Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:
kill jester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Jester? nah, always kill Goose.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Join the other skeletons as if we were one of them and see where this loser is going

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
See if you can join the ranks and blend in. I had no idea you were such a fan of two fisted fantasy St. Boner

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Also this guy might have some exposition on the warlock or something, they could be in the same fraternity

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The skeletons will be Union, try to quietly rattle your way into the group, flash your union card, and hang out with them for a while. It's been lonely since our congregation stopped coming to church

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

you have to get to Aelfsburg to really get into the singing, so I'll put that down as a vote for Aelfsburg

I got a laugh out of and appreciated you managing to translate a Dare post and interpret it into a vote and hope you keep doing so!

For my vote I say infiltrate the group.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Equip Sword - The entire reason we spent the essence in the arm was to use it, after all.

Shears in Barrel - It makes every transplant cost 1 less, and that adds up!

Eat Rat - Sorry ratty, but as good of a friend you are you're a better health potion. Your sacrifice will (possibly) not be in vain!

As far the skele-gang, we should try to communicate with them in our native tongue; Skorse (skeleton + morse) Code. If the robed one is a fellow boney-bro then he'll understand and we can talk, if he isn't he'll be oblivious to the soft rattling of Skorse Code.

I like this.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Eat the rat skeleton mouth

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Ahundredbux posted:

Eat the rat skeleton mouth

Skelton eat the mouth

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
isn't this the part where we become literal arms (and legs) dealers???

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Necromancy is cool and good and a hit with the kids these days also skeletons are my friends

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Ahundredbux posted:

Necromancy is cool and good and a hit with the kids these days also skeletons are my friends

I'm not a vitalitist, I have lots of skeleton friends

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Looks like we're going to equip the sword, keep the shears in the barrel and eat the rat. sorry rat.

Microwaves Mom posted:

How does a skeleton consume a rat? Honestly it should be kept to produce rat milk. The milk is far more useful.

just sort of break it open like a quail and grind it up.

Outrail posted:

How much essence do we get from eating one of our followers? Theoretically I mean.

They don't want to be eaten! They think of themselves as more your buddies than your slaves.

Currently voting stands at

9 for every variation of openly following them/going up for a chat (we can select our attitude to them once they've given us their excuse). Most people want to have a talk to the skeles in skelecode, leaving the robed guy out of it if he's not able to understand.
2 for creeping up/around them
1 for sending your goon to distract them

So we'll keep walking at our current pace and catch up with them real soon, and then we'll find out if they're with the Union or not. I'll keep things open though because it's going to be a few hours before I get to the update. Two-Fisted Steve has a copy of this book that's not missing so many pages, and he's being a total bastard about the courier fees as usual.

Jafars Pal
May 31, 2016

by Shine
i also vote goon distract

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Go up and talk to them and try way to hard to be friends so that you end up putting them off.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Well, we're going to go up to them. Our decrepit status could potentially help here:

Last page complete:

Turning to 247:

and wouldn't you know it... it looks like the batch of pages Two-Fisted Steve sent me have the same problem as the ones I already own.

Anyway, we've wandered in, the skellies don't want to talk but the dude wants a chat. What do we do?

E: whoops, uploaded wrong version of the page before!

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 1, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I wanted to get a little further in but ran out of time tonight. We should be approaching Bilgeton fairly soon and everything will go sideways from there, as anyone who's read this book before will be able to tell you. Consider this first stretch a warm-up

s0m3 guy posted:

isn't this the part where we become literal arms (and legs) dealers???

that is one of the things you can do with these guys, for sure

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 1, 2016

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hand the man your business card.

He's clearly abusing these poor skeletal compatriots, and if we can arrange an exchange of business cards we can identify him to the union and help free these poor souls from their working conditions.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I guess all the spooky skeletons we see at night work the night shift.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Some up jumped kid abusing our hard collectively bargained for rights.

Lee at him with our twin horse powered hooves and shank him in the neck with the shears.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ignore the bourgeois scum, rally to unionize our skeleton brethren! Together we shall rise up and seize the means of production of skeles!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Ignore the bourgeois scum, rally to unionize our skeleton brethren! Together we shall rise up and seize the means of production of skeles!

This and shank the guy in the throat with our sword

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Who What Now posted:

In order to get to that option, I think you have to answers the dirty capitalist pig's riddles first.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Hand him our business card and strike up a conversation about the weird purple light in the warlocks tower, that poo poo messes with the undead so he's at least gotta be interested in it too!! Once we know if he's a jerk we can stab him. Or even if he's not one I guess

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
challenge him into a game of riddles and bet your skeleguard

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Play the riddle game, wager all he knows about necromancy, and use the union card to force him to play with his life on the line.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hogge Wild posted:

challenge him into a game of riddles rap battle and bet your skeleguard

With our superior knowledge of bone-related rhymes we can't lose

Edit: the gently caress, auto-correct??

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 1, 2016

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Who What Now posted:

With our superior knowledge of bone-related Wayne's we can't lose

Pun his face in

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

poisonpill posted:

Play the riddle game, wager all he knows about necromancy, and use the union card to force him to play with his life on the line.

Let's do it!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Head over, talk about purple light, give business card, as we leave

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Begin playing your torso like a drum, not breaking eye (socket?) contact. Encourage your union bros to join in.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Put on some theme music
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsHC9OQfXqKEd2ziML2azR_cd3wnDhyNX

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Learn some good skeleton tricks from the hooded man

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Walk up confidently, and demand that he rubs our barrel. Show him we aren't some bitch skeleton like he has working for him.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Three for straight-up shanking the dude, three for engaging him in riddles/rhymes, four for a chat (including demanding that he rubs your barrel, gotta assert your dominance over these pimple-faced creeps). It's pretty close.I'll give it an hour or two then go dig around for the pages to make the thing happen.

By the way it's good that we're decrepit for this encounter, rolling in while you're in good condition would put the guy on edge.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I hope you counted mine as talk

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't want you to think we're trying to find ourselves a pimp. were a classy skeleton

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
RIDDLES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i re-counted and got 5 for talk, 3 for shanking, 5 (now 6) for riddles/rhyming, and 3 for rousing the skeletons to overthrow their bourgeois oppressor.

I'm not good at counting, sorry

• Locked thread