Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Attack! And be sure to say something witty like "here today, BONE tomorrow!" when you wallop him. Also take his weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Resurrect one of the recently slain guards to gain an advantage!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Attack! And be sure to say something witty like "here today, BONE tomorrow!" when you wallop him. Also take his weapon.

Weapons, armor, replacement bones, vocal cords for talking with... This guy is a treasure trove waiting to happen!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
some days you are the bonee, and some days you are the boner

get'im!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Resurrect a guard and run away

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Raised from the grave almost a millennium before the advent of the text-to-speech device. A drat shame.

RandomPauI posted:

Resurrect a guard and run away

Second.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Derek Dominoe posted:

This is the smart option.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Derek Dominoe posted:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
UHMM ARE WE A NECROMANCER? I DONT THINK SO.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Microwaves Mom posted:

UHMM ARE WE A NECROMANCER? I DONT THINK SO.

Where do you think rat-friend came from.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
> Put [?Divine? Spark] into Rat Friend and fling at nearest body. DEFEND your immaculate smile!

failing that,

> Put [?Divine? Spark] into Left Usual Arm and fling at nearest body. FLEE lich the bony dickens!

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 30, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

There's an angry dude with a sword between you and the corpses! I know you've all played this before but this is the bit where all your powers are revealed and explained. I've run the combat so just hunting around for the pages, should have something for y'all soonish.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Well as people seem to generally be in favour of hacking the guard down to size with the garden shears I did just that. Unfortunately in these early days of commanding your powers it takes quite a lot of messing around with corpses to get them to do anything. It's not the sort of thing you can do while someone is trying to hack you to pieces, anyway.

I ran the combat. He had 7 ESPRIT, 1 FIST and 3 HEALTH vs our 5 ESPRIT, 2 FISTS and virtually unlimited health (he isn't really able to hurt us with his sword - we're a Jason and the Argonauts style skeleton, not some cheap knock off). It takes 30 of our 70 essence to chisel him down though. Currently we're on 40.

With the man dead we can move on to 234:

Several decisions await us here. Firstly - what should we do with all these corpses? There are two of those horsemen and two humans - the third horseman, the goblins, elves and bears all got away. Our choices are usually to resurrect or harvest.

When you kill something and you can get at the corpse the book will usually tell you what you can resurrect. You can spend as much ESSENCE as they have ESPRIT to bring them back from the dead, and they'll join your army! You draw their card and add it to your legions of the undead. The sentries and the horses look like this:

But, instead of raising them, if they have something you like, you can harvest them instead. You still pay the cost of resurrecting them, but you flip the card over instead:

It's then up to you if you want to replace an existing part or just tack them on. If you replace an existing limb the bonus you gain from that part is gone and it goes in the trash. If you just add stuff you keep all your bonuses but lose your SWU membership, and that can't be regained. Parts can't be saved for later and also this is a one-time deal - if you resurrect something it can't be harvested later, and vice-versa.

Sometimes if you choose to harvest or just rob the corpses you get some extra items, in this case it's a longsword and a tabard. You don't get these items if you resurrect things because they usually need them - for instance if we'd let the elves rob these guys we would probably only have been able to raise regular skellies, who aren't all that useful in an army of the undead.

So what do y'all propose we do with all this stuff and having decided that what should we do next?

E: Here's the latest adventure scroll:

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Loot both hippandros, but then loot only one of the guards. Also, replace our original body parts. Resurrect the last guard as a skeleton.

The bonus from having a pair of hippandro legs is pretty good, and having actual armor is nice as well.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Raise both hippandros and one guard. Harvest the other for his sword arm.

Cackle madly.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

should also point out that we get a small ESSENCE saving for using them shears, but if we take the sword we'll have to get rid of (or eat) something we're already carrying.

Clothes don't count towards the item limit if you're wearing them.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Does that one fist on the 2-fist logo really have a ring on it, or did you shop it to resemble something... well known?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Keep the shears, murdering guards is a good hobby but gardening is our calling.

Wear the tabard.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Does that one fist on the 2-fist logo really have a ring on it, or did you shop it to resemble something... well known?

yes

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Obscil posted:

Loot both hippandros, but then loot only one of the guards. Also, replace our original body parts. Resurrect the last guard as a skeleton.

The bonus from having a pair of hippandro legs is pretty good, and having actual armor is nice as well.

This looks like the way to go.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Obscil posted:

This way looks pretty smart to me too. We get new legs, a new sword arm, and some basic armor and a weapon. And at least one skeleton buddy.

Though I'm not sure how a guard tabard is supposed to fit over our barrel torso

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Obscil posted:

This, plus eat the rat both to boost our Essence a bit and to open up another item slot.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Should go with 1 hipp leg and move on. Save our essence for later and make ourselves as lopsided and terrible as possible.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Obscil posted:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Obscil posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Fighting with 4 Fist would be pretty sweet. And we'd look like a horsey centepide. But we should figure out if our union benefits actually kick in first.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Obscil posted:

This has my vote. Do we lose union membership if we weld four extra arms onto a minion? I'm envisioning a General Grievous.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice
can we become a skelespider

i just want to be a skelespider

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Weld every limb possible to your body. On the way to Bilgeton, absorb the appendages of every man woman and creature you come across into your eldritch katamari of unimaginable horror.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mojo Threepwood posted:

This has my vote. Do we lose union membership if we weld four extra arms onto a minion? I'm envisioning a General Grievous.

if we go full lich we can make a special monster later on but the average goon we reanimate can't be messed with (they have feelings too)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

gannyGrabber posted:

Should go with 1 hipp leg and move on. Save our essence for later and make ourselves as lopsided and terrible as possible.

We only get the bonus of an extra hand with two legs.

What exactly does Union membership do for us again?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Who What Now posted:

We only get the bonus of an extra hand with two legs.

What exactly does Union membership do for us again?

it's necessary for one of the endings and also helpful wherever there are bunches of skellies around (for instance in Bilgeton).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it's necessary for one of the endings and also helpful wherever there are bunches of skellies around (for instance in Bilgeton).

Oh, right, thanks for the reminder! And just to be clear, it's only the number of limbs that matter, not their shape, correct?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Who What Now posted:

Oh, right, thanks for the reminder! And just to be clear, it's only the number of limbs that matter, not their shape, correct?

yeop, no more than 2 arms, 2 legs, one head, one torso. They don't care what those things belong to.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Resurrect them all. Full on Army of the Dead.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Do the reanimated guys have health? If not, how do they die? Can they run out of essence like us and crumble? Do they need to use at least 1 essence when fighting or can they go 0 effort? If we take the additional arms without replacing, can we wield more weapons or hold more objects?

I kinda like the idea of taking all the body parts. gently caress the union.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ruggan posted:

Do the reanimated guys have health? If not, how do they die? Can they run out of essence like us and crumble? Do they need to use at least 1 essence when fighting or can they go 0 effort? If we take the additional arms without replacing, can we wield more weapons or hold more objects?

I kinda like the idea of taking all the body parts. gently caress the union.

the reanimated guys are just sort of around until they're needed but for fight purposes they're all considered to have 1 FIST and 2 Health unless the card says otherwise. they don't use essence in the same way you do, the stat's there for the large scale battles you can get into.

E: aside from the large battles this is as complicated as the rules get, if you're following now I won't have any more rules and tables to drop on you unless we start summoning demons or drinking pixie potions again. this isn't Void Racers

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 30, 2016

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I vote to take all the body parts and try to take over the union

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Are we married to having a barrel for a torso? Maybe we can carve some flesh off and have a rib cage of our very own! And of course it'd be a hippandros torso, not the silly human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Raptor1033 posted:

Are we married to having a barrel for a torso? Maybe we can carve some flesh off and have a rib cage of our very own! And of course it'd be a hippandros torso, not the silly human.

Sadly it looks like you can only harvest an arm from the human guards and only a leg from the horsemen, no torsos to get from these corpses. If I'm reading the cards right.

• Locked thread