Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Black88GTA posted:

The spare tire elevator is a gigantic piece of poo poo design, and is pretty much guaranteed to be rusted shut. Check yours out, unstick it, lube it, etc in your driveway, rather than finding this out on the side of the road when you need it.

Haha, oh god. My Dad was driving the family 2003 Suburban on a roadtrip from VT to SC, and near family in PA, had to hit the brakes hard, which promptly blew the rusted brake line. He managed to avoid any incident, and limped it to my Grandmother's place and had it towed to a shop.

They had to replace ALL of the line, since the lovely brine Vermont uses wrecked it all. And they couldn't get the spare tire down, so they routed that brake line under it, rather than over. :wtc:

After the road trip, he took it to a place in VT, and I'm fairly sure they got it off via torch.

The part that confused the hell out of me from all of this, if he managed to dodge a school bus (it cut him off) in a Suburban with no brakes, why was he nervous about the BMW driving school!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread