Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

you have to get to Aelfsburg to really get into the singing, so I'll put that down as a vote for Aelfsburg

I got a laugh out of and appreciated you managing to translate a Dare post and interpret it into a vote and hope you keep doing so!

For my vote I say infiltrate the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Walk up confidently, and demand that he rubs our barrel. Show him we aren't some bitch skeleton like he has working for him.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Raise him, maybe if we control him we will gain the following of his other skeletons for killing their jerk boss and his unfair labor practices. At least they should be greatful for it, and we get one follower minimum, and turn the tables on the jerk boss, so he has to work for us.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

please don't take it out on the skeleton you raised. in these games the skeletons are just the frame - the thing animating them is a wandering spirit who usually has no affiliation with the deceased.

Spoilered because it's a spoiler:

that's what makes the princess ending possible - you are a princess, sort of.

Oh totally not taking it out on him afterwards, I'm sure he will be a cool bro once he is part of our skeleton army! But it still seems fitting, no? And gaining the favor of the other skeletons he was over working seems like a good plan!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I am guessing that this new form might be the illusion and the typical old hag witch is the real deal but I'm all for a skeleton going for it either way so Page 150!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Yep, these books love to trick genre-ignorant people into pushing their luck until they find themselves in unwinnable situations.

Head to the surface and resume our quest

Eh, I say push your luck in fights and otherwise risking espirit if you are already low! It may sound counterintuitive but if you have an excess of espirit, you might want to save it for something more important later when you might need to drop a bunch. If you are low, the worst thing that can happen is you die and turn back a few pages and maybe make a different decision! Also it isn't uncommon to be put in a situation where the books expect you to have been through enough fights that it will give you something to replenish your espirit soon if you are already low and taking chances.

It is destination decisions and reputations that deserve more thought, depending on what type of ending you are looking to get. At least that is how I do it.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's a good thing there aren't talking undead priest dog wizards too.

I don't think he is undead... yet?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

He might have put the dog out to keep him from casting turn undead on him if he betrays us, but, the chance to get some backstory is worth the risk.

Chilling with Hardmod sounds like a plan, and resting up for a bit might be a chance to recoup some espirit.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I'd be interested to know how your mini-adventure winds up.

My ending was... well, every page, every ending. All of them. It took a little while. It's how I always did CYOA books when I was a kid, reading through and putting bookmarks in at every decision and going back to the last fork I was at once I get an ending and bouncing backwards then going forwards again untill I had read everything. Because why would you not read the whole book? Basically the same technique for Curse of the Cursed Mummy, just a lot more restarting and clicking through everything over and over. It was a really fun adventure, well done to, umm, Mr. Skull, and of course SIB for assembling it into a running program!

As for parts, we definately need a new arm, since we are missing one right now, so pretty much just go for the coolest one in the pile. If there is an arm with a six fingered hand in there, that could be handy later. Also keep the barrel chest it is cool, gives us a mobile hiding spot, and lets us carry an extra item!

We might want to ask Hardmod about the tower, but someone probably has a better idea then that.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I change my vote to tux and six fingers, let's become a debonair agent for the union.:radcat:

I am on board with this.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I change my vote to tux and six fingers, let's become a debonair agent for the union.:radcat:

*Strolls into the classiest tavern in town*

"Name sir?"

"Boned. James Boned."

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Save the puppy, help Hardmod! No real weapon preference since I think we should find something better then either of them before too long.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Forgive me friendos, I'm dying of illness and will be slow with the update. It'll be the expansion though. Stay tuned.

All that blood on the pages, it has to come from some where, and I am willing to bet it isn't from the bone dry skeletons. You are doing the lich's work!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Poland Spring posted:

"The only boss I see around here is you, Bill. I hate tibia prick but unless you want the SKU running this op I suggest you offer my friend a contract or go bone yourself. I'm sure your compatriots would hate to be ribbed of the opportunity to work because you had to swing your pelvis around like you owned the place."

Edit: I'm all for beating the poo poo out of this guy but let's at least try not to gently caress up our success in the flashback

I guess pick a fight but in a way that we just have to fight this guy

Yeah. Yeah!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Kill Bill.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

We should check on Hardmod, he would probably appreciate us saving his pelvis. If he is totally done for there is always possible raising, looting, parts, etc.

Also see if the other skeles that didn't seem to like Bill and acted like they owe us something from taking out Kevin are interested in joining up, or at least have anything for us for freeing them from Bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Maybe not the best ending we could have gone for, but a really good adventure. The mini game was the best.

• Locked thread