Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Senerio posted:

Last time I played, I cheated that weapon's and the other bullshit mechanic's ABS drops to max out as soon as I get them because they're seriously screwed over in that.

By cheating, you mean the whole swticheroo thing or something else?

FractalSandwich posted:

"Polyn", or as it's more commonly known in English, "memory".

The photo album has a practical use in transferring photos between save files. You can use it to fill in Ideas and Scoops that you permanently missed, or send ones from the late game back to an earlier save for crafting (though you'll still be gated by the materials you need).

I see, so it's basically a time saver for people that may want to replay the game.
Sounds useful, though I can't see myself making any use of that function any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Apepresident posted:

By cheating, you mean the whole swticheroo thing or something else?

I used an action replay and made all the abs drops give infinite exp so I could skip all the grinding. It's most important for the other mechanic but I used it to power up my Armband too. Actual cheating. I rationalized it because that mechanic is the worst grind fest otherwise.

The album was a godsend for me because I didn't know to get Clown Robo's attack my first time through.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
I can not blame anyone for not wanting to grind for "the other mechanic". It's by far the dumbest thing in this game.

As for the photo album, I tend to use it to get two clothing items early. I don't want to use it for a gameplay mechanic advantage though.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
About time we get to wrap things up over in Chapter 2.
We still need to meet the Rainbow Butterfly and Holly so let's check out the final stage of the Rainbow Butterfly Forest.

There's also our rewards for for rebuilding SIndain waiting for us, as well as a new gameplay thingy that we still need to get access to.

Crystalgate posted:

I can not blame anyone for not wanting to grind for "the other mechanic". It's by far the dumbest thing in this game.

I'm guessing by the "other mechanic" you mean the monster badges.
Are those things actually useful (besides the monster drops and Gemstones)? The only use I could think of otherwise would be the platinum trophy on PS4 (about which I honestly couldn't care less)
Plus they seem weaker than well built weapons so I really don't see any reason to go through that insane 99 level grind.

Senerio posted:

I used an action replay and made all the abs drops give infinite exp so I could skip all the grinding. It's most important for the other mechanic but I used it to power up my Armband too. Actual cheating. I rationalized it because that mechanic is the worst grind fest otherwise.

The album was a godsend for me because I didn't know to get Clown Robo's attack my first time through.

I see.
Well, considering that at the end of chapter 3 I already spent like 23 or so hours (of which like 8 or so) were spent on nothing but grinding I really can't blame you for that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I am so glad this came out on PSN recently because I obsessed over the original release for months.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Monster Badges would be fine if their growth were anything to speak of, but whereas weapons get an attack point and synth points with every level, monster badges get an attack or defense point every few levels and nothing at all otherwise. Also, weapons can evolve and reset to level 0 after gaining enough stats, while monster badges don't. Since the amount of ABS it takes to gain a level increases significantly with each level, it takes more grinding than anyone can have the patience for, with no reward in terms of actual utility. There's one form around midgame that's actually decent for fighting early-game monsters and one way at the end that's got a bit of real strength, but I don't think you'd ever prefer any monster form to any weapon or Steve. It's a neat mechanic that could have worked really well, but they made it useless and then hid a bunch of medals behind it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
99 level strongest monster is the same power as the strongest weapons, but a pain to get for almost every race. There's one monster worth using and you get it next chapter.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Monster badges might be better if they behaved like Steve and acted as essentially a new character to play with, unfortunately, they do not.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
So butterflies make great potato pies. Learn something new every day.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
You need the monsters if you want to do an all medals run, but otherwise there is no reason to grind them. I got away with using a level 37 monster for the hardest monster medal. This is far better than the level 50 a FAQ recommended, but still very frustrating.

Some monsters are faster than Monica, so they can be used to travel long distances quicker. This does not require you to upgrade them though.

The monster transformations would have been more fun if they allowed you to transform to big monsters like the Tore and if they were as strong as the ridepod.

As far as the Rainbow butterfly goes, it seems you're meant to sneak up on the small butterflies. The problem is that you have to move really slow and attack them from the right distance. When you attack, the small butterflies retaliate instantly, before you have a chance of hitting them. Fortunately, Level 5 thought of it and made it so that if you're close enough, they won't retaliate against melee. Unfortunately, the range from which you are considered close enough to attack, but not too close so they move away, is very narrow. You can also easily hit them with Monica's magic if her wind or lightning attributes are higher than her fire and ice, but you need to cast and really quickly guard. Ridepod with a barrel cannon is the best option by far.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Geostomp posted:

Monster badges might be better if they behaved like Steve and acted as essentially a new character to play with, unfortunately, they do not.

Wait it's not seperate? So if you die as [insert monster] you basically lose out on Monica (unless you revive her)?

Nidoking posted:

Monster Badges would be fine if their growth were anything to speak of, but whereas weapons get an attack point and synth points with every level, monster badges get an attack or defense point every few levels and nothing at all otherwise. Also, weapons can evolve and reset to level 0 after gaining enough stats, while monster badges don't. Since the amount of ABS it takes to gain a level increases significantly with each level, it takes more grinding than anyone can have the patience for, with no reward in terms of actual utility. There's one form around midgame that's actually decent for fighting early-game monsters and one way at the end that's got a bit of real strength, but I don't think you'd ever prefer any monster form to any weapon or Steve. It's a neat mechanic that could have worked really well, but they made it useless and then hid a bunch of medals behind it.

Yikes, that sounds like a horrible pay-off for grinding those suckers up.
I feel like they missed an oportunity to introduce obstacles like in the first game that you can only pass through by turning into X-monster.
That would've made that whole system atleast somewhat more useful (mostly getting the medals, the grinding itself would probably still be useless though)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Apepresident posted:

Wait it's not seperate? So if you die as [insert monster] you basically lose out on Monica (unless you revive her)?

Yeah, Monica gets the shaft on powers. You want to use the badge you throw the wind element to the monster in the next chapter for and that's it really. It's the only good monster

quote:

Yikes, that sounds like a horrible pay-off for grinding those suckers up.
I feel like they missed an oportunity to introduce obstacles like in the first game that you can only pass through by turning into X-monster.
That would've made that whole system atleast somewhat more useful (mostly getting the medals, the grinding itself would probably still be useless though)

Yeah, this is why I cheated the grind, because gently caress grinding the monsters to level 99. Ground them all up to level 99 via cheating and don't regret it one bit.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ohhhhhh boy this game. And I caught the thread this time! I bought it at a rental shop. This and Custom Robo were my best used game purchases ever. I still remember how I spent forever dicking about in a later chapter because it had so much synergy for fishing. Also, the voice acting here is...well it's existent, so it's a big improvement over the original. That said, it's so awkward hearing Scott Menville as Max when you know all his other stuff.

Anywho, fun thing about monster medals in the earlier chat. There's exactly one useful one: the gem dragon. Why? Because it's the only one that attacks fast enough to stunlock enemies. And even then, it only barely manages it. I mean, in theory it could do some good, but it's really not worth it considering how low the defense of monsters is.

Meanwhile, Steve is so good that you can completely ignore leveling Max after getting him. Here's a tip that I'm not sure if you already know, since I just started watching the videos, but Ridepod Fuel can be found in dungeons by throwing the various throwable objects, IE the rocks and stuff. When they break, they can turn into various items, but most importantly, they've got fairly decent odds of turning into a unit of Ridepod Fuel.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
How about we start off chapter 3.
In order to complete this chapter we need to rebuild a chinese store to get some super healing dumplings to heal a shocked little girl (I promise, I didn't make this up!)

Unknown Quantity posted:

Meanwhile, Steve is so good that you can completely ignore leveling Max after getting him. Here's a tip that I'm not sure if you already know, since I just started watching the videos, but Ridepod Fuel can be found in dungeons by throwing the various throwable objects, IE the rocks and stuff. When they break, they can turn into various items, but most importantly, they've got fairly decent odds of turning into a unit of Ridepod Fuel.
This is the first time I ever heard about that.
That could've saved some time going back and forth between Cedric and the dungeon....

Thanks for mentioning it!

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
This time we're getting Lin back!
In order to do so there's two things we need to do: Build up Balance Valley even further and play golf... excuse me, Spheda.

With our amazing Time Distortion closing abilities we can go into the future to finally get our hands on some of those juicy miracle dumplings.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh poo poo, my favorite game! :neckbeard:

Looking forward to seeing this finished; my copy was corrupted in a very specific, aggravating way such that one particular needed dungeon part never appeared, and thus I couldn't complete the story.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Here's some bad news: you got the bad prize out of playing Spheda so well. The Turkey you get from losing Spheda is honestly the best club in the game. The rest involve giving you greater long-distance shots, with the final upgraded club, the Albatross, being about super long range shots, and in general the further the ball flies, the more likely it is to fall to its doom. Having fine control over the low-to-mid range is good, and the Turkey's the only one that doesn't send the ball flying a million feet at half/full power besides the Handy Stick.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Even when I could remember literally nothing else about Dark Cloud 2, I could still remember frickin Spheda. I think our household used to call it 'Fix Time Golf'

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Spheda is quite fun. I played a ton of it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The main reason spheda's annoying is because the levels' difficulty doesn't mesh with their order. The one after this is a good starter mapset, then the forest is nice if you can put up with occasionally needing to lob it through deep woods barely missing a tree. The sewers have nice walls for bank shots but a lot of spots have gutters on either side by the wall, and these canyons are BRUTAL until you get a good sense for how far the ball flies/rolls.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
With Lin being back and healthy once again it's time to set out and save Crest .... somehow ....

YggiDee posted:

Even when I could remember literally nothing else about Dark Cloud 2, I could still remember frickin Spheda. I think our household used to call it 'Fix Time Golf'

Eventhough I don't particualary enjoy it, I have to admit that this is one of the most unique features this game has to offer.

Unknown Quantity posted:

Here's some bad news: you got the bad prize out of playing Spheda so well. The Turkey you get from losing Spheda is honestly the best club in the game. The rest involve giving you greater long-distance shots, with the final upgraded club, the Albatross, being about super long range shots, and in general the further the ball flies, the more likely it is to fall to its doom. Having fine control over the low-to-mid range is good, and the Turkey's the only one that doesn't send the ball flying a million feet at half/full power besides the Handy Stick.
Crap :/ You'd think that you'd be getting the better reward for actually doing it yourself.
On the bright side the Swan is atleast somewhat useful in this chapter, plus the Turkey can be invented in chapter 4 so it's not that big of a deal after all.

Bruceski posted:

The main reason spheda's annoying is because the levels' difficulty doesn't mesh with their order. The one after this is a good starter mapset, then the forest is nice if you can put up with occasionally needing to lob it through deep woods barely missing a tree. The sewers have nice walls for bank shots but a lot of spots have gutters on either side by the wall, and these canyons are BRUTAL until you get a good sense for how far the ball flies/rolls.
Chapters 4 and 5 are probably the easiest locations due to no next to no "off-course" areas while chapter 3 is somewhat managable (it gets a bit easier if you can get the Swan IMO)
However, chapter 1 is a freaking nightmare since there's gutters (=going "off-course") everywhere.

I'm just glad that I only need to get 10 time distortions for the extra character and then don't have to bother with Spheda anymore.
It's just not my thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Don't you want a name change ticket? Or the Clown suit for Max?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Max can't absorb magic, but if you hit a projectile with one of his attacks, he'll reflect it.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Someone on the design team for this game had a thing for clowns. Also, oh man, you made Seven-Branch Sword! One of my favorites due to it having the fast five-hit combo, which is the main difference between the various sword branches: there's the slow 4-hit combo, the slow 5-hit combo, the fast 5-hit combo, and the 6-hit combo for Monica. There are no ultimate weapons with the fast 5-hit combo (although Seven-Branch Sword doesn't upgrade any more if that counts.)

Also, "Watch out! The lighthouse is on fire!" says Max only after running all the way up the lighthouse and looking around at said fire.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
The dragons are one enemy type I really wish Monica could transform into rather than those weak little things she's limited to. It worked in Breath of Fire and it could work in an action game too.

Anyway, if you are dealing low damage to an enemy with a human weapon it's never because you're not exploiting their elemental weaknesses. If an enemy is weak against say wind, having low or high wind makes a relative low difference. All elements contribute towards dealing higher damage, the elements enemies are weak against just does it more. Even if each point of wind is worth two or three times as much as any of the other elements, there's still seven of those other elements, so a high wind stat will not matter much. It's however more important for the Ridepod and magic absorb blade since they only have one or two elements, making weakness matching matter more.

Max can also destroy the lighthouse fires with the Ridepod. The barrel cannon makes short work of them. Sometimes it will refuse to lock on the closest flame though, forcing you to switch to Max for that one flame. As for Gaspard, there's a second way to cheese him with endless stun-lock. Attack him like normally, but when you make your second last attack, tap the defense button instead of the attack button. Your character will cancel her/his combo and you can now start it over without knocking them out of stun-lock. You can repeat this as many times as you need. This will allow you to keep any stun-able enemy infinitely stun-locked.

Monica's magic absorb blade is a cool idea, but sadly under-powered. It has only one element and doesn't compensate by having a much higher attack power like the Ridepod does. If you can get a high durability sword early game, you can actually unleash an attack that's very powerful for that stage of the game, but even then you have to absorb a lot of hits first. Just like the monster transformations, it's a cool idea rendered forgettable by poor execution.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
After spending the entirety of chapter 3 saving a little girl and her dad master, how about we spend an entire chapter so heal a baby Lapras.

Senerio posted:

Don't you want a name change ticket? Or the Clown suit for Max?

Got the name change ticket.
Not gonna be spending time with those suits since I'm way too lazy to get those extra medals.

Unknown Quantity posted:

Someone on the design team for this game had a thing for clowns. Also, oh man, you made Seven-Branch Sword! One of my favorites due to it having the fast five-hit combo, which is the main difference between the various sword branches: there's the slow 4-hit combo, the slow 5-hit combo, the fast 5-hit combo, and the 6-hit combo for Monica. There are no ultimate weapons with the fast 5-hit combo (although Seven-Branch Sword doesn't upgrade any more if that counts.)

Well the Griffon Fork has somewhat comparable stats to some of the ultimate weapons.
So if you really love the 6-hit combo you can still have a pretty badass weapon.

Speaking of it, are there actually any other weapons that have the 6-hit combo?
I always thought it was only the Griffon Fork, with everything else having at best the fast 5-hit combo

Crystalgate posted:

Anyway, if you are dealing low damage to an enemy with a human weapon it's never because you're not exploiting their elemental weaknesses. If an enemy is weak against say wind, having low or high wind makes a relative low difference. All elements contribute towards dealing higher damage, the elements enemies are weak against just does it more. Even if each point of wind is worth two or three times as much as any of the other elements, there's still seven of those other elements, so a high wind stat will not matter much. It's however more important for the Ridepod and magic absorb blade since they only have one or two elements, making weakness matching matter more.

You're right. I'm still kinda used to the Dark Cloud 1 system where you have to choose between one of the elements active on your weapon.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Apepresident posted:

Speaking of it, are there actually any other weapons that have the 6-hit combo?

There are quite a few - the Dark Cloud, in particular.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Nidoking posted:

There are quite a few - the Dark Cloud, in particular.

Dark Cloud and Griffon Fork are the only final/semi-final weapons with the 6-hit. Speaking of which, Dark Cloud has the highest possible elemental numbers, and Island King has the highest raw physical damage (and the 4-hit combo). That said, you can do right by almost any final sword branch, although I believe the fan favorites are Dark Cloud and Muramasa.

Speaking of weapon branches, it looks like ApePresident's going lasers and wrenches for Max. Kind of a shame, although I understand why: the hammers are kinda bad, and the laser's final branch is head and shoulders above everything else. That said, the final grenade launcher is perfectly serviceable. The machine guns, though...I leave the fast weapons to Steve.

Seriously, if you want to get some of the time medals, gatling guns + motorcycle legs are the way to go.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
It's time to find the medicine for Shingala, but before we do that (or anything else that can be considered beings productive) let's have fun with some bugs.
Because losing tons of money and progress due to spaghetti code is always fun ...

Unknown Quantity posted:

Dark Cloud and Griffon Fork are the only final/semi-final weapons with the 6-hit. Speaking of which, Dark Cloud has the highest possible elemental numbers, and Island King has the highest raw physical damage (and the 4-hit combo). That said, you can do right by almost any final sword branch, although I believe the fan favorites are Dark Cloud and Muramasa.

Speaking of weapon branches, it looks like ApePresident's going lasers and wrenches for Max. Kind of a shame, although I understand why: the hammers are kinda bad, and the laser's final branch is head and shoulders above everything else. That said, the final grenade launcher is perfectly serviceable. The machine guns, though...I leave the fast weapons to Steve.

As far as the weapon choices are concerned:
I'll be sticking with the wrenches up until chapter 7, might switch over to hammers for the final chapter though I haven't fully decided yet.
I'm still on the fence whether or not to give Monica the Island King or the Dark Cloud. The first one seems to be generally better, while the Dark Cloud seems to excell by abusing the right weaknesses.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
I assume costumes are also going to wait until later? I know you can buy costumes for Max and Monica pretty much as soon as you leave Palm Brinks and get to recruit people. The only costumes you wouldn't be able to get (by not getting medals) are the creepy clown outfit for Max and the even creepier catgirl outfit for Monica, albeit it's creepy for entirely different reasons.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Apepresident posted:

Update
New episode out now!
It's time to find the medicine for Shingala, but before we do that (or anything else that can be considered beings productive) let's have fun with some bugs.
Because losing tons of money and progress due to spaghetti code is always fun ...

As far as the weapon choices are concerned:
I'll be sticking with the wrenches up until chapter 7, might switch over to hammers for the final chapter though I haven't fully decided yet.
I'm still on the fence whether or not to give Monica the Island King or the Dark Cloud. The first one seems to be generally better, while the Dark Cloud seems to excell by abusing the right weaknesses.

I never got to play with the dark cloud, bit I remeber being really disappointed with the island king, the 4 hit combo is just so slow after the griffin fork that it's just not fun to use.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Unfortunately, the Island King is both by far the most powerful sword, but at the same time has the most boring combo. Usually I stick with the Griffons Fork as long as I can until that sword feels to weak and then upgrade it to the Island King and max out its attack immediately. The Griffon's Fork is the most powerful fast 5-hit sword and upgrades to the Island King, so that works out nicely.

Anyway, if you want to tackle the finny frenzy, let me provide a mini guide:

You have five stats, Boost, Stamina, Endurance, Tenacity and Strength. I don't know what Tenacity and Strength does, but I have my suspicion based on the other three stats.
Boost makes the fish swim faster.
Stamina makes the fish swim faster.
Endurance makes the fish swim faster.

You may have read in a FAQ that the stats are supposed to do different things, but as far as I can tell, they just make the fish faster. Max Boost, Stamina and Endurance and you will win every race. I think the lowest tier race is enough for the recruit and 40/40/40 should be more than enough. The fastest way is to raise three fishes, one for each stat and then fuse (breed) them. Always feed the fish with high Boost first, while a fish with high Stamina is just as fast in the Finny Frenzy, this is not true inside the fish tank.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
This one is unexpected: We finally get to see Maximillian's mother.
Seems like all those mother-son cutscenes did have a point after all.

Unknown Quantity posted:

I assume costumes are also going to wait until later? I know you can buy costumes for Max and Monica pretty much as soon as you leave Palm Brinks and get to recruit people. The only costumes you wouldn't be able to get (by not getting medals) are the creepy clown outfit for Max and the even creepier catgirl outfit for Monica, albeit it's creepy for entirely different reasons.

Crap, completely forgot those!
Sadly has to wait 'til the midboss of Chapter 5 since I already recorded the next EP.

Only found like 2 of them so far so I'm guessing the remaining have to be bought by the golf lady.

Vorpal Cat posted:

I never got to play with the dark cloud, bit I remeber being really disappointed with the island king, the 4 hit combo is just so slow after the griffin fork that it's just not fun to use.

I already feel slow and sluggish when I have to switch from my current fast 5-hit to the slow 5-hit.
The change to the 4-hit is going to be hell :/

Crystalgate posted:

Unfortunately, the Island King is both by far the most powerful sword, but at the same time has the most boring combo. Usually I stick with the Griffons Fork as long as I can until that sword feels to weak and then upgrade it to the Island King and max out its attack immediately. The Griffon's Fork is the most powerful fast 5-hit sword and upgrades to the Island King, so that works out nicely.
That's pretty much what I have planned.
Gonna be spending chapters 5 and 6 to grind up to the griffon fork and probably switch either at the end of chapter 7 or the beginning of 8 to the Island King

Crystalgate posted:

Anyway, if you want to tackle the finny frenzy, let me provide a mini guide:

You have five stats, Boost, Stamina, Endurance, Tenacity and Strength. I don't know what Tenacity and Strength does, but I have my suspicion based on the other three stats.
Boost makes the fish swim faster.
Stamina makes the fish swim faster.
Endurance makes the fish swim faster.

You may have read in a FAQ that the stats are supposed to do different things, but as far as I can tell, they just make the fish faster. Max Boost, Stamina and Endurance and you will win every race. I think the lowest tier race is enough for the recruit and 40/40/40 should be more than enough. The fastest way is to raise three fishes, one for each stat and then fuse (breed) them. Always feed the fish with high Boost first, while a fish with high Stamina is just as fast in the Finny Frenzy, this is not true inside the fish tank.

Interesting. I was told that strength and tenacity are supposed to help out in "fighting" though I never saw fish fighting during the race.

Attempted the beginners race with something like 16 Boost and 22 Stamina (and a handful of points in endurance) and managed to ace everything besides the final race, sadly.
So that racing guy has to wait a little longer.

Since you mentioned breeding: How does it work statwise? Does the child simply get the best stats from all of its parents?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Personally I figure that if there's a sword with the same name as the game, you oughta be using it, but I'm not the one playing this and other choices won't make me vote 1 or anything.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Right, her prophecy - that thing where you describe what the past was like. :confused:

The time travel in this game is fun, but it's really silly. It falls apart completely if you think about it at all, so you have to just go along with it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FractalSandwich posted:

Right, her prophecy - that thing where you describe what the past was like. :confused:

The time travel in this game is fun, but it's really silly. It falls apart completely if you think about it at all, so you have to just go along with it.

As the video game with the greatest remix of a popular video game song says: If you change the future, you change the past.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I feel they kind of flubbed Elena's introduction. Their base is under attack, is that really the time to explain everything to Max? They could have had the player want to go save that base even more if they only showed Elena for a short time and left the explanations for when they meet in person after the base is saved. And at least I think it wouldn't have annoyed the player because it makes total sense that she won't explain things yet because of the emergency.

Otherwise, it's cool that Max has a cool Rebel Captain Mom, that he actually meets her before the tail end of the story (I think? It doesn't feel like it's too far in anyway), and she doesn't hide her identity behind a mask or something annoying like that.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

Apepresident posted:

Since you mentioned breeding: How does it work statwise? Does the child simply get the best stats from all of its parents?
That or close to it. Also, the child can get a different color than is normal for the type of fish, like a Nonky can become blue if produced by breeding two none Nonkys.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
Guess who we haven't seen in a quite a while: Gaspard and his Warcraft Flying ship.
It's finally time to blow that thing to pieces and Gaspard with it!

FractalSandwich posted:

The idea of having a person from the future make a baby with a person from the past is kinda cool.
It really doesn't make any sense if you think about it, but atleast it's a unique idea.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I feel they kind of flubbed Elena's introduction. Their base is under attack, is that really the time to explain everything to Max? They could have had the player want to go save that base even more if they only showed Elena for a short time and left the explanations for when they meet in person after the base is saved. And at least I think it wouldn't have annoyed the player because it makes total sense that she won't explain things yet because of the emergency.

Otherwise, it's cool that Max has a cool Rebel Captain Mom, that he actually meets her before the tail end of the story (I think? It doesn't feel like it's too far in anyway), and she doesn't hide her identity behind a mask or something annoying like that.
I like the idea of just showing her face for a couple of seconds and then being sent back to the dungeon.
You'd go through the rest of the dungeon not understanding a thing and get reward with a big plot twist at the end of it.

Speaking of story length: This is pretty much the last lengthy chapter before chapter 7.
Chapter 6 is extremely short, and Chapter 8 is only a bonus (but it does come with some cutscenes that, so it's not only a bonus dungeon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Apepresident posted:

The idea of having a person from the future make a baby with a person from the past is kinda cool.
It really doesn't make any sense if you think about it, but atleast it's a unique idea.
If anything, that's one of the more sensible parts of the story.

• Locked thread