's Dare.

Anyway,

>Use the garden shears to trim the hedges into rude shapes.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

pedo-katty posted:

why would we not want to rig a good ending against privileged popular clique elitists with a hard on for prison sentences and authoritarianism

do u not realize this girls dad is HA and has been in for way longer than any human should ever have to endure that bullshit

ur dad being gay/mom being dom and ur resulting insecurity based psychosis is not an excuse to imprison ppl in 2016

mom dom, so what

but yes you shouldn't go to jail for those things. other than that this book isn't about the other things except maybe in a subconscious sense

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ChrisHansen posted:

seems like a solid plan hope our old bones dont clatter and give us away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedo-katty
May 28, 2016

by Shine

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

mom dom, so what

but yes you shouldn't go to jail for those things. other than that this book isn't about the other things except maybe in a subconscious sense

mom is dom can make dad gay and this is an issue for pooner and wacky tacky so what? time to orchestrate fake forum rape drama in 2016 so that one GOAT girl from dare's past will get triggered to press charges lel

overwatch isnt that good a game. the money comes from ben goldhaber and executives and staying liquid on the scam market

chump probably is trump in this sense yet again floating like a billionaire and perhaps not having the actual liquid cash (or if he is some kind of crime royalty on the down % not having the honesty/brains to socialize in a truly liberal fair way) to do real billionaire things and is instead out for the fame/presidency

• Locked thread