Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good news is that russia is kicking itself out of the tournament at the group stages with their terrible team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Kilmers Elbow posted:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/dsUswQD.jpg:nws: for blurred nazi titty or something I don't know

cheers

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
shatov on wing, glushakov/shirokov in mid, either kokorin or smolov on the other wing i guess, no idea why slutsky is so hell bent on playing a midfield with ZERO international experience

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Russia lost, most excellent

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

At least the fans can still compete in the street fighting tournament, since Russia's going out at the group stage regardless :v:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/confortistefano/status/743191815860396032

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
What's the golden mushroom the left wing is thinking of?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/743044609761259520

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

lol, nothing surprising here

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Doctor Malaver posted:

What's the golden mushroom the left wing is thinking of?

Golden Ball/Boot, maybe.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

лмао

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
maybe wales losing will force slutsky to put out out his best lineup on monday

naaaah, expecting more of the same

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
stop slutskyshaming

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
*barges loudly into thread*

give me one steak - well done, a bottle water not cold, and turn off air condition

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Okay, it's time.

gently caress England and gently caress Wales.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Akinfeev- Smolnikov, Ignashevich, V. Berezutski, Kombarov - Glushakov, Mamaev - Smolov, Shirokov, Kokorin - Dzyuba

Pretty sure shatov isn't fully fit

Can't wait for a dull draw and getting knocked out!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
lmao this is indeed the worst Russia I've ever seen, barring maybe the home game v Austria in qualifying

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Alexeythegreat posted:

lmao this is indeed the worst Russia I've ever seen, barring maybe the home game v Austria in qualifying

I hope you don't find this offensive but your country is garbage and should be banned from any sporting or athletic competitions for at least the next twenty years.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

I hope you don't find this offensive but your country is garbage and should be banned from any sporting or athletic competitions for at least the next twenty years.

While I have seen your posting and know you're trying to troll me, this is not how you should do it, because you are 100% correct. Unironically.
The poo poo that floats up with the doping and the phenomenally poo poo showings in the tournaments is just the tip of the corrupt iceberg of poo poo, corruption, ignorant hate and corruption.

Maybe a disqualification would make the corrupt fucks in charge learn something.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pissflaps posted:

This, but England.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Alexeythegreat posted:

While I have seen your posting and know you're trying to troll me, this is not how you should do it, because you are 100% correct. Unironically.
The poo poo that floats up with the doping and the phenomenally poo poo showings in the tournaments is just the tip of the corrupt iceberg of poo poo, corruption, ignorant hate and corruption.

I'm not 'trying to troll you' that's my opinion on the state of Russia as a country and a sporting entity. It needs to gently caress off.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Agreed. Russia should learn to hide their doping use better like the UK does. loving idiots!

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
As I am not generally opposed to the Russian World Cup in 2018 I feel a bit sad for you guys, it will be a desaster with that team. Just like the part with noone wanting to accept the captains bind and all that. No matter what fresh blood (hihi) you can get as trainer team now it won't probably help much with a timeframe of 2 years. So its those guys and Slutsky and good riddance with those.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I'd probably do a charming clean slate and be all "well its the new guys, but they fought" (it worked for us Germans in 2006 very well).

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

dogboy posted:

I'd probably do a charming clean slate and be all "well its the new guys, but they fought" (it worked for us Germans in 2006 very well).

There is no clean slate, because there are no new guys to "fight". That's especially the case with the defense, where the current centrebacks are literally the only Russian CBs who play in a Russian PL team that wasn't relegated, barring one person, who's also poo poo.
Germany has schools, Russia does not. Here's what Russia has:
- Russian kids, with the exception of the southwestern part of the country, can only practice 5-6 months a year;
- The academies are corrupt as poo poo and unless the parents can pay a huge-rear end bribe, the kid isn't advancing anywhere. In many academies it's not just for the admission, but also for progressing to the next year/level in the pyramid;
- The coaches of youth teams (national and club alike) need to win tournaments to prove that they're doing something, not develop individual talent, so, where the bribe rule fails to apply, the biggest and the strongest are the ones who will play;
- Speaking of coaches, I'm not sure there are any competent kids' coaches in Russia, not after two decades of their average salary being somewhere around 300 dollars;
- And the culmination of this all is the quota on foreign players in the PL and D1 teams, meaning that the clubs are forced to play a certain amount of Russian players. Doesn't matter if they're garbage, they play because they're Russian. As a result, anyone barely capable of at least a Jozy-level first touch is ridiculously overpaid. We're talking 2-4 mil Eur/year. Yes, this Russian team gets paid about as much in their clubs as most players from the good teams. No, they don't have to win any competition for that to happen. There is no competition.

There isn't even a Serbian/Croatian variant of corruption, where agents try their earnest to sell as many people as possible to Europe, resulting in their individual development, because the Russian clubs will pay a lot more anyway, since they need anyone who can hit the ball and is a Russian national.

After the collapse of the USSR, every next generation of Russian footballers was getting worse and worse. 2008 was a one-time miracle concocted by Raymond Verheijen and that team's Zyryanov-Semshov-Semak midfield, which was having its last tournament, and even that was possible only because we were in an rear end group with Greece and Sweden. There's a reason why that same team proceeded to lose to loving Slovenia in the play-offs for the 2010WC qualification.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 21, 2016

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Get some Brazilians in ffs, bleach them if you have to.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tortuga posted:

Get some Brazilians in ffs, bleach them if you have to.

The Brazilians who play in Russia that aren't Hulk aren't any better than these garbagemen

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I've heard Zenit has a good academy as they had/have a lot of foreign coaches.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

jyrka posted:

I've heard Zenit has a good academy as they had/have a lot of foreign coaches.

The director of Zenit's academy is Dutch, but all the coaches are former Russian players. One guy used to be Spalletti's interpreter (lmao).
While there were huge changes to it (that, and also the establishment of FC Krasnodar academy), they were way too recent to result in anything as of yet.

E: Never mind, the director has been replaced with one of Zenit's "legends" from the Soviet era.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Alexei, it must be hard for you now but you have to make a video compilation - best of Russian defense. Set it to Benny Hill music.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Lol @ an Englishman saying anything about doping while Team Sky is a thing and Chris Froome exists

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That's cycling mate, they"re all doped

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
It's football mate....

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
US and UK beat a bunch of Russian track and field athletes on more gear than a transmission...but do it clean :clint:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

When you do this poo poo, it really doesn't loving matter if you are doping or not.
Also, Russian football (just football, though) doesn't do doping, because they already got caught over 10 years ago and had their disqualifications back then

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

That's San Marino levels bad.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Pand posted:

That's San Marino levels bad.

San Marino would never defend so poorly. Those tiny teams defend 90 minutes of every game. They've been parking buses for generations and can do it rather well.

It's school playground level bad. When the only tactics is 'run towards the ball' regardless of how many teammates are already on it.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Those 36 conceded goals during the qualifiers must have been a fluke then.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Alexeythegreat posted:

When you do this poo poo, it really doesn't loving matter if you are doping or not.
Also, Russian football (just football, though) doesn't do doping, because they already got caught over 10 years ago and had their disqualifications back then

It's Neil Taylor, mate. I wouldn't have bothered marking him either.

No one here can believe he managed to put it away (on the second attempt).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
From what I hear, there's actually some media pressure in Russia about instituting long-term reforms to bear fruit in a decade or so because Russia's play at this tournament was such a disgrace.

Alexey, take heart, this could be a good thing in the long run. You always have to fail to reform.

• Locked thread