Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

I think my favorite is how Subaru puts plastic armor over them to prevent rust, but has to remove it at the ends so the flare nuts will fit right, and therefore water wicks under the plastic and eats the exposed ends right by the flare nuts anyways. And how Chrysler puts steel wire coiled around the lines to protect them from gravel, but all it really does is act as a very effective saltwater trap that again rots the steel pipe.

Ford did that on the filler neck on my Mustang. Nice corrugated plastic to keep all the poo poo out. And by 'keep all the poo poo out', I mean 'trap absolutely loving everything' so the filler neck rusts into oblivion while it looks fine at a glance. I probably dumped close to quarter pound of bullshit out of there when I changed the neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

What year did the 5.3s start getting DoD?

Friend of mine has an older 5.3 Yukon that he's trying to learn how to wrench on. Pretty sure his is too old for that, but it'd be nice to be able to warn him of potential issues. He has really low miles on it (<100k), at least....

I believe it showed up with the Gen IVs in 2005.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Hahaha, that's fantastic. I hope you rev at people at every red light.

• Locked thread