Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

vortmax posted:

>Take gardening shears and formerly-dead pet rat

>Check in with the union shop in Bilgeton for any news

gently caress I love these books, so glad you found another one.

Taking the shears and our ratbro is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Solice Kirsk posted:

If we keep the barrel instead of equipping a rib cage doesn't it slowly fill up with wine the more we drink till we can eventually sell it as a cask? I never owned this game and only played it through once with a buddy of mine and seem to remember him saying something about it.

I think if we fill it up and pull the spigot to 'piss' wine the right village we get worshipped as a god, but I might be thinking of a different book.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Poland Spring posted:

poo poo this is that loving encounter with the reverse centaurs isn't it. gently caress those guys

I really hope this is the reverse centaur encounter. They're a recurring race if you play your cards page choices right. Make fun of their tiny man/horsehood and they'll back down. Probably.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ChrisHansen posted:

Count me in for creeping up as quietly as possible to investigate

I don't understand this approach. It's like you're trying to get to a good ending or something.

Vv: Can someone translate this please?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 28, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
At some point we need to hide in a dungeon or basement or something and drag an adventurer into the barrel while they're searching for treasure.

"Oh, it's just a bunch of old bones, maybe there's something in this onYEAA GAAHH!"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Wait for an opportune moment while the Elves and Hippandros are busy and Unleash our enslaved brethren!

Since we're just bones the bear doesn't see us as food, but he'll attack everything else.

I can't remember if he becomes our buddy or trundles off after the fight though, I read a reprint that read a little weird with non-matching page numbers so I guess it was one of Two Fisted Steve's attempts at 'editing' the original.

After the fight we should get the option of 'upgrading' our appendages, or at least taking a spare or two.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 29, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Applewhite posted:

From a certain point of view, our "enslaved brethren" are actually the skeletons of the men and elves trapped within living flesh. We have an obligation to free all of them.

That is an extremely valid point. Happily, by releasing the bear we achieve the same result with more mayhem and hopefully less danger to our own flesh-less skeleton.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Voting for inaction too many times ends up pretty boring, like working at a grocery store or something. Taking calculated/stupid risks is usually the only way forward in these books.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Derek Dominoe posted:

Resurrect one of the recently slain guards to gain an advantage!

This is the smart option.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Obscil posted:

Loot both hippandros, but then loot only one of the guards. Also, replace our original body parts. Resurrect the last guard as a skeleton.

The bonus from having a pair of hippandro legs is pretty good, and having actual armor is nice as well.

This looks like the way to go.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Fighting with 4 Fist would be pretty sweet. And we'd look like a horsey centepide. But we should figure out if our union benefits actually kick in first.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Keep the Sword, ditch the shears and keep our ratbro.

Obviously this robed skeleton has been twisted by the skinsuit it wears. If we can free it the bonds it has on the rest of our fellow skeletons will be broken and they can join us in glorious revolution against our oppressors, while paying all union dues of course.

Creep closer and look for a way to ambush the robed guy without alerting our charmed brethren.

Why are there health icons with bones disintegrating when ESSENCE is more or less our health?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 31, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

essence is the force holding you together, the health icons are how smushed up your bones are. Not many things can damage us permanently but some can.

How much essence do we get from eating one of our followers? Theoretically I mean.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Some up jumped kid abusing our hard collectively bargained for rights.

Lee at him with our twin horse powered hooves and shank him in the neck with the shears.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
So we screw on the necromancer head, despite whatever other powers it has the enslaved skeletons will now vote for us as a competent foreman who's looking after their interests, we enlist them in the union and use their collective voting power to take over the bilgetown segment.

I'm pretty sure the necromancer head either made raising the dead easier or allowed you to command other undead as followers.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 2, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Obscil posted:

Let's reanimate Kevin and force him to work for us as an fitting punishment for the maltreatment of our skeleton brethren.

We're really running low on essence though. Maybe put on his skull and follow the witch, I bet she'll trade Kevin's skull or staff for a top up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Pretty sure you can get a pass on the limb limit if you can corrupt the union and then bribe the right official. It's a round about way of doing things but it does mean you can roll around the city as a skelepide with union heavies backing you up.

Can't get the true love ending tho so not really worth it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Give the witch a long and exhaustive lecture on the importance of fire prevention, maintenance and OHS compliance.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Question: is it true that a witches cat holds a great amount of her power? If so we should Alf it up and eat that pussy with zero innuendo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

RandomPauI posted:

Do the fetch quest. We can use the buff potion on someone later for hilarious results

Yeah, we need to start collecting a pile of dubiously useful poo poo. Does the sexy sister have a knapsack we can borrow?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Anything that results in dead pixies is a good thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Pretty sure if we give the goblin King a potion of ehem 'enhancement' he wouldn't need the padded codpiece and will give it to us without a fight.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Stealing dues is pretty bad. We could be our already.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I guess we go find out, have our follower actually help us in combat this time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Or start our own union.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Those goblins are hold our skeleton brethren hostage against their will. We should liberate them from their fleshy prisons.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Sorry fellers, I don't think I'll get an update out tonight. Another project I've been working on has sideswiped me. I'll redouble the efforts for tomorrow. Sorry about the delay - shouldn't happen too many more times in the next few weeks.

Have you been scanning books for other forums?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Give us a rundown if you think it's interesting. But not if it's that 'roll 3d6 and turn to the appropriate table' poo poo that goes on for half an hour.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kilo147 posted:

Hand the dues and poo poo over to the reps ASAP. Raise everyone.

Yeah why not. It'll make our inevitable betrayal of SKU betrayals that much tasty layer on.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Get in the mines and make bank.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I saw half a copy of a similar looking cyoa dated from back in the 70s, I suspect it was one of the 'first adventures' he spoke about writing when he was in school. That would make sense because it was full of the most badly written wretchedly sexualized horror I've ever seen, like a CYOA fatal. God knows why he wanted to publish it, misplaced pride I guess.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I'm not sure Herman Skull ever actually liked gamebooks or understood how they worked but he saw people buying Fighting Fantasy and Way of the Tiger and thought he could get rich doing that. He was already pretty old in the 70s. If you have a copy from that era I know a couple of people who'd fight you for it.

That was years ago, literally half of the book in a charity thrift shop bargain bin. No way was I paying even 50c for something back then.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Throw our own arm, we've got the undead stick so we can use that to take control of our arm and strangle him with it. I don't see any arm in trying anyhow.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

1 for bashing him on the nose with a rolled up vellum scroll (the adventure scroll could be used for that)

Are we actually carrying around our character sheet?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ok boy, do you smell magic? Go get the magic!

Kobolds are loving useless but they can sniff out deposits of magic ore that we can eat for esprit

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I hope you're not a dog owner.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
It's not easy being green.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Play the cursed mummy

Make sure we point out all the obviously false undead facts the book brings up, I think k it impresses lichbro and he gives us some unholy water.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm tuned into you, Isaias.

:f5h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
This is Skull's extremely long-winded scheme to infect us with malware.

• Locked thread