Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Random Axis posted:

It says in the intro that skeletons like wine! We should grab some in case we get the chance to schmooze.

Is there anything we can grab to waterproof the barrel, like pitch? I'm thinking it would be good to have a makeshift boat for fording rivers a la Oregon Trail.

I think there's a spell or something called "bone dry," but I'm not sure how early we can get it. Ten-Foot Prole is definitely something we're gonna wanna take because it unlocks a few fun things just like in all the other books. Besides the Prole I don't have an opinion on items to start, but I think we should head to Bilgeton since we run into one of the most useless and hilarious characters there. Asgwrn the Bone Buyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If we keep the barrel instead of equipping a rib cage doesn't it slowly fill up with wine the more we drink till we can eventually sell it as a cask? I never owned this game and only played it through once with a buddy of mine and seem to remember him saying something about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poland Spring posted:

poo poo this is that loving encounter with the reverse centaurs isn't it. gently caress those guys

You can actually push them over really easy if you have the the "Several Hands of Hugeness." I don't think you can encounter them this soon since there's no way to have that many limbs so early in the game. My vote is to sneak up on the men. Nothing says stealth like the reanimated rattling bones of the deceased contained with in a big hollow barrel to amplify the sound!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They'll barrel-ly know we're there!

I'll just see myself out....

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Obscil posted:

Loot both hippandros, but then loot only one of the guards. Also, replace our original body parts. Resurrect the last guard as a skeleton.

The bonus from having a pair of hippandro legs is pretty good, and having actual armor is nice as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Il go ahead and vote for boning and burning the witch as well. Seems like the most prudent thing to do.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We're gonna rock her world a skele-ton!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

carry her cauldron

It always comes down to this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Join in the chant of your union brothers!

"You got a mine! Where is mine!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kilo147 posted:

Hand the dues and poo poo over to the reps ASAP. Raise everyone.

This, but also grab a hammer and shield and upgrade our barrel to an awesome goblin one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ask him, "Who's a good boy?!" While he ponders this deep question scratch him behind the ear and ask him if he wants to go for a ride?!

We now have a kobald buddy to hang around with!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'll vote to go further as well. We need a replacement arm anyways.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Esper posted:

The lowest levels of the dungeon always have the good stuff, but getting there is normally a tiring and dangerous experience. However, with a party member experienced at digging, we've got options here besides "go forward" and "leave"
Have the Kobold dig us to the treasure room / lower level

There we go! We can go far with Ro'Bharr!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Outrail posted:

I hope you're not a dog owner.

It's a good thing there aren't talking undead priest dog wizards too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Green means go!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arkanomen posted:

Light up that (finger)joint and get blazed with an old pal!

Drink some wine too! Let's rattle these old bones before we're inevitably forced to fight him in the morning.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nyaa posted:

Play my favorite CYOA game for old time sake

OH MY GOD! Please tell me you or Steve have the small supplement book that lets us do this! Wasn't it like a super short trial run of that Egyptian CYOA that he made?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nyaa posted:

Was it the one about a mummy?

Never got to see it so I have no idea. My English friend in grade school's dad was the one who had these so we only got to play them when we could sneak away because he HATED letting anyone touch them. He caught us with Void Racers once and I wasn't allowed over there for like two months.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Or people could just not do stuff to the dead.

I guess 'don't be a dick' is a 21st-century thing. Or later.

But the dead have all the coolest stuff. Like masks and swords and other cool old stuff. It belongs in a museum!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So my first play through I punched Indiana Jones in the dick and turned his keys into vipers. My second play through I wound up working at a burger joint in London.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Seduce and steal phylactery

Walk in on him in the shower and say:
"Looks like you could use 50% more hands."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Drop the shears and I say we kick some generic fantasy adventure party asses!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

Get em! More servants/body mods.

Yes! Kill them and stick ALL their arms and legs onto us! gently caress the Union! Let's crash this loving train into the station!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

the_steve posted:

See if Hardmod will offer the Bobs a job.

And then kill and stick all the arms and legs from the adventurers onto us!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, that's quite the new av you got there Isaias. Piss someone off?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

>Pick a bone with Bill, and

De-Bone the "One Bone Union," making it the "One Union."

> Unify all unions as ONE!

:hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:
:megadeath:

The ONE true option!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Are we still able to bone the lady witch from earlier or has that boat sailed?

To bad we can't de-bone her.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bolt everything on, but don't replace anything either. It's time we start following in our....friend's(?) footsteps! Let us create a two-assed, four- legged, four-armed, twin-headed Bone-ified Asskicking Skeleton!

I guess then we can head to Bilgeton. Maybe there will be an opportunity to get hired as a Rockette line.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 1, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Come on people! Let's blow this garbage union and strike out on our own! We've been playing nice all game, I say it's time we go for broke and snap this book (not literally, last I saw at a con these were going for a few hundred even with missing pages and poo poo) over our knees! This is GBS for fucks sake! Let's goddamned act like it!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

De-bone the witch. Wear her skin as a cloak.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The man is a heartless monster. I remember the scenario in The Bastard Elf where the 10 Foot Dungeoneering Pole falls into the well and drowns when you choose the option to throw a coin in to make a wish. Dude just loves making small seemingly pointless choices into monstrous abominations of misfortune.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nyaa posted:

Keep going the wrong way and avoid the tower just to piss her off. :colbert:

This!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

the_steve posted:

Use the monkeys paw, wish to be in charge of the SKU

loving nailed it! Also:

EvilTaytoMan posted:

And make a pass at Tedbald.

and maybe as a last resort if the monkey paw roll fails:

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Debone the SKU Leadership and assert ourselves as the authoritarian leader Bonald Trump. Make the skeletons our slaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

For all the nice guy decisions we made I think the ending was pretty good!

• Locked thread