Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I guess it depends on how black and white Lantis wants to be with their concert policies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I cried, I died, Anchan complemented my mustache. :rip: me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

I guess it depends on how black and white Lantis wants to be with their concert policies.
people record tiny clips of JP lives all the time, i really doubt this alone will stop it

love live fans are just super reactionary about htis stuff. one time someone tore up a trading card and tweeted a seiyuu in english about it and people legitimately thought that was going to end international lives.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
There's definite concern given that countries have gotten blacklisted in the past, but yea, the US overall should be fine, pretty much anything I've seen around is of the Rainbow - And, well, given that that's the most complicated thing a LL event has pulled off, by far, it having that much excitement and bootleg stuff is natural.

Concert was phenomenal, being in front row is absolutely crazy there, because oh my god the view.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dexanth posted:

When I tug them off my phone if there is any interest I can do pictures from a ton of Uchiura/Numazu spots. Mostly around Awa island since I spent the largest amount of time there.

YOU PROMISED.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

nielsm posted:

YOU PROMISED.

I've started posting them on Instagram! Which actually is kind of sucking for it but I don't know where else to go make a giant album because imgur is dumb now

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dexanth posted:

I've started posting them on Instagram! Which actually is kind of sucking for it but I don't know where else to go make a giant album because imgur is dumb now

now we just need to wait for a new image host that doesn't suck for a few more years

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Well, this is where they are going up for now !

I'm aiming to do at least one per day that's loosely categorized in some fashion. I suspect I'll be slow uploading for the next month ish. I only took around 1,200 photos and have to prune from there.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Dexanth posted:

There's definite concern given that countries have gotten blacklisted in the past, but yea, the US overall should be fine, pretty much anything I've seen around is of the Rainbow - And, well, given that that's the most complicated thing a LL event has pulled off, by far, it having that much excitement and bootleg stuff is natural.

Concert was phenomenal, being in front row is absolutely crazy there, because oh my god the view.

Pretty jealous. Bunch of my friends from the East Coast LL fandom here in the NY Metro area went over for the concert, days after the 3rd Live DV here. Would've love to go to AX for this and other stuff that was over there, but $$$.

Also, apparently the LA Live had enough of an impact that the 4th Live at Tokyo Dome is doing foreign tour and hotel packages that details haven't come out about yet? Only open to non-residents of Japan, if I'm reading the original news blurb correctly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA JOIN US IN THE DISCORD WE ALL COLLECTIVELY FREAKED OUT ABOUT IT THERE.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA JOIN US IN THE DISCORD WE ALL COLLECTIVELY FREAKED OUT ABOUT IT THERE.

I was a dumb and let the invite expire.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
If Aqours comes back to AX next year I'm definitely making time to go.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

If Aqours comes back to AX next year I'm definitely making time to go.

:same: if I have the money.

I found out I had an extra $200 in my bank account due to a paycheck from working the election that cleared from Direct Deposit on Friday only when I was trying to buy some merch after Miku Expo, and I went ham because of it. So if I ever came across the same opportunity next year wrt being able to go to AX and Aqours is there, I need to pull the trigger.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It’s Nico Nii hours

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

For anyone interested, Granblue Fantasy is introducing an Aqours event, soon.

MORE MONEY AT THE GACHA ALTAR

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Dexanth posted:

For anyone interested, Granblue Fantasy is introducing an Aqours event, soon.

MORE MONEY AT THE GACHA ALTAR

I'm glad I'm not playing Granblue or else my money would be flying. If they did a cross promotion even with other CyGames IPs then I'm hosed.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
At least event characters don’t come from the gacha, it’s from event progression or trading in item drops from the event!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/CureTortellini/status/1025061240316600320

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
well we had a good run

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Some of those are simultaneously horrifying and yet eerily on point

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Does anyone remember which CD has the audio drama part where Mari eats all the hamburgers? I'm positive I'm not making this up but cannot remember which it is for the life of me.

Edit: I found it~ Thanks Daxing-Dan for the translations~

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 22, 2018

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I love how crazy things get on these audio dramas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAnlBiYbXoY

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

:toot:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wait you got your E-mail in English????

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
a guide for the lucky kr crew, by a friend of a friend http://love-live.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:LuciaHunter/Love_Live!_Sunshine!!_Pilgrimage_Guide

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Hate-Senpai posted:

Wait you got your E-mail in English????

i signed up as an american

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

astr0man posted:

i signed up as an american

Ah.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

My random tips too!
Yes a one-night stay in the area might be a goo d idea if you really want to explore but lol good luck getting a room around a concert. Maybe.

If you're going by train and don't have a JR rail pass, buy a Shinkansen ticket for unnumbered seats, it's about 4k yen per trip from Tokyo. The slow train is not fun and seriously slow. Also keep in mind that west of Atami you can't use Suica cards. (Not without lots of trouble at least.)

If you're going to the Uchiura area and not just exploring Numazu city, rent a car. The bus is a drag and not that exciting. 750+ yen is also a tad expensive.

This was a post based on mistakes I feel I made last time around. I hope it becomes useful to you.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

nielsm posted:

My random tips too!
Yes a one-night stay in the area might be a goo d idea if you really want to explore but lol good luck getting a room around a concert. Maybe.

If you're going by train and don't have a JR rail pass, buy a Shinkansen ticket for unnumbered seats, it's about 4k yen per trip from Tokyo. The slow train is not fun and seriously slow. Also keep in mind that west of Atami you can't use Suica cards. (Not without lots of trouble at least.)

If you're going to the Uchiura area and not just exploring Numazu city, rent a car. The bus is a drag and not that exciting. 750+ yen is also a tad expensive.

This was a post based on mistakes I feel I made last time around. I hope it becomes useful to you.

Is that exclusive to Suica or is that for all IC cards?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

graybook posted:

Is that exclusive to Suica or is that for all IC cards?

Nah it's rather that JR Central strongly prefers Toica.
If you arrive at Numazu checked in with a Suica you can still check out and pay at the manned gate, but I'm not sure you can check in with it.

Tokai Bus does not take IC cards at all, cash only.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I completed my full round of gaijin dekimasen. 2 ballots day 1, 14 ballots day 2, one gaijin ballot per day (plus some on my friend). FEELS ALRIGHT MAN.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I completed my full round of gaijin dekimasen. 2 ballots day 1, 14 ballots day 2, one gaijin ballot per day (plus some on my friend). FEELS ALRIGHT MAN.

Same but 1 d1, 6 d2.
It's okay man I'm using my friend's reasoning that AX was a more up close show than we would've gotten at 4L
and I'm gonna Numazu anyways so it's fine

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Now I wonder how many of us are going, since Gaijin lottery made it way easier than the hoops you had to do previously.

Ofc since I had done those hoops I went in that way and actually won D2R1, which let me trade my +1 for someone's D1R2 +1, so no need for gaijin lotto.

But like in LLCord, it seemed like almost everyone but like 3 people won at least D1 or D2.

And huh, didn't know Suica was an issue in Numazu since last time I ended up having taxis everywhere for reasons.

As for renting a car, ehhh - I'd only recommend that if you want to go to some of the more remote spots like the 3rd Year Stargazing mountain. Otherwise, the only real distance hops besides Numazu -> Uchi are like Awa Area -> Chika/Izo-Mito Area, and maybe from there to the school though at that point it's in walking distance.

Otoh it will be November and cold, so that is a factor. But I have no idea what parking is like around there.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Dexanth posted:

But like in LLCord, it seemed like almost everyone but like 3 people won at least D1 or D2.

I think me and zep are the only people from idol chat that won, both for d2 only.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

astr0man posted:

I think me and zep are the only people from idol chat that won, both for d2 only.

Oh! Well, I will 100% be there at D2 if you wanted to try to say hi. Ping me on Discord or something and we can figure something out

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I kinda feel bad that this thread isn’t as lively as it used to be (or even the general idol thread) cuz discord, but wanted to ask if the puchi game will be released in English or if I should just make a JP iTunes account and download it

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It was shown off at anime expo, so there's maybe a chance. I would just get it off jp itunes though.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dexanth posted:

As for renting a car, ehhh - I'd only recommend that if you want to go to some of the more remote spots like the 3rd Year Stargazing mountain. Otherwise, the only real distance hops besides Numazu -> Uchi are like Awa Area -> Chika/Izo-Mito Area, and maybe from there to the school though at that point it's in walking distance.

Otoh it will be November and cold, so that is a factor. But I have no idea what parking is like around there.

As far as I remember, there should be plenty of parking spots by the Awashima ferry and in the Izu-Mito Sea Paradise garage, at least. Probably easier to set the car aside if you go further south too.
You can absolutely walk Awashima area to the beach/sea paradise area, and I'd recommend doing so if the weather isn't poo poo. But the bus ride seriously sucks, and if you are going as a group, bus tickets for everyone could easily end up covering half the cost of renting a small car.
Alternatively, also if the weather isn't poo poo, rent bikes and enjoy the 13-14 km ride. I wanted to do that last time but didn't plan well enough ahead.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

New 90 sec trailer for the Sunshine movie just out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1haB_uUpbUY

New school year, new school, remaining 6 members agree to restart Aqours! But Mari's mother flies in, Mari has gone missing, so everyone goes to Italy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
let's all be jealous as gently caress of those among us who got to go to the Live