Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

HP-Print-AC-Officejet pro 8610

wifi on a printer fuuuuuuck

It's extremely bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

butts lmao

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

nothing

haha get it, connect to nothing, haha

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

maniacdevnull posted:

nothing

haha get it, connect to nothing, haha

Wish u did that instead of posting

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
somebody near me is Dundledorfs_Castle and Dundledorfs_5GiggleHertz

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
tellmywifiloveher

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
My wifi is the sound of the wailing of the damned. It scares people when they open network and sharing center, and they always mute their computer real quicklike.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Peanut and the Gang posted:

My wifi is the sound of the wailing of the damned. It scares people when they open network and sharing center, and they always mute their computer real quicklike.
wondering if you can do something like that with the bell character

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
centurylink6969

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Peanut and the Gang posted:

mine is an ascii bell character

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
🌲😚💨

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

UPC375823856

Because our ISPs force random SSIDs and long passwords because they (righteously so) assume everyone is a moron

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kid CUDA posted:

UPC375823856

Because our ISPs force random SSIDs and long passwords because they (righteously so) assume everyone is a moron

how the hell does an ISP force your local wifi credentials? sorry im not an IT proifessional if this is a basic feature... sorry

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Smythe posted:

how the hell does an ISP force your local wifi credentials? sorry im not an IT proifessional if this is a basic feature... sorry

you get a combined cable modem + tv box + wi-fi router, and most people are too lazy to call and ask for the admin password.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

2016 the year of wifi on the airwaves

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kid CUDA posted:

you get a combined cable modem + tv box + wi-fi router, and most people are too lazy to call and ask for the admin password.

amazing. imagine a world where u dont have ur own modem or AT LEAST put the SURFBOARD POS into bridge mode asap... Christ... hosed UP!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Here in glorious America (Los angeles california subsection) ive never gotten a router/modem combo thing that DIDNT have the login credentials in the INCLUDED DOCUMENTATION! One time, i lost it but I looked online and found some MAINTENANCE CODE? that worked.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Smythe posted:

Here in glorious America (Los angeles california subsection) ive never gotten a router/modem combo thing that DIDNT have the login credentials in the INCLUDED DOCUMENTATION! One time, i lost it but I looked online and found some MAINTENANCE CODE? that worked.

smythe are you ok

you doing alright smythe is work getting to you

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Trendnet658 because i got tired of resetting it every time the power went down last year

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Comcast's issued modem/router has a sticker on it with the default wifi info and the admin login instructions

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
I hear you cry in your sleep

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
password is taco

but then the password isn't taco, punked

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lmao if you have a modem instead of your own router connected to an ONT

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
secret al qaeda base

lmao if u broadcast your ssid though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i have my network name an dpassword written on a whiteboard just inside of my front door

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I AM A loving MORON

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

my wifi is called "How do I computer?" and the password is washyourface which was a funny joke with some friends

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

tazjin posted:

my wifi is called "How do I computer?" and the password is washyourface which was a funny joke with some friends

you can all come to my house and use it and drink beer, it's a gigabit fiber line

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007
"I SEE YOU MASTURBATING" on 2.4ghz and "I ALSO SEE YOU MASTURBATING" for 5ghz - no one ever asks me which WiFi network is mine b/c it's obvious.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

tcpip freely

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
we have a 5ghz n called Waldorf and a 2.5ghz b/g called Statler and the passcode for both is "They call this wifi?"

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

A Pinball Wizard posted:

we have a 5ghz n called Waldorf and a 2.5ghz b/g called Statler and the passcode for both is "They call this wifi?"

loading hacking tools

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bring beer to {neighbour's address}

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
ssid at home is "burrito", pw is "supertaco"

my wireless hotspot's ssid is "doj_remote"

power it up and ppl start furtively looking around for the secret service when it pops up on their phones

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

lmao if you have a modem instead of your own router connected to an ONT

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

buttcrackmenace posted:

ssid at home is "burrito", pw is "supertaco"

my wireless hotspot's ssid is "doj_remote"

power it up and ppl start furtively looking around for the secret service when it pops up on their phones

the secret service is under dhs. it's the fbi that's under the doj

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

loving smooth

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this but unironically

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009