Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Larrymer posted:

You don't really want nav that's that old anyway. Don't pay for that poo poo.

Ya the company that does the updates is like a year behind so when they say 2016 nav disc! its really a 2015 and already out of date.

With my CTS the only way to update it is to get a disc from the supplier and give them the vin to get a unlock code. Although the nav in the CTS isn't to bad its not as good as any half decent phone map app.

I might have a nav disc from one of my DTS's you could have but I don't know if the GMT800 trucks used the same nav system.

Its funny how around the mid 2000s Cadillac had like 3 different nav os's the 05+ STS used a really old system. The 2006+ DTS used one that is similar to the GMT900 and the 07-09 SRX and some Buicks. The -05 CTS used a really old os that I don't think was used in anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

meatpimp posted:

I bet it's the same if you find one... ironically, the disc I'm looking for is the same one I had for the '05 STS that I had for a month or so last year. I just cannot find the damned thing anywhere and I may have thrown it away, thinking I'd never use it again. :smith:

I looked all over for it and I think I left it in the car along with the updated one I bought as well when I traded the car 2 years ago. And I think I left some CDs in the changer too. Oh well still have the wood steering wheel though that I swapped out.

From what I could see I think the GMT800 Nav isn't the same as the 06+ DTS or 07+ GMT900.

This is what the nav I had looks like.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
So is the AWD on these full time 50-50 split?

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

Avalon is plugging right along. I over filled the AC a bit, but once I got that sorted, every single thing on the car works like it should... but I found out about 2008-2009 Buick Lacrosse Supers and I may be looking at replacing it. :ohdear:

The LS4 is awesome. The 4T65E-HD its attached to is not. That transmission had trouble with the supercharged 3800 let alone a 323 ft lb V8. I drove a GP GXP and that was a sweet car. Torque steered like a mofo but man it was fun.

If you do get one look into Triple Edge Performance to do a rebuild on the internals that will hold up better then a stock 4T65E-HD. My N* with the 4T80E never skipped a beat, to bad that it is so big and wouldn't fit in a W-Body.

• Locked thread