Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
As I predicted, a draw with a British team was possible.
Now to beat Slovakia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Akinfeev needs to sort out this Jekyll and Hyde poo poo he does. That save right before the goal was incredible, and then he let in that free kick that he really should have at least got a touch to. Has he always been like that?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Akinfeev needs to sort out this Jekyll and Hyde poo poo he does. That save right before the goal was incredible, and then he let in that free kick that he really should have at least got a touch to. Has he always been like that?

The short answer is yes. The long answer is that he has periods when he's like this and periods when he's brilliant, and the one period in his entire carreer when he was dogshit just had to happen to be during the first drat World Cup Russia participated in in a century.

Just don't tell that to CSKA fans if you ever meet any, they're in perpetual denial.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
So, Roman Shirokov had an interview after the game.

- What were you tasked with when you were coming on?

- To not gently caress up.

This concluded the interview.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I took upon myself the liberty to post some select pictures from before, during, and after the game.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Alexeythegreat posted:

I took upon myself the liberty to post some select pictures from before, during, and after the game.

Not a true Russian, is wearing Le Coq Sportif instead of Adidas.

Also:
https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/741674621662048256

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Troy Queef posted:

Not a true Russian, is wearing Le Coq Sportif instead of Adidas.

Also:
https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/741674621662048256

I am looking through their website and can't find this headline, or anything resembling it.
Either this is bullshit, or it was changed since.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

good post

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

good post

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/13/moscow-football-official-to-violent-fans-well-done-lads-keep-it-up

quote:

A top football official in Moscow has praised the Russian fans involved in violence over the weekend in Marseille, saying they had defended their country’s honour and should be forgiven.

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

Lebedev, who sits on the executive committee of the Russian football union, is an MP from the nationalist Liberal Democratic party and the deputy chairman of the Russian parliament.

“I don’t understand those politicians and officials who are criticising our fans. We should defend them, and then we can sort it out when they come home,” Lebedev wrote in a series of tweets.

“What happened in Marseille and in other French towns is not the fault of fans, but about the inability of police to organise this kind of event properly.”

Calls to his office went unanswered on Monday, but the Twitter account is believed to be genuine and the sentiments were echoed in comments given to the news website life.ru.

“In nine out of 10 cases, football fans go to games to fight, and that’s normal. The lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland. We should forgive and understand our fans,” Lebedev told the news agency.

He added that it was unfair that Russian fans were being targeted for criticism when it was England fans who had begun the violence, and also noted that there had been violence involving other fans at the tournament, including ahead of the match between Poland and Northern Ireland.

“Our fans are far from the worst; it’s unclear why a lot of media are trying to say our fans’ actions were shameful. You should be objective. If there had been no provocation from English fans, it’s unlikely our fans would have got into fights in the stands.”

Uefa has opened a disciplinary case against Russia for the scenes after the final whistle in their game against England. The violence came after several days of violence in Marseille, much of it involving England fans. Uefa has warned both England and Russia they could be thrown out of the tournament if the violence continues.

Lebedev’s comments are likely to raise huge concern, given that Russia is due to host the world cup in two years. Their tone is in contrast to that of the sports minister, Vitaly Mutko, who criticised the fans involved in fighting.

Mutko initially downplayed the clashes saying media had exaggerated them, but later admitted it was right for Uefa to bring disciplinary proceedings against Russia and condemned the clashes. “It’s clear that some people didn’t come here to watch football. They’ve covered their faces and then brought shame on their country,” he said.

Mutko was criticised for standing on the pitch after the final whistle and appearing to egg on Russian fans, just metres from where clashes with England fans were taking place. Lebedev suggested that if Mutko had been in the stands, he would have joined in the fighting.

“We ought to thank him for not being indifferent to football, and for the fact that he doesn’t just get involved in the sporting side but also gives a lot of attention to work with the supporters... I personally think that if Mutko had been with the fans in the stands and was not an official, he would have also have got into the fight with the England fans, because they provoked it.”

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Give Russia, Israel and Turkey to the AFC

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Igor Lebedev is not a football official, he's a retarded politician son of an older retarded politician

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Alexeythegreat posted:

Igor Lebedev is not a football official, he's a retarded politician son of an older retarded politician

He's also a member of the LDPR, a political party run by Russia's craziest man.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
2018 gonna fukken own

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

€150k fine for Russia and suspended disqualification if their supporters kick off again

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Wow so England might make it out of the group after all

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Russia given a suspended disqualification from Euro 2016

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Jose posted:

€150k fine for Russia and suspended disqualification if their supporters kick off again

More specifically - kick off inside a stadium.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Well, this means that Russia's going home after the group stage regardless of how the matches end, because whoever expects Russian fans to have a brain and/or care about the national team is in for a rude awakening.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

It's a great incentive for us plucky Brits to provoke another scrap and get Russia sent home.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

jyrka posted:

More specifically - kick off inside a stadium.

They've already been threatened separately about their behaviour outside of the stadium, which is where 'England could also get kicked out' comes from.

Effectively they're gone though, I can't see anyway that, given some will have stayed in Marseille for the Poland/Ukraine game, and some will be in Lille/Lens for their game and English/Welsh fans, that someone doesn't die. You've already got one poor fucker in a coma.

Also it's going to really gently caress up the best third placed teams stuff.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/russia-handed-suspended-euro-2016-disqualification-fined-150000-uefa

quote:

Dzyuba also criticised the British media for its coverage of the incidents in Marseille, claiming it was politically motivated and aimed at stripping Russia of its hosting rights for the 2018 World Cup.

:qq:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Looking forward to the hooligan match between Poland and Russia

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/742432263233802240

:laugh:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Timing on this one might be a tad insensitive

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
2018 gonna be on fleek

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Total Meatlove posted:

Timing on this one might be a tad insensitive

No, he's actually doing it in order to get cheers from Russians.
It is also quite likely that he actually thinks that way.

The only inaccuracy here is that he's not with police, but with a structure whose name translates as "Investigative Committee" and is basically the authority that investigates most crimes. This is an inaccuracy because police is a different structure entirely. Also, none of this is relevant.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Russia sounds kinda awesome.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

No, he's actually doing it in order to get cheers from Russians.
It is also quite likely that he actually thinks that way.

The only inaccuracy here is that he's not with police, but with a structure whose name translates as "Investigative Committee" and is basically the authority that investigates most crimes. This is an inaccuracy because police is a different structure entirely. Also, none of this is relevant.

I mean it won't go down well in a country where a policeman and his wife just got killed in a Daesh terror attack. Unless you mean that's why he did it and I underestimated how poo poo Russians could be.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Total Meatlove posted:

I mean it won't go down well in a country where a policeman and his wife just got killed in a Daesh terror attack. Unless you mean that's why he did it and I underestimated how poo poo Russians could be.

No, that's not why he did it and he was only thinking about gays being bad and the joke was about gay pride parades.
That said, you are probably underestimating how poo poo Russians are anyway.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
In the daily politics they said 52% of uk Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal. In Russia its about 75-80%, and rightly so itpo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Russia forward Artem Dzyuba added: "We're not at a street-fighting championship. Please, let's focus on football."

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

would like to see that championship

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

If I were to guess, I'd say that vk.com (a Russian Facebook knock-off) is already flooded with, ern, "highlights". Although I can't be bothered to look for them and I don't have a vk.com account anyway.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

straight up brolic posted:

You can at EVO, Zangief is tier 1 m8

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Gigi Galli posted:

You can at EVO, Zangief is tier 1 m8

lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
My uncle who works in FIFA told me Russia is getting kicked out

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
shitfuck

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

This is sadly the most coherent and sensible thing a Russian has said regarding the Euros to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/dsUswQD.jpg:nws: for blurred nazi titty or something I don't know

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 15, 2016

• Locked thread