Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

And what are you going to do with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

meatpimp posted:

I already said... sways and power. Certainly no lift.

I was thinking of naming this thread "Re-Escaladed," btw. :D

(I'll give you my address. send me your stock wheels, I need them for Winter.)

You know I had to give you are hard time.

Make sure to post what long tubes you end up running...I don't think anyone makes them for us with a matching Y-pipe that connects to the stock cat back location.

Mine will forever be cooler than yours.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

I got almost 18mpg over 540 miles on Sunday. All freeway, but through the West Virginia mountains, fresh from a maintenance-neglecting owner. That's less than 2 mpg below the Envoy with its puny 4.2l 6 cylinder and full maintenance (Envoy did just under 18mpg on the freeway when I first got it.)

On that front, I put in a $130 order from Amazon just for Differential, Transfer Case and Power Steering fluids. The monster rear end takes 5 quarts of gear oil itself. :drat:

18mpg!? I get 14mpg city & highway unless I'm cruising at 55mph. (6mpg if you can hear the aftermarket exhaust roaring)

This is with fresh synthetic in the entire drivetrain, new plugs & wires & intake/exhaust mods.

Must be the lift & tires.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

I just did 150 miles in it today, clocked in right at 17.5mpg. I think that a more open intake and exhaust should only help that. :shrug: how many miles on yours?

In other news: driving 150 miles in it with the tires properly aired and wheels mounted at proper torques, with half the drivetrain switched to synthetic made it even more smooth. I'm really liking it so far. It's a straight truck, like the Envoy, but all comfortable-like. It's a good combo.

215k. Losing the factory rake & gaining 5" of clearance after a lift and heavy 33" mud all terrain tires isn't helping my case.

I drive brand new Ford Platinum F-150's/Explorers/Etc. all day....still like driving my old Escalade a lot more.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 8, 2016

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

So I suck so far with no pics or video of the K&N FIPK2 install, but it's in there. The resonance chambers on the stock intake are unreasonably huge and make the engine bay much more open when they're gone. Very little difference in sound in normal driving, a cabin-filling resonance if you got just past part-throttle on takeoff, but nothing objectionable. Full throttle gives a nice induction howl. I can't attribute more power directly to the intake, but through the course of changing filters/fluids/plugs/gas/etc, it has gone from having a huge dead zone in the 1-2 shift to running the motor to a higher RPM before 1-2 shifting and it's overall noticeably quicker and stronger.

I just got done changing the coolant... how a car can have 11 zerk fittings for the suspension and steering maintenance, yet no petcock for the radiator is loving beyond me. :mad:

I've got a set of Wagner coated rotors and Delco professional ceramic pads waiting to put on. I'm going to paint the calipers when it's disassembled, so since it'll already be on jack stands, I'm going to change the transmission fluid and filter, too. That'll be the end of fluid changes, since I'll have been through all of them at that point.

Head unit has puked on every burned navigation disc I've tried, OEM one ordered, hopefully that works.

Try hitting the tow/haul button on the shifter stalk for better shifts.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

KennyLoggins posted:

So is the AWD on these full time 50-50 split?

40 front/60 rear

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

EDIT: Last on my "getting acquainted" list was fog lights.

Stock replacement fog lights are $30/pair. I could stick some good bulbs in and be done. However, I'd like to put LEDs there.

I tried a pair of 36W 7" light bars from Amazon, but they were in a flood pattern and really sucked in general. Are there any LED fog lights with a reasonable pattern and high light output at a reasonable price? I don't want to spend $250+ for PIAAs, but the sub-$50 seem to be crap, with little in between.

I bought stock replacement fogs and they are worthless, literally as bright as a candle. Just ordered a couple of Made in China 6" LED light bars that I'm going to retrofit behind the factory fog lenses.

I'll let you know if it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

Elmnt80 posted:

Is it one of those 16" steelies off the base silverado? I know thats what the avalanche and suburbans had as a spare, but not sure about the escalades.

Escalades come with a 24" chrome spinner as a spare.

• Locked thread